Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) (6639 Views)

How To Make Your LCD Display More Vibrant Almost Like The Amoled (no Root) / Which Xiaomi Phone Can I Get That Has AMOLED Display / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2020
Do you use an LCD screen and desire to have the amoled look? Well, look no further cause I have here a sure step of how to make your LCD's display look just like the amoled just like I did on my ZTE Blade L3. But you're gonna have some requirements to achieve this.

Requirements
A rooted android phone (if your phone isn't rooted. This can't be possible cool)
Colour changer pro (this is the app that makes it happen)

Now moving to business...
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 04, 2020
As you can see, I have the color changer app installed. It is the eighth app in the picture. You can find this app on play store. It is very effective and sweet

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 04, 2020
Launching the app, we have this. I've enabled it root access.

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2020
Now back to the app (clears throat). Click on that gear icon above in the right. You would see two options (settings and gamma). Click on gamma and would arrive at the image in the second picture. It is usually off so activate it by clicking on on the left. Then adjust that line beside it to the extreme right. Then click on "set and reboot".

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by 2Ways(m): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2020
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 04, 2020
After your phone reboots, head back to the app and click on normal. It would immediately take effect by changing your phone's display to amoled in seconds. If you want it to take effect automatically whenever you switch on your phone, just click on the gear icon again, then settings, then activate on boot and trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed.

1 Share

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 04, 2020
That's it my people. Thanks for viewing. If you actually try this out, feel free to chat with me on your progress. Once again, thanks for viewing. Please I would appreciate your views on this.

Lalasticlala this might be beneficial to some peeps.

3 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by masterfactor(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2020
is it possible to change phone with MTK socs to Snapdragon socs??

9 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by KrazyDave16(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2020
masterfactor:
Dunno about MTK to SD swap but swapping is possible.
Before anybody come and crucify me, they do this in China. They're called hardware-modded devices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by KrazyDave16(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2020
All this for AMOLED... smh

Check with vendors if your device got an AMOLED digitizer instead. This'll only shorten your screen life span.

1 Like

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by masterfactor(m): 8:41am On Aug 04, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Dunno about MTK to SD swap but swapping is possible.
Before anybody come and crucify me, they do this in China. They're called hardware-modded devices.
Learnt something new today
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2020
KrazyDave16:
All this for AMOLED... smh

Check with vendors if your device got an AMOLED digitizer instead. This'll[b][/b]only shorten your screen life span.
[color=#990000][/color]No it won't
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2020
masterfactor:
That would be like changing a dog to a lion

13 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by KrazyDave16(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2020
masterfactor:

Learnt something new today
Add this to your knowledge - you can do this on taobao. Either buy a modded device or send yours to them for modding.

Also they can mod RAM and ROM too (say 4GB to 16GB and 64GB to 1TB respectively)

1 Like

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by KrazyDave16(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2020
trueguy573:

[color=#990000][/color]No it won't
Unless its changing the color profile or increasing the range which is bad given the screen has been calibrated already... Me will rather buy an AMOLED digitizer than play around with this.

3 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by masterfactor(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2020
trueguy573:

That would be like changing a dog to a lion
That is what I want the Op to realize, if you need amoled or LCD display, buy phones that come with that, instead of wasting time with gimmick software
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by masterfactor(m): 9:10am On Aug 04, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Add this to your knowledge - you can do this on taobao. Either buy a modded device or send yours to them for modding.

Also they can mod RAM and ROM too (say 4GB to 16GB and 64GB to 1TB respectively)
Thanks for the info

3 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2020
masterfactor:

That is what I want the Op to realize, if you need amoled or LCD display, but phones that come with that, instead of wasting time with gimmick software
Bro, I'm the op. Check the moniker. Well, I don't appreciate your comment. You don't know the phone I used last or the phone I'm intending to buy. Chill, I just love to play with my devices. I just love my phones looking classic and some people might need this knowledge. Am I wrong for sharing it? Wasting time? Really? We know what we love and we create time for what we love. This isn't time wastage to me. It is tech hunger gratification. You haven't seen tech life from my point of view so you wouldn't understand. Don't worry, when I get my intended phone which is like a month from now, given my memory, I would requote you with the screenshot of its phone info. For now, just chill.

5 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2020
No difference
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
iLUCID:
No difference
Screenshots doesn't show amoled quality. It is a feature that doesn't show on screenshots but I assure my screen is purely amoled now. You would get a first-hand understanding if you try it out yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Till your phone develop one mad fault that will cost almost as much as you bought the phone to fix. Root ko, plant ni. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
Chii59:
Till your phone develop one mad fault that will cost almost as much as you bought the phone to fix. Root ko, plant ni. undecided
These are the words of a tech ignoramus. I've rooted a series of my phones and no engineer had ever touched them neither did one "mad fault" occur so unless you've something positive to share, the door is open. Thanks for nothing.

1 Like

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
trueguy573:

These are the words of a tech ignoramus. I've rooted a series of my phones and no engineer had ever touched them neither did one "mad fault" occur so unless you've something positive to share, the door is open. Thanks for nothing.
Yawns. Tech ignoramus... Long yawn undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by khingTony(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
No be only AMOLED cheesy

You no go like teach us how to change MTK helio A22 to Snapdragon 865+?

5 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
Chii59:

Yawns. Tech ignoramus... Long yawn undecided
Wetin person no go see for nairaland? Just say you don't know how to root your phone to get these benefits. Don't be a hater
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
khingTony:
No be only AMOLED cheesy

You no go like teach us how to change MTK helio A22 to Snapdragon 865+?
Yes but the oracle has asked you to send airtime to this number 09011485695 to get the information. Don't think, just do it. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Harddiskng(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
trueguy573:

Screenshots doesn't show amoled quality. It is a feature that doesn't show on screenshots but I assure my screen is purely amoled now. You would get a first-hand understanding if you try it out yourself.

OP you literally trying to change a cat into a tiger, you know what is called “Screen burn-in” grin

Enjoy the experience but I would advise you to start budgeting for a new screen.

2 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Harddiskng:

OP you literally trying to change a cat into a tiger, you know what is called “Screen burn-in” grin

Enjoy the experience but I would advise you to start budgeting for a new screen.

I'm quite informed about burn in and its causes. I intend to buy a new phone in a month's time and it definitely wouldn't be amoled. Just wanted to have a taste of amoled for a while. Burn in is inevitable for all screens just that oled burn in is quicker. Thanks for the heads up though.
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by sofiscatedmoron: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Collinz2(m): 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
trueguy573:

Am still wondering who told those idiots that rooting makes ones phone develop fault.

4 Likes

Re: How To Change A LCD Screen To Amoled.(pictures Included) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Collinz2:
Am still wondering who told those idiots that rooting makes ones phone develop fault.
As in, I can't really put my finger on what fuels their hate. If it isn't jealousy then it is plain stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Data Price Slash / Infinix Smart Vs Tecno Spark K7 Vs Itel P51 Users. / Elon Musk & His New Tesla Phone, A New World Package For 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.