Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,173 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking (44585 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / Top 10 Richest Footballer In The World– Latest Review / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2020
oodua1stson:
sometimes arguing with some of y'all here is just an utter waste of time and a brain strain. For starters, what's the screenshot you posted supposed to mean? Is it to validate your ‘points’ or he's your stream of boxing knowledge?

And you also said Klitschko allowed Joshua to recover? What do you think they are doing? Ballet? In the 2nd Ruiz fight you said he did not engage? Is that why he outpointed and outpunched Ruiz? Is that also why Ruiz face looks battered?

Fought scared like a meek rat? E ma wo weyrey yi. Have you ever been in a boxing ring? Someone needs to put people like you to sleep. You called the only man to knock out Wladmir Klitschko in 13 years a meek rat? Like you'd have the spine to say it to his face.

Arguing with you is a total waste of my time. Just sod off!
has no stamina. Too much muscle makes him gas out
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DRPAIT123(m): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
OTayobami:

Middle weight
Still Heavyweight, but dude is not among the top dogs yet, he's still in the making, truth be told, he needs to work really hard.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by mdchikezie(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
paulolee:
there was a time that Joshua and wilder was on everyone's lips arguing for who the strongest is because both were on a winning streak...
there came fury that said he would beat both of them easily and people thought he was joking not until he took wilder to the cleaners..
with what i saw that day, all i can say is that this fury guy is the best heavy weight fighter for now..
but boxing is all about technique and maybe he studied wilder soo well after that their first fight that fury almost lost and the rematch was a easy win...
but i wont be surprised if AJ defeat fury and also if wilder gets to knock out AJ..
thats boxing for you, it do happens in football too..
can't wait for fury vs AJ and i know it wont be an easy win for whoever wins it...

AJ VS FURY MIGHT NEVER HAPPEN UNTIL THEY RETIRE,
BUT IF IT EVA HAPPENS, IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST BOX AND PURSE OF ITS TIME
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DRPAIT123(m): 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2020
Righteousness89:
Where is our Samuel Peters?
over and worn out, retired, dude never became a champion,even after several nice trials at title shots, he's retired now.
I'll like you to goggle Ike ibeabuchi instead, his career will make you weep.
I consider him better than AJ and he was cut off while still undefeated, the devil cheated him big time, I'll say is the most naturally balanced fighter in terms of pure boxing skills that Nigeria has ever produced.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Righteousness89(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
DRPAIT123:
over and worn out, retired, dude never became a champion,even after several nice trials at title shots, he's retired now.
I consider him better than AJ and he was cut off while still undefeated, the devil cheated him big time, I'll say is the most naturally balanced fighter in terms of pure boxing skills that Nigeria has ever produced.

Why was He Cut off?
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DRPAIT123(m): 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nuel19:

Why should I take sniper? Kudos to Anthony Joshua, that's my man but have you heard about this man; Dick Tiger?

Dick Tiger (born Richard Ihetu; August 14, 1929 – December 14, 1971) was a Nigerian-born professional boxer who held the World Middleweight and World Light Heavyweight Championships.

Tiger was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1991. The Ring magazine named him Fighter of the Year in 1962 and 1965, while the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) named him Fighter of the Year in 1962 and 1966. In 2002, Tiger was voted by The Ring magazine as the 31st greatest fighter of the last 80 years.

Calm down and stop doing gra gra, I love boxing, i love Joshua but my favourite boxer still remains Mike Tyson.
its OK to like Iron mike but Lennox lewis is better in terms of résumé, mike did broke some records in his prime though, indiscipline and affiliation with Don king killed his career and Cus D'amato's death.
He wouldn't make it into my first 5 best HW ever, but hopefully best 10
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DRPAIT123(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2020
Righteousness89:

Why was He Cut off?
He got banged up for years, for some domestic violence sort of
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DRPAIT123(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
For me ehh, na that boy wey them dey call Adesanya be my number heavy weight, feather weight and any other weight wey una get out there.

Adesanya na my number one ninja ginger of a boxer.
UFC not boxing
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Eryyy92: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
oz4real83:
I always have this feeling that Tyson Fury will win in a fight with Anthony Joshua. Tyson Fury looks like a typical rough and rugged "agbero" while Anthony Joshua looks too "ajeboish" grin. Boxing is an agbero sport and Fury has got all the attributes of an agbero grin. I just hope Joshua keeps winning smiley
you just said what's in my mind
That Tyson fury guy dey hard o
in fact I dey fear for AJ

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by OTayobami(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
Okuda:

or better still go and buy a gf with your 1m. winwin for you

Lol no reason am o
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by shadrach77: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
DAYOODS:
This rating is very accurate . Tyson Fury is the best and most skillful among them for now.Wilder is just a scam. He loves selecting easy fight until he selected fury that beat him. In fact,for years Wilder cawordly avoided fighting with Dillian Whyte but our Anthony Joshua fought him and beat him. This is one of the reasons Whyte is rated ahead Wilder.
smiley

I once wrote it on this platform that the WBC belt is the most important of all the belts and anyone who holds it is technically the best in the division. Some people were arguing with me. This ranking proves me right. AJ with his three belts is still second best

Only becoming undisputed will make him number one
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
Because AJ is not from your region? As for those of us who value and thank God for his life we are proud to have him as one of the best 10 in the whole wide world
Mchenryfreeman:
Please kindly remove Joshua name
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Koko1119: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
What of bash ali or even samuel peter.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by feedthenation(m): 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
Apart from 1 and 2, i don't the remaining 8 guys
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Ayobami7(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
Congrats
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Simbrixton(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kekereekun123:
fought no one yet of note in HW
he is future world number 1
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
Simbrixton:
he is future world number 1
knocked down by someone who has lost 18 times. When he faces a real boxer he would be exposed badly and beaten

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Kachi4christ(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kekereekun123:
No man alive can defeat fury. Great chin and stamina with boxing IQ. but limited power. but if you cant KO him he wins on points most times lol
Joshua- no stamina and limited movement and average chin
Whyte- Dodgy chin and gra gra boxing iq with a bad ass left hook
Wilder- all power with limited boxing IQ and average chin.
Rubbish
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Kachi4christ(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
Eryyy92:
you just said what's in my mind
That Tyson fury guy dey hard o
in fact I dey fear for AJ
Don't underestimate AJ that AJ GUY has more than we can imagine
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:05am On Aug 04, 2020
paulolee:
there was a time that Joshua and wilder was on everyone's lips arguing for who the strongest is because both were on a winning streak...
there came fury that said he would beat both of them easily and people thought he was joking not until he took wilder to the cleaners..
with what i saw that day, all i can say is that this fury guy is the best heavy weight fighter for now..
but boxing is all about technique and maybe he studied wilder soo well after that their first fight that fury almost lost and the rematch was a easy win...
but i wont be surprised if AJ defeat fury and also if wilder gets to knock out AJ..
thats boxing for you, it do happens in football too..
can't wait for fury vs AJ and i know it wont be an easy win for whoever wins it...

Anybody who thought fury was joking isn't a boxing regular.Fury held all joshua's belts in 2015 before he was stripped
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:07am On Aug 04, 2020
robosky02:
The top 10 heavyweight boxers in the world have been ranked by Ring Magazine with Tyson Fury coming on top of the rankings.

With the supposed agreement of Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury happening in 2021, and the third contest between Fury and Deontay Wilder, the heavyweight division has once again become the popular class in boxing.

Ring magazine have also named their other top 10 boxers in the division and with one of the biggest fights in the history of the heavyweight division not too far away, they have named Tyson Fury as their number one in the division.

Here is the top 10 according to Ring Magazine:

10. Kubrat Pulev

9. Oscar Rivas

8. Michael Hunter

7. Joseph Parker

6. Alexander Povetkin

5. Luis Ortiz

4. Deontay Wilder

3. Dillian Whyte

2. Anthony Joshua

1. Tyson Fury

The Gypsy King ends up top of the list, the only man unbeaten on this list after the controversial draw, then dominating win over Deontay Wilder in their fights in 2018 and 2020.

Anthony Joshua comes second place after regaining the WBA, IBF, IBO, and WBO titles after his shock loss to Andy Ruiz Jr in 2019. Joshua currently sits on a record of 23 wins and one loss, also with a staggering 87.5% KO percentage.

The most surprising placement is arguably Wilder coming fourth behind Whyte. The Bronze Bomber arguably has the second best record with a 42-1-1 record with the draw and loss only coming at the hands of Fury.

The former WBC champions held the belt for five years.

What do you think of this top 10 ranking of heavyweight champions?

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/news-top-10s-the-top-10-heavyweight-boxers-in-the-world-have-been-ranked-20200801.amp.html

Andy ruiz jnr is definitely top8
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:08am On Aug 04, 2020
OTayobami:

Middle weight

He is an upcoming heavyweight
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:13am On Aug 04, 2020
Nuel19:

Shut the Zap up! You know nothing about the sweet science.

Deontay Wilder didn't avoid tough bouts. He also fought tougher opponents.

He knocked out the Cuban boxer, Luis Ortiz twice in a beautiful way.

You must understand that has a champion, you must fight all fights thrown on your way. Boxing is a business and as such one should be careful not to spoil your records.

Lmao,luiz ortiz was never his mandatory but wilder decided to take advantage of the old man twice, rumors have it he is around 50years in reality(he said in an interview he remembers watching the 1974 rumble in the jungle with his father).dillian whyte has been wbc mandatory for over 3years and wilder has ducked him,same way he has been ducking Joshua for a unification bout and coming to spread lies on social media.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:20am On Aug 04, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
Nawa o.

How can you put Dillian Whyte ahead of Deontay Wilder?

I know that Wilder has never been that spectacular (barring his knockout rates), but Whyte is not a great fighter either.

Only Joshua has a better CV than whyte,whyte has fought joshua,Parker who is ranked 7th on this list,Chisora twice,Oscar rivas who is ranked 9th on this list,Lucas browne,wach and is was even meant to face povetkin before lockdown,look at that CV and compare it to Wilder's.
Wilder's only notable fights are the two against fury which he lost,and two yeye victories against luiz Ortiz who is 55 years old
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:26am On Aug 04, 2020
Nuel19:

Not so my brother. In boxing today, Deontay Wilder posseses the deadliest single punch. His right hand is very devastating. When it connects, man....theres nothing you can do about it.

Stop all this rants abeg,he wouldn't have lasted 2 rounds with any of the brothers,he used to spar with them and rumors have it they knocked him out.When he had the WBC and the klitchsko's had the other belts,instead of him to challenge them for a unification bout,he was playing around,he was even celebrating his birthday with them,the guy is a clown
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:30am On Aug 04, 2020
EkunKekere:
Tyson Fury will kill Anthony Joshua.
Joshua is notorious in boxing for having what is called a glass chin, which is why an overweight journeyman like Ruiz was able to knock him out so easily and embarrassingly.It's also the reason he ran away from fighting Wilder because Wilder would have decked him like a learner.
Joshua is overhyped.

Please,Joshua did not duck wilder.Wilder is a clown just chasing clout and wasn't ready for any unification,and trust me there is no way on earth he is beating Joshua cause before he can get lucky for one of his thug like punches to connect,Joshua would have boxed life out of him.
And ruiz isn't a journeyman please,he fought Joseph Parker and the decision could have went his way.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:34am On Aug 04, 2020
sucess001:
Nice list but the biggest elephant in the room is the absence of Andy Ruiz Jnr and Usyk who I believe should replace Hunter and Rivas.

I will even put Brazzelle or Dunois ahead of those two names

Dubois is still young and though his win against Gorman was impressive,he should beat joe Joyce first.Did you just say breazeale?That guy is a overhyped journeyman,he was floored by a 47yr old man and was on the verge of losing if not for the injury the man sustained.His most impressive achievement is taking Joshua 7 rounds(which i criticize Joshua for cause he should have done the job quicker) and you know how stupid he was against wilder. Breazeale isn't top25.
Hunter is a cruiserweight who moved up and he drew povetkin,rivas dropped dillian whyte,so they aren't poor boxers.But andy ruiz and even Chisora should be ahead of both

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:37am On Aug 04, 2020
jomoh:

If wilder should beat anyone after the way fury exposed his one handed technic then the boxer should either fire all his trainers or retire from boxing. The fact is that fury clearly exposed wilder has being one handed. Just block his right hand and keep pounding him.

Wilder knows he is a bum that is why he selects his fights and fights 389th ranked boxers,ignores mandatories like white and go for breazeale.Was chasing 55yr luiz Ortiz who is not even a mandatory and used him to shine twice,what a bum!!

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:41am On Aug 04, 2020
DRPAIT123:

Nah,Samuel Peter became wbc champion and that was the time NTA used to broadcast all of his fights until he lost it to vitali klitchsko.He really suffered from the hand of the brothers.
Ikeabuchi's story is very sad and the guy was good,could have really troubled the likes of Lennox,holyfield and tyson.He knocked out Byrd who became heavyweight champion twice and beat david tua that is a force to be reckoned with.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:43am On Aug 04, 2020
DRPAIT123:
its OK to like Iron mike but Lennox lewis is better in terms of résumé, mike did broke some records in his prime though, indiscipline and affiliation with Don king killed his career and Cus D'amato's death.
He wouldn't make it into my first 5 best HW ever, but hopefully best 10

Tyson's story is very sad,people argue he was out of prime when he fought lewis and holyfield and would have demolished them in his prime even though those two were older.We will never know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:44am On Aug 04, 2020
shadrach77:

I once wrote it on this platform that the WBC belt is the most important of all the belts and anyone who holds it is technically the best in the division. Some people were arguing with me. This ranking proves me right. AJ with his three belts is still second best

Only becoming undisputed will make him number one

Lmao,this is a joke,all the belts carry equal prestige and WBA is even the oldest and more loved.There arw many factors that affected fury's ranking,if you aren't a casual,you will know that.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Babastrong(m): 2:52am On Aug 04, 2020
Who did this ranking?
where is my own name. I can beat these people. I challenged them. They are spot men but i am a gladiator.
any way, that is boxing for you. You win today, you lose 2morow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification / Perpetua Nkwocha Weds Nwufoh In Owerri (Photos) / Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.