Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring (38272 Views)

UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Dadaboy: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
Buddy0:
How does this affect common man.
Like if you had never been to this shoprite
It’s like suffering has blocked your common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by frog12: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
GOING, GOING, GONE. they will leave sooner or later. they are just denying. this is how they start.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by sonnie10: 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
When shoprite started, we all knew that my Aba, Onitsha and Alaba brothers would outsmart them in the business.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by zoedew: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
The difference between five and six is easily discernible! Who wants to buy into a company that has a $10million court of appeal judgment against it. They are sure to lose at the Supreme Court.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Dharmiejoe(m): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
It's very obvious even to the blind man that the average Nigerian purchasing power has dwindled drastically especially during this covid 19 period therefore many multinational will witness a sharp decline in sales. Smart move from the company to handover their assests but relinquishing it to an indigenous company spells doom for Shoprite as a brand with inflated prices.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by joyandfaith: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
zoedew:
The difference between five and six is easily discernible! Who wants to buy into a company that has a $10million court of appeal judgment against it. They are sure to lose at the Supreme Court.
tell me more.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
The South African community in Nigeria has been a close kitted one, even before COVID 19 gave everyone a good punch most South African companies were already planning exist strategies.My worries is what they see in our economic that we are not seeing or taking note of that might smell doomsday for us. I just hope MTN and Multichoice are not planning same that would be a final nail on the coffin.All I know we need to start taking proactive steps,reduce our external debts and exposure to China Trojan loans.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Ikennamurphy: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
sylve11:

The end of shoprite in Nigeria is come...
That's how we lost Mr. Biggs. Last two years, While I was in Lagos, I went to one restaurant that has Mr. Biggs on its sign board, thinking it's Mr. Biggs. Na franchise stuff. Well, I was hungry so I waggled my way in. I requested for friedrice, they gave me popo garri rice and when I requested for chicken, I was served native fowl with hard bones. The cutlery were nothing to write about. The fork was so bent as if it's what they depicts on postal as the devil's fork. The knife so blunt that you'd need to apply extra force with your muscles aching to tear before you could get a pound of flesh. I got up without saying a word. Pay them their money and ran away.
embarassed cool

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaa cheesy grin grin grin.. You made me laugh so hard.. Nothing actually works so fine being managed by Nigerians.. Most are opportunists
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by tot(f): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dadaboy:

It’s like suffering has blocked your common sense.

Completely grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by vickydevoka(m): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
ProfAmaben:
ShopRite shouldn't go anywhere. If you give Nigerians this business opportunity, they would wanna become billionaires overnight. Truth be told, ShopRite is cheaper than our so-called market where you have to bargain for hours to buy commodities at inflated prices.

Let's use the present Rice scenario in Nigeria, when we were importing high quality stone free rice, we bought mudu at 600 despite being imported and of high quality. Fast forward today, mudu is 800 with all the stones minus the importation and custom duty. My question is, how can one produce something and it's more expensive than when you were importing?

Why this long epistle? Nigerians are opportunists that love taking advantage of situations at the detriment of their countryman. We see wickedness as being smart, fuel adds a naira and transportation price is hiked. ShopRite, kindly stay, same with DStv.
Which mudu
Na Jos mudu or maiduguri mudu be 800.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by zoedew: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by abdulkayus(m): 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
sonnie10:
When shoprite started, we all knew that my Aba, Onitsha and Alaba brothers would outsmart them in the business.

And how did they outsmart them?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by loadedvibes: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
This comment deserve gold star
ProfAmaben:
ShopRite shouldn't go anywhere. If you give Nigerians this business opportunity, they would wanna become billionaires overnight. Truth be told, ShopRite is cheaper than our so-called market where you have to bargain for hours to buy commodities at inflated prices.

Let's use the present Rice scenario in Nigeria, when we were importing high quality stone free rice, we bought mudu at 600 despite being imported and of high quality. Fast forward today, mudu is 800 with all the stones minus the importation and custom duty. My question is, how can one produce something and it's more expensive than when you were importing?

Why this long epistle? Nigerians are opportunists that love taking advantage of situations at the detriment of their countryman. We see wickedness as being smart, fuel adds a naira and transportation price is hiked. ShopRite, kindly stay, same with DStv.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Noneroone(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
looks like sponsored write up.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
ayenale1:
This guy is from Ogun state, nice move.
You've been noticed, okay
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Correcto: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Since the loss of MRBiggs, do you know how many eateries has been established?
sylve11:

That's how we lost Mr. Biggs. Last two years, While I was in Lagos, I went to one restaurant that has Mr. Biggs on its sign board, thinking it's Mr. Biggs. Na franchise stuff. Well, I was hungry so I waggled my way in. I requested for friedrice, they gave me popo garri rice and when I requested for chicken, I was served native fowl with hard bones. The cutlery were nothing to write about. The fork was so bent as if it's what they depicts on postal as the devil's fork. The knife so blunt that you'd need to apply extra force with your muscles aching to tear before you could get a pound of flesh. I got up without saying a word. Pay them their money and ran away.
embarassed cool

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by ProfAmaben(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
vickydevoka:

Which mudu
Na Jos mudu or maiduguri mudu be 800.

The normal round white mudu, didn't know there is a variation of mudu. A mudu of local rice was sold for 800 naira yesterday.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
ProfAmaben:

The normal round white mudu, didn't know there is a variation of mudu. A mudu of local rice was sold for 800 naira yesterday.
what is a mudu?
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
They will change
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
Don't mind the naysayers.
Nigerians are good business people and we understand our own terrain well. If only the average Nigerian worker could be more dedicated and honest angry

Correcto:
Since the loss of MRBiggs, do you know how many eatery has been established?
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by 1759ademola(m): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
I know for a long time that Nigerians cannot benefit from anything managed or produced by Nigerians.
Look at Rice, fuel, and even cement.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Litmus: 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
Correcto:
Since the loss of MRBiggs, do you know how many eatery has been established?

No mind them. The image they want to paint of Nigeria to the World is not matched by reality on the ground. Brainwashing works for a time but reality prevails in the end.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Some one should summarize this I like the part of property development guy
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by leaculpa: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
Power couple. He is a property developer but his wife is already into retail. She owns the franchise's of Puma, Hugo boss & lacoste in Nigeria.

I wish them good luck with the purchase. Hopefully they retain the company's management.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by ashawopikin(m): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
I go miss their bread
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by lastempero: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
LegendHero:
They should make sure the Nigerian bidder win it. It will be better for Shoprite.

Tayo Amusan Persianas group are big players. They own:
—Palms Lagos
—Palms Lekki
—Palms Polo Park, Enugu
—Palms Ibadan
—Palms Ilorin

So they should have the bandwidth to manage Shoprite if need be.

Shoprite will retain their management n brand so they want use the man as a labourer.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by CodeTemplar: 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
ProfAmaben:

And how much did it cost before.
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by omohayek: 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2020
All I see here is corporate spin, designed to disguise the reality that the initial story was correct: ShopRite has decided that the Nigerian market simply isn't worth the trouble, and is taking steps to withdraw within the next year. They've tried to wrap it up in the usual meaningless "patriotic" guff that Nigerians have such a weakness for, but the harsh truth here is that this represents a divestment of one of the few substantial foreign investments in Nigeria outside the oil sector.

That the withdrawal is meant to take the form of a divestment of shares rather than the physical closing of stores doesn't change the reality: companies that are successful in a market and bent on cultivating it will wish to buy out other shareholders rather than sell off their own majority stake. This sort of capital flight is no more beneficial to the Nigerian economy than was Gowon's chasing away of FDI in the 1970s, or the collapse of the likes of Bata and Leventis in the 1980s.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by ProfAmaben(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
CodeTemplar:
And how much did it cost before.
300 for local, 600 for foreign rice (2019)

800 for local, foreign (Banned) (2020)
Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by ProfAmaben(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
what is a mudu?

There you go.

Re: Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring by akigbemaru: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2020
sylve11:

embarassed cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Online Forex Trading Is A Fraud. My Findings / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / Which Bank Mobile App Has The Best User Interface In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.