Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

$500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China (24045 Views)

World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA / See The NTA That Lai Mohammed Wanted To Refurbish With $500m Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by bskyb(m): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
festacman:
Your leaders wasted your wealth, leaving you without basic infrastructure.

China was ready to lend you money to treat the F*ck up of your leaders but made sure that your leaders won't do to their money what they did to your money.

Yet some Nigerian are yarning opata. The funny thing is that even young Nigerians are not bothered that Nigeria in 2020 has no functional train transportation routes. Yet, when time the for election comes, they will get Atikulated or Sarakified.

Look, if China gives any country money to build a facility and then it fails to repay, it is only natural that they will take over the facility like our own AMCON does and run to recover their money and interest. At least, the facility is in the country, providing jobs. There is price to be paid for stupid visionless leadership.

The matter don tire me.
We complained that our politicians steal the money; they devised a way to cut them off by having the Chinese govt deliver the project directly.
Despite this, we still complain.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by Cyrealmusic(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
"I mean no harm" that is what the lizard said to the crockroach before it swallowed it.

2 Likes

Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by desunit(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Nigeria will crush China in seven days
cheesy grin grin
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by seunayantokun(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
The loan is a trap set by a hunter and you expect them to tell you the truth about it? A BORROWER IS ALWAYS A SERVANT TO THE LENDER, SAYS THE BIBLE.

1 Like

Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by truthstands01: 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
Guestlander:

China has a policy of not interfering in the internal affairs of other countries. It has been their policy for a very long time.
The western countries that exploited Africa for 500 years only built infrastructure they needed to steal from Africa and nothing else.
If you believe China, then you must be most pitied amongst men.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by RTSC: 11:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
To be honest, there is an advantage to this borrowing.

It Means the infrastructure is already there and we would just be paying for it with our revenue which is normal and is what should be done in the first place anyway.

It's better than one man embezzling our full revenues without building anything just because we don't want to borrow.

I can overlook the interests China gets if it means bypassing corrupt Nigerians who are ready to eat without remnants.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by RTSC: 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
Guestlander:

China has a policy of not interfering in the internal affairs of other countries. It has been their policy for a very long time.
The western countries that exploited Africa for 500 years only built infrastructure they needed to steal from Africa and nothing else.
China has taken over the assets of Sri Lanka.

They are expanding against India and Taiwan.

Japan and Australia Cannot sleep because China is trying to push towards their territory everyday.

They have taken over Hongkong by force.

And you think China will respect Africa?

Lol.

Just pay your debts sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by gaskiyamagana: 11:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
Saao:
Pure lies. What about Zambia, is Zambia not African countries? Currently they took over Zambia national broadcasting corporations and in the verge of taking over Zambia power agency and other infrastructures. Don't trust China and Nigeria politicians. Thank God for the house of rep member that raise the alarm.
Nigeria Railway Corporations will be the first to be taken over before any other one. I pity you people in Nigeria.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by King44(m): 1:15am On Aug 05, 2020
GODSENT253:
Liessss
If they have plans to take over,you wont expect them to tell the masses,it will be between them and those potbelly dumbasses we have as leaders

Ps- you no go like check my signature
He quoted their president's speech of 2018 and in 2020 check what is happening in Zambia and other African countries.

Lies lies lies

It is better to believe devil than believing China

It is better we borrow from west and default than borrow from Chinco and default. The gvt that is responsible for this mess won't be there to clean it up tomorrow.

Don't borrow what you can pay back because Chinese gvt is like devil you ask him for fruit if the womb, when he is ready to collect his due he would collect a full grown child in return.

Those idiots who are saying nothing would happen are useless coconut headed blind bats, they would not listen.

Go to YouTube search for Wodemaya Chinese taking over Zambia and see how they interfered with Zambia internal affairs.

I was shocked but I was not completely shocked because even in Nigeria they lock their workers up like slaves and silence them.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by BigBashiru: 3:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Warmaterial:
Recolonization is what am praying for

Sane here oh. In 4 years of Chinese government there's already railway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by BigBashiru: 3:57am On Aug 05, 2020
King44:
He quoted their president's speech of 2018 and in 2020 check what is happening in Zambia and other African countries.

Lies lies lies

It is better to believe devil than believing China

It is better we borrow from west and default than borrow from Chinco and default. The gvt that is responsible for this mess won't be there to clean it up tomorrow.

Don't borrow what you can pay back because Chinese gvt is like devil you ask him for fruit if the womb, when he is ready to collect his due he would collect a full grown child in return.

Those idiots who are saying nothing would happen are useless coconut headed blind bats, they would not listen.

Go to YouTube search for Wodemaya Chinese taking over Zambia and see how they interfered with Zambia internal affairs.

I was shocked but I was not completely shocked because even in Nigeria they lock their workers up like slaves and silence them.

Then let the Africans respect themselves and develop their continent themselves and stop being passed from one colonial master to another. Africa was first colonized by Europe and now by China. After China hopefully uae will colonize Africa too
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by Commonsense99: 4:42am On Aug 05, 2020
grin

But they took over the investments they financed in the sovereign state of Sri Lanka, even seized some other assets that they didn't construct for 99 yrs,took over some major national investments in Zambia, and presently are stamping their authority in South Africa by having their own police station, etc. gringrin
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by King44(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2020
BigBashiru:

Then let the Africans respect themselves and develop their continent themselves and stop being passed from one colonial master to another. Africa was first colonized by Europe and now by China. After China hopefully uae will colonize Africa too
You would have to direct this to the coconut headed federal government or organs of government in Africa not me. There is nothing I can do.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by King44(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2020
RTSC:
To be honest, there is an advantage to this borrowing.

It Means the infrastructure is already there and we would just be paying for it with our revenue which is normal and is what should be done in the first place anyway.

It's better than one man embezzling our full revenues without building anything just because we don't want to borrow.

I can overlook the interests China gets if it means bypassing corrupt Nigerians who are ready to eat without remnants.
I would have overlooked it as well... For same reason but those Chincos feels they are superior to Africans, they don't see you as their equal pure racists. I can't let such people enslave me in my own country problem go dey.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by BigBashiru: 9:04am On Aug 05, 2020
King44:
I would have overlooked it as well... For same reason but those Chincos feels they are superior to Africans, they don't see you as their equal pure racists. I can't let such people enslave me in my own country problem go dey.

Why won't they feel superior to you when you have contracted them to build railway for you. Notice the Chinese firm given the contract aren't looting contract funds up and down. Do Nigerians even know how to build a railway? That's why they feel superior
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2020
festacman:

China was ready to lend you money to treat the F*ck up of your leaders but made sure that your leaders won't do to their money what they did to your money.

Yet some Nigerian are yarning opata. The funny thing is that even young Nigerians are not bothered that Nigeria in 2020 has no functional train transportation routes. Yet, when time the for election comes, they will get Atikulated or Sarakified.

Look, if China gives any country money to build a facility and then it fails to repay, it is only natural that they will take over the facility like our own AMCON does and run to recover their money and interest. At least, the facility is in the country, providing jobs. There is price to be paid for stupid visionless leadership.

True talk there but that is only a tiny part of the story for the masses ONE BELT ONE ROAD (OBOR) otherwise known as the Belt and Road Initiatives is a strategic globalization initiative burned into the constitution of the China Communist Party. i would go into detail if it were a research/discussion forum but the short angle of it is that CHINA will expressly seek acquisition or control of the member-state's strategic assets be it political or economic. it is not a hidden agenda.. it is a national imperative.

Africa has made it a lot easier to fall into a position of unsustainable debt-servicing - till date there has not been an African nation that is in a debt deficit, that has fulfilled her obligations without a waiver - unfortunately, Africa's corrupt political leadership is the bane of it
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by festacman(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

True talk there but that is only a tiny part of the story for the masses ONE BELT ONE ROAD (OBOR) otherwise known as the Belt and Road Initiatives is a strategic globalization initiative burned into the constitution of the China Communist Party. i would go into detail if it were a research/discussion forum but the short angle of it is that CHINA will expressly seek acquisition or control of the member-state's strategic assets be it political or economic. it is not a hidden agenda.. it is a national imperative.

Africa has made it a lot easier to fall into a position of unsustainable debt-servicing - till date there has not been an African nation that is in a debt deficit, that has fulfilled her obligations without a waiver - unfortunately, Africa's corrupt political leadership is the bane of it

ONE BELT ONE ROAD is strategic initiative to increase global economic, political and diplomatic influence of China by partnering with developing countries. China is too isolated and without former colonies or language affinity advantages like EU and US. So, they developed their own plan. But no country is forced to partake but help is available. If our leaders managed our resources well like China, Nigeria is supposed to have its own initiative at least covering Africa. But ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by King44(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
BigBashiru:

Why won't they feel superior to you when you have contracted them to build railway for you. Notice the Chinese firm given the contract aren't looting contract funds up and down. Do Nigerians even know how to build a railway? That's why they feel superior
All these ideas of infrastructure was not brought from heaven, and I am sure Nigerians are not dull.

Would the govt give people the chance to do these things? They won't, they won't even try especially when there is no kick backs from the contractors.

They prefer to still from the excess or loot everything for their own selfish gain and borrow for what we all would enjoy thereby, making us vulnerable to all future problems.
Re: $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China by chrisblack: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
festacman:

May God bless you. We have many senseless and shameless youths on this forum.
Please join me in praying for the reformatting and re compartmentalisation of their reasoning faculties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram: N2.2bn Spent On Prayers In Nigeria & Saudi Arabia - EFCC / Buratai, Other Ex-Service Chiefs In Senate For Ambassadorial Screening / FG Outlines Firms For Sale, Concession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.