Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated (16443 Views)

Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ / Yul Edochie: Nnamdi Kanu Is A Hero Grossly Misunderstood / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Goddys(m): 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
This SAN is talking rubbish. Election conducted real time and monitored online. I received not less than seven calls from Olumide supporters to vote for him.

He didn't do his homework and now lamenting after he lost. The era of SAN taking the position of NBA president by privilege is now far gone

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Freshfish4: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by PiggyvestMoney: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
The young lawyers were disappointed with you guys, try harder next time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by chatinent: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
Yawns.
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Dchampion65: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
The so call learned gentlemen can not conduct ordinary association election but they can blow grammar on INEC.

Approach court of law.
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Agbgift(f): 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Adesina never called me to campaign. Olumide Akpata called several times and sent enough messages to my phone. Olumide has the interest of young lawyers at heart. He exhibited it and that won my heart to vote for him. So oga adesina relax.

7 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Agbgift(f): 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
thunder74:
He is a loser. I voted in the election, I monitored the election results real-time online. The winner won with over half of the other contestants votes. (9k, (4k and 3k).
The real problem is that the junior lawyers voted against the SANs to install non San as the President of the Bar.

(the result is attached below)
You dey mind am. Election we all saw and monitored online. They think NBA president is strictly for SANs.

6 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Bimpe29: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Has it always been free, fair and transparent?
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by poiunt: 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
The loser must always complain
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by bola4dprec(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
Agbgift:
Adesina never called me to campaign. Olumide Akpata called several times and sent enough messages to my phone. Olumide has the interest of young lawyers at heart. He exhibited it and that won my heart to vote for him. So oga adesina relax.
hello
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Agbgift(f): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
bola4dprec:
hello
Hi
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by busomma: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
This is comical. Even election for the so called learned members of our country was rigged.
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by DTaj: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
The incumbent NBA President, Usoro SAN, was allegedly rigged into office too. I remember the loud protests that greeted his election in 2018, allegedly on the bases of padding of votes, intimidation, fraud, etc. The same incumbent NBA President, Usoro, is in court, being prosecuted by EFCC for receiving N4 billion so-called "legal fees" directly from the accounts of Akwa Ibom State Government!!!

The NBA, like most hitherto respected associations, such as NANS, has gone to the dogs regarding corruption largely due to the huge perks of office in those positions!

Only other professional bodies, eg ICAN, CITN, CIBN, NSE (of engineers) with a clear, hierarchical style of assumption of their Presidency, are free from outright corruption regarding succession...These are models for election in professional bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by otokx(m): 11:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
No doubt there were hitches but the majority appear to have had their way.
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by AthosEsq: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
helinues:
Nigeria Basketball Association

Imagine Lawyers rigging their own election. Who is going to interpret the law now

Oh my Nigeria.. ;Di cheesy

I'm a lawyer and I voted in that election.
Adesina or DASAN as we call him, is only being a sore loser.
He didn't even come second... He came last.
Even if they conduct that election 20 times, Olumide Akpata will win.
We young lawyers and tired of these old men destroying the profession in the name of unfounded traditions.
None of the SANs can stand Olumide who God and the young lawyers have backed.
Let him go to court... We're waiting there.

7 Likes

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by AthosEsq: 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
busomma:
This is comical. Even election for the so called learned members of our country was rigged.

The elections were not rigged.
He's just a sore loser.
We participated and monitored the election in real time.

1 Like

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Hunchogee: 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
DTaj:
The incumbent NBA President, Usoro SAN, was allegedly rigged into office too. I remember the loud protests that greeted his election in 2018, allegedly on the bases of padding of votes, intimidation, fraud, etc. The same incumbent NBA President, Usoro, is in court, being prosecuted by EFCC for receiving N4 billion so-called "legal fees" directly from the accounts of Akwa Ibom State Government!!!

The NBA, like most hitherto respected associations, such as NANS, has gone to the dogs regarding corruption largely due to the huge perks of office in those positions!

Only other professional bodies, eg ICAN, CITN, CIBN, NSE (of engineers) with a clear, hierarchical style of assumption of their Presidency, are free from outright corruption regarding succession...These are models for election in professional bodies.
If the thing no favour south west na rigging.. Make olato fire that your senseless tribal baised brain..

Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 04, 2020
YoungLionken:
Tell me one section in the country that is corruption free, just one...
Sigh undecided
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by NaMe4: 12:14am On Aug 04, 2020
I learnt the election was done electronically and was transparent.
It was being monitored in real time as members voted.
So what is this one talking about?
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:55am On Aug 04, 2020
When are we as a nation going to get elections process right?
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by bumi10(m): 4:06am On Aug 04, 2020
Halfamilli:
If possible, oxygen distribution would have been manipulated in this country of ours.

Is a useless country my brother
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Rachaelgold(f): 5:18am On Aug 04, 2020
E dey pain you ooo���, election that was monitored very well online. The young lawyers really rallied for Olumide akpata coz it showed that they are really tired and they needed a new wave of leadership. Just take your L sir�. Congratulations to Olumide akpata. May God grant you the wisdom to lead. Amen
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by 27Pushing30: 6:18am On Aug 04, 2020
A man has raised some dusts citing voter list tampering and rather than investigate it the nba isn’t and the people commenting here just typing like school children

What exactly is wrong with the black man sef shey na curse
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:53am On Aug 04, 2020
adesina should go and SIT DOWN !!!..the election was between SANs and a Non SAN....the junior lawyers being in majority in NBA voted massively for their Akpata and he won

NBA presidency isn't for SANs alone
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Yus2020: 9:38am On Aug 04, 2020
Lawyers and fraud are 5&6
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by nairavsdollars(f): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2020
SAN title is rubbish..mostly obtained through connection and money
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by DTaj: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

If the thing no favour south west na rigging.. Make olato fire that your senseless tribal baised brain..

Hunchogee, I pity you. May God save your soul. Amen.

I actually supported Olumide Akpata, an accomplished Edo boy, someone I've known for at least 15 years, a few years after he started Templars. My post didn't say anything about Olu's election, rather, it was about the usual cantankerous NBA elections and Usoro's court issue (details are in the public domain, not a secret); so, I wonder how tribalism got into your vacuous, hate-filled skull...

The anonymity of Nairaland (read "social media" ) meant that people like you post stuff so ignorantly! Daft!
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by payloader(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2020
See pot dey call kettle black. Una nuh dey shame for APC to talk this kain nonsense and ingredients. What happened to 2019 presidential election when una openly rob nigerians, taking days to call results that should have been called in less than a day? Na thunder wey get big muscles dey wait una after tenure expiration.
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by KOE1(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2020
If Lawyers Lied on Results...Doctors will Doctored Results...Politicians will Play on Us...Professors will Pondeirs Us...God will Give Grace to Us
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by Nana44: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2020
I voted for a non San, Desan you better go and congratulate Apata.
Re: Dele Adesina: NBA Presidential Election Was Grossly Manipulated by HRMK: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2020
HAHAHA...A MAN IN THIRD POSITION COMPLAINING ABT HIS DEFEAT IN NBA ELECTION!HOW CAN A MAN BE SO SHAMELESS!IS TOTAL VOTES CAST MORE THAN WAS REGISTERED?NAWA!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

243 Retiring Soldiers Must Submit Arms, Others – Army / Photos: Rivers APC Holds Peaceful Presidential Primaries Across 319 Wards / World Sickle Cell Day: Peter Obi, Maduka Commiserate With Victims (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.