Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 (55040 Views)

Uk Used Hp Probook 6450b - 8gb Ram, Core I5 At 82k Only *sold / UK Used HP 6450B - 8GB RAM, Core i5 At 80k / My Regrets For Buying A London Used Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by captaininiobong(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Damn

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
sotall:
Playing GTA V with Probook 6450b and expecting to play smoothly tells much about you .

The difference of 4gb ram and 3gb ram is making you think you are tech-savvy whereas you bd olodo.

Look,
There is no need for name calling, alright?

It really does run! Albeit at minimum settings and some game file tweaks
I said at minimum settings and game file tweaks we found on YouTube, aren't Nairalanders meant to be calm, damn
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Adewale1603(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hope you are not running on a 32bit windows Os, cos it won't be able to use the whole 4gb ram. And even 64bit windows won't use the whole 4gb but 3. Something gb.
And those Hp probook models have a wide range of optional configurations and select notebooks. So your hp might be very much different from that of your friend. Your friend might be lucky to get one of the best
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
jaxxy:
Alfa and Ram for ur laptop? U got jokes. undecided
Lol
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
I am surprised this got to the FrontPage ...go buy an extra RAM 4G or 8G there is a space for extra or you check you open your window task manager to see which app is feeding large on your memory...You carry asoebi culture enter laptop purchase.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Adewale1603:
Hope you are not running on a 32bit windows Os, cos it won't be able to use the whole 4gb ram. And even 64bit windows won't use the whole 4gb but 3. Something gb.
And those Hp probook models have a wide range of optional configurations and select notebooks. So your hp might be very much different from that of your friend. Your friend might be lucky to get one of the best
It is a 64bit OS, I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade the RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
uruba23:
I am surprised this got to the FrontPage ...go buy an extra RAM 4G or 8G or you check you open your window task manager to see which app is feeding large on your memory...You carry asoebi culture enter laptop purchase.
I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade the RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by joe120120(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:
Nairalanders, Please I Need Advice

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?

Go there now and ask him to replace urs to 4gb ram or u better buy new ram of 4 or 8 gb ram .good luck
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade the RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow
Okay then how much is it now...
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Iamsane: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Digitiminimi:
Must you mention Alfa?? tongue

Because they are the one that should be on the wrong end of a bad deal.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
flex04:

I doubt the RAM per capacity is the problem... mind you no single RAM come as 3GB

sometimes the system will project 3 point sometin as running Memory

is either you don buy dub or the system have been overused grin
It isn't a single RAM card, it was meant to be 2+2(there are two ram slots) but in the other one it was a 1gb card

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
uruba23:

Okay then how much is it now...
5k for one 8GB card to replace the 2GB and 1GB card that are in it now
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
joe120120:

Go there now and ask him to replace urs to 4gb ram or u better buy new ram of 4 or 8 gb ram .good luck
Done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by budaatum: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
ContractKiller:
The Alfa bit is relevant so that everyone knows who to avoid when they go to transact any business at Computer Village.
Yeah. That's how stupid ignorant people reason and why I specifically mentioned it. Op was gullible enough to think "Alfa" implied honesty, and the "Alfa" is an "Alfa" just because it screams honesty to gullible ops. What's more gullible however is how you too seem to be falling for the inverse of the trick, the one that tells you "Alfa" is out to trick you and you've spotted it.

I bet when you come to buy your computer I'll be a pastor instead. Hopefully, you know how to check the harddrive I sell you is not powered by the Holy Spirit.

Before you insult buda, which I bet you are tempted to do, please do some research. And remember, the same "Alfa" sold to op's friend.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by calebonuja: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Next time you could buy from Shopinverse on IG. Am just suggesting though
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by ContractKiller: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Well, we live and learn grin If I were him I would take it back and try to swap for a better model, even if it means adding a little bit more money on top of what he originally paid.

folarr:

I checked everything except that
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

5k for one 8GB card to replace the 2GB and 1GB card that are in it now
Okay no need for replacement, just open the laptop put the new 8GB to have 11GB..
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
budaatum:

Yeah. That's how stupid ignorant people reason and why I specifically mentioned it. Op was gullible enough to think "Alfa" implied honesty, and the "Alfa" is an "Alfa" just because it screams honesty to gullible ops. What's more gullible however is how you too seem to be falling for the inverse of the trick, the one that tells you "Alfa" is out to trick you and you've spotted it.

I bet when you come to buy your computer I'll be a pastor instead. Hopefully, you know how to check the harddrive I sell you is not powered by the Holy Spirit.

Before you insult buda, which I bet you are tempted to do, please do some research. And remember, the same "Alfa" sold to op's friend.
Exactly. And I did not say he was an Alfa, I said they called him Alfa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
ContractKiller:
Well, we live and learn grin If I were him I would take it back and try to swap for a better model, even if it means adding a little bit more money on top of what he originally paid.

He suggested that, but he also said I could get an 8GB ram card for 5k for the mix up, and it seems cheaper, so I picked that
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by kapelvej: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Please go and challenge him but not fight. You may get something. Better to try
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Adewale1603(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

It is a 64bit OS, I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade the RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow
were you not aware that the ram is not 4gb but 3gb all this while ? cos that's one of the first thing you should probably know since the time you got the system. And there's not much difference between a 3gb ram and 4gb to make a noticeably faster speed on your laptop. If you want a faster boot up time and speed, upgrade to an SSD drive
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
Check the receipt that Alfa gave you, the system configuration should be there

If it state 3gb of RAM, upgrade to your desired spec, if it state more you can question him but you will still unlikely win because the system has been with you for long

Forget about whatever the system came with, if you want that you should have gone for new one not fairly used, he may argue he didn't change it and claim it was probably changed by previous owner or it's bad so he changed it

You don't need to turn it to a full blown fight, your friend is probably lucky or better still you are unlucky, he gave you what you ask I'm sure you didn't ask for gaming laptop
I have explained, check prior posts on the 2nd and 3rd pages
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by malali: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
You buy Ram from Alfa..........After sallah
And you are surprised the Ram is small.

You are a mumu man!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
Adewale1603:
were you not aware that the ram is not 4gb but 3gb all this while ? cos that's one of the first thing you should probably know since the time you got the system. And there's not much difference between a 3gb ram and 4gb to make a noticeably faster speed on your laptop. If you want a faster boot up time and speed, upgrade to an SSD drive
I just got it not too long ago, but he has explained and has come up with a good solution
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
malali:
You buy Ram from Alfa..........After sallah
And you are surprised the Ram is small.

You are a mumu man!!!
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by fineboynl(m): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
one of the ram is 1gb. remove that one and put 2gb. it will complete 4gb.
I promised you there would be a big difference.
talking from experience after I changed mine
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
I have used this laptop OP,...and I had a friend who had exactly this same laptop.....

He was able to run Lumion 6 on it but I couldn't run it, although it installed but had difficulty displaying....

So when I checked , I notice mine didn't come with NVDIA dedicated graphics just the normal HD graphics.....
I guess the laptop has different specs but the same body
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by bragamycin: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
If you need a delivery company to help you deliver those packages to your clients while you chill and relax, pls contact us at TearRace deliveries. Call/Whatsapp: +234 902 918 8132
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
fineboynl:
one of the ram is 1gb. remove that one and put 2gb. it will complete 4gb.

I promised you there would be a big difference.

talking from experience after I changed mine
I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade the RAM to 8GB for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
I have used this laptop OP,...and I had a friend who had exactly this same laptop.....

He was able to run Lumion 6 on it but I couldn't run it, although it installed but had difficulty displaying....

So when I checked , I notice mine didn't come with NVDIA dedicated graphics just the normal HD graphics.....
I guess the laptop has different specs but the same body

I just checked, mine has 1gb NVIDIA dedicated VRAM
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
What's with the family problem here Wetin concern us with you , Alfa or laptop? My friend getaway diaaaaa!!!!!!!! angry
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
You can go and ask him for replacement politely, if he doesnt have the RAM, you can swap your 3gRam for a 4gRam, but you'll add a little money to it.
I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade it to an 8GB RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Globacom Submarine Cable - Glo-1 / Let's Have Your "Computers Section" Complaints/Suggestions/Observations Here! / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.