Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) (31653 Views)

501 New COVID-19 Cases, 210 Discharged And 8 Deaths On June 13 -(2460 Tested) / 284 New COVID-19 Cases, 106 Discharged And 8 Deaths On May 20 - (1812 Tested) / 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 1240 Tested, 140 Discharged And 3 Deaths On May 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Phemact1: 3:45am On Aug 04, 2020
Thank God the number is reducing every blessed day.
First to comment.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 04, 2020
Cooldude68:
The testing is flawed, the more you test, the more fake cases you will find!
How can you say a virus is so deadly and you have to get tested before you know you carry it?
And remember...car oil, goat, pawpaw all tested positive in Tanzania for covid.

If I'm getting u right. Are u trying to say there is no coronavirus in Nigeria? Or is the whole world lying? So the virus is in every country of the world apart from Nigeria even with our 200 million population and overcrowding. And just because someone does not show symptoms doesn't mean they don't carry it.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by wingmanIII: 4:24am On Aug 04, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

The govt will do anything with your intelligence because they know in this part of the world,

Majority of the population don't use it..

I need one of those ncdc staff doing make believe on this platform to explain to us how the cases have continued to reduce all of a sudden even without people observing the guidelines..

ConfirmedZombie
Pls start first

According to some Italian doctors and researchers, the virus weakens with time in a given population. Maybe this could be the case. Just maybe. I pray it is

2 Likes

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Aylife1983: 4:25am On Aug 04, 2020
God bless Nigerian government and our medical doctors
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by MalaikaEH(f): 4:27am On Aug 04, 2020
How many people were tested for us to have this result?

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Benwallt(m): 4:45am On Aug 04, 2020
MrBanner:
We're almost at the end of this voyage.

288 is the lowest it's been for quite a while now. Alhamdulillah..
New staggering numbers will be shunned out next week pinned to students resumption. They know what they are doing. Make the number low this week n jack ITT up next week.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by martic1: 4:52am On Aug 04, 2020
We are pleased to introduce to you Maticline Industries Nigeria Limited with a wide range of world-renowned liquid processing and packaging plant, recipes for various types of flavored beverages, carbonated soft drinks and industry relevant consultancy services.
We provide a unique range of customized products to suit customer’s diverse needs such as establishing new liquid processing and packaging factory, supply of various machines and equipments e.g. Bottle Blow Molding Machines, Pet Air Compressors of various air pressures producing capacity, chillers, heat exchangers, boilers, conveyors etc.
Our experience in successful machineries supplies, installations and partnership with various firms in the food and liquid packaging and processing industry means that we understand the Challenges you face in your business, and deliver products and services to aid your company in reaching your objectives.
Call or e-mail to schedule a meeting with us today!

Maticline Industries Nigeria Limited | 09083682075 | Ak.Amidu@maticline.com |
|Liquid processing and packaging industry relevant consultancy | Supply of various machineries and equipments | Servicing, Maintenance | Branding |Flexible manufacturing systems for customized solutions |

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by sameks08(m): 5:09am On Aug 04, 2020
odiegwu
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 04, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

The govt will do anything with your intelligence because they know in this part of the world,

I need one of those ncdc staff doing make believe on this platform to explain to us how the cases have continued to reduce all of a sudden even without people observing the guidelines..

ConfirmedZombie
Pls start first
Egungun be careful o, if your close family member was affected like those prominent people would you still say it is a comedy show? Is there any country not affected by covid? Why do you think our own NCDC would just be making things up? Or are we alliens?
Anyway as per your concern its called "herd immunity", it is something like when most of us come in contact with an amount of the virus too little or weak to cause sickness but enough to make us develop some natural resistance. It happens all over the world. And besides that covid isnt so severe in places where malaria is rampant like india, nigeria compared to europe and america, God knows why.
Covid isnt even half as deadly as the spanish flu virus of around 1920 but our fathers survived it without facemasks and all that.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by divineuk(m): 5:53am On Aug 04, 2020
Haha corona is gone

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by JordanMichael(m): 6:01am On Aug 04, 2020
Game of throne grin
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Joefat: 6:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Let them keep fooling us. Like say there's coronavirus before..

The cases suddenly dropping.. even when they've not carried out 5% of the population of this country.

We will be force to get sense..

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by eki2000(m): 6:15am On Aug 04, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
This figures are not true. This is just a ploy to make the FG lift all restrictions and never impose another lockdown.

I condemn it, i condemn it, i condemn it.

We need at least a Four weeks total lockdown to enable us defeat this virus.

I call on the FG to listen to my advice now and enforce a total lockdown to avoid more cases.

The sallah break is not favourable to us.
Are you high on something?

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by onyxo76(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
This figures are not true. This is just a ploy to make the FG lift all restrictions and never impose another lockdown.

I call on the FG to listen to my advice now and enforce a total lockdown to avoid more cases.

I'm beginning to doubt if you're okay, 2days ago you were shouting all over that we have defeated the virus,that cases are going down and everything reopened, today the figures are even lower and you are not happy about it requesting for lockdown...maybe you need to see a psychiatrist because i can't seem to understand your problem or maybe the insults you get on this thread gives you orgasms.

3 Likes

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by WibusJaga: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

You are a confirmed walking corpse. You have no business with the living.

2 Likes

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by OnyeOgboni: 6:35am On Aug 04, 2020
Bros..u sabi book.Abeg help me ask dem o..without social distancing numbers keep going down.
PapaNnamdi:

ConfirmedZombie
Pls start first
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2020
Fruitydemola:

The Minister said its becos they are on break oooooooooo dat dy are testing less numbers dat y d figures are low. Dnt be surprised if u see 6 somtin soon
Oga the minister never said this, moreover, the number of cases did not start going down during the break, this is the 6th day we are having lesser cases.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by reservd(m): 6:54am On Aug 04, 2020
I guess these guys have been told to wind down so that students can resume in September

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Just2endowed2(m): 6:55am On Aug 04, 2020
MrBanner:
We're almost at the end of this voyage.

288 is the lowest it's been for quite a while now. Alhamdulillah..

When we dont do test. Brazil alone did ten of million of test,and they have same pollution with Nigeria.

We haven't carried out a million test yet.

Dominique I beg, is it possible for my account to be ban in technology section for 37 years? What offence did I commit? I have mail mods but he didn't want to lift it. If you can help me out,, please
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Sicilyjoe: 6:55am On Aug 04, 2020
Those selling faces held mask for 2k how far ?
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Roon9(m): 6:58am On Aug 04, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

Sarcasm grin

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by ashieduplus(m): 7:00am On Aug 04, 2020
greenhulk:

Its risky sister, very risky. See what happened in South Africa, they are now number 5 in the world with over 500k cases. Their cases took a significant surge after they opened schools and now they are closing schools again. Its not like this thing is only happening in Nigeria, its allover the world. 60% of countries still have schools closed, even the ones that have re opened closed again, e.g China with all their resources to ensure social distancing in schools, yet some schools closed again in June and July doe to surge of new cases, mind u China is almost free of the virus. A lot of countries in Asia who have successfully beaten the virus have opened schools but with strict measures and social distancing. I don't think Nigeria is ready to re open schools fully.

This is a highly ignorant take. Correlation is not causation!

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Sirdestiny8lies(m): 7:03am On Aug 04, 2020
References:
https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1290415085597405186?s=19

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/

OSUN STATE CORANA VIRUS IS AUDIO,AFTER ALL THE STATE HAS NO GOVERNOR.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by MarcC: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2020
greenhulk:

Its risky sister, very risky. See what happened in South Africa, they are now number 5 in the world with over 500k cases. Their cases took a significant surge after they opened schools and now they are closing schools again. Its not like this thing is only happening in Nigeria, its allover the world. 60% of countries still have schools closed, even the ones that have re opened closed again, e.g China with all their resources to ensure social distancing in schools, yet some schools closed again in June and July doe to surge of new cases, mind u China is almost free of the virus. A lot of countries in Asia who have successfully beaten the virus have opened schools but with strict measures and social distancing. I don't think Nigeria is ready to re open schools fully.

When I see comments like this,it only proves how myopic the person reasoning is ...pls tell me, what is the difference btw the exposure they have now that they aren't in school and when they are in school? U say the kids are at home, pls go and in the streets are kids not everywhere? Students are hustling, so wat aren't they exposed to these period school isn't in session ? So b4 u talk, reason .. Even the younger ones have their parents going out to work and coming back,aren't the kids exposed then ?
There isn't any difference in exposure now and when they resume ...

2 Likes

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Vikalinda(m): 7:25am On Aug 04, 2020
Joefat:
Let them keep fooling us. Like say there's coronavirus before..

The cases suddenly dropping.. even when they've not carried out 5% of the population of this country.

We will be force to get sense..
Do you Know that the number of cases of coronavirus reported in Nigeria is a Fringe of the actual cases, this is because our testing capacity is too slow when compared to the rate at which the virus transmits, for example when more than 80% of Bonny population where complaining of lost of sense of taste and smell how many of them were tested for Covid-19? it means that many Nigerians have had the disease and had developed natural Immunity to the virus even without knowledge.
but we still need to be very vigilant as we cannot tell for sure reasons why Africans are not severely affected as EUR and US.

1 Like

Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Be78: 7:27am On Aug 04, 2020
rawpadgin:
shocked Do u want them to vex & increase it tomorrow in an effort to cover their fraud

NCDC, abeg nor mind this guy.....he was joking grin

it's funny how this country operate! understand the political nature of Nigeria and nothing will surprise you!
within this week or next week the figure will increase drastically like for 2days and after that, we will wake up with zero or few new case and maybe a thousand discharged
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by gbagyiza: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2020
Sammiel:
Nigerians don't give a damn about COVID-19 anymore. Gone are the days when these figures were a thing of concern. These days many only glance through the stats and move on with their daily lives. I myself I don't follow the news any longer.
In a saner clime, government-sponsored researchers will be actively measuring, evaluating, and interpreting the people's current perception of the virus as they have it in the USA, Canada, UK, and others. Such efforts could have provided the necessary guidance to our policy and decision-makers in their quest to tame the invisible monster. But the reverse is the case here. Billions of naira meant for such a purpose are being allocated into private purses of the few privileged individuals. And you expect things to ever get better in this part of the world?

You r good with words. You r a good writer I most confess.
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by chukasson(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

ConfirmedZombie
Pls start first
lolzzzz......suddenly case has started reducing. right from time, it has been wayo
Re: 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 355 Discharged And 8 Deaths On August 3 - (1601 Tested) by Sammiel: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2020
gbagyiza:

You r good with words. You r a good writer I most confess.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Genital Warts / Mad Man In Calabar Parking Refuse Off Major Road / Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.