Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 (55038 Views)

Uk Used Hp Probook 6450b - 8gb Ram, Core I5 At 82k Only *sold / UK Used HP 6450B - 8GB RAM, Core i5 At 80k / My Regrets For Buying A London Used Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
Have you checked the processor speed of the laptop? The RAM might not be the problem.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
DJMCOTTY:
What's with the family problem here Wetin concern us with you , Alfa or laptop? My friend getaway diaaaaa!!!!!!!! angry
Tf?
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
Have you checked the processor speed of the laptop?
I have done all that.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

First of.. No 65k system can play gta 5 at 60fps(even at lowest settings

If it runs better on your friend's pc, a lot of things(besides the ram) can contribute to that.

The processor inside your friends pc might be a different gen.

Judging by the 10-15fps you said, I can bet yours is 2nd/3rd gen grin(been there).

Your friends pc may contain an ssd(hence the faster boot)

Your friend might have been lucky to get one with older Nvidia card(happens sometimes, even seller may not know it has dedicated graphics)

You've gotten yours for a while now and you've probably never Defrag your hard drive before

Your pc components may have accumulated dust(maybe you use it on the bed or rug)

Your hard drive might be failing

Then lastly.. RAM. Besides the 1gb difference between both PCs, your friend's laptop might contain 2x2gb rams, which has been proven to help laptops without dedicated graphics when gaming cos when there's no dedicated graphics on a laptop, it draws power from the ram.
So, when there's two rams of the same capacity in a laptop. It helps gaming.
I call it "low budget SLI"

There is a lot of things to know about computers..

Like I don't know much or anytyn about computer, your explanation lasan na baba...
92% in 4 units course
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

If it runs better on your friend's pc, a lot of things(besides the ram) can contribute to that.

Judging by the 10-15fps you said, I can bet yours is 2nd/3rd gen grin(been there).

Your friend might have been lucky to get one with older Nvidia card(happens sometimes, even seller may not know it has dedicated graphics)

You've gotten yours for a while now and you've probably never Defrag your hard drive before

Your pc components may have accumulated dust(maybe you use it on the bed or rug)

Then lastly.. RAM. Besides the 1gb difference between both PCs, your friend's laptop might contain 2x2gb rams, which has been proven to help laptops without dedicated graphics when gaming cos when there's no dedicated graphics on a laptop, it draws power from the ram.

You try...
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by henkenneth(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
next time know what you want to buy before buying
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Aarenasbaba:

Like I don't know much or anytyn about computer, your explanation lasan na baba...
92% in 4 units course

Hahaha. The guy pretty much summed it all up. Those are all the factors that contribute to a computer's speed. RAM, Hard drive and graphics card. . .

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I have done all that.
If the processor speed is up to 2.4ghz and the game is running slow you might have to update the display driver
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons
folarr:

I just checked, mine has 1gb NVIDIA dedicated VRAM
folarr:

They both run on an Intel Core i5-520M processor, both have been overclocked(by us) and have been boosted to a processor speed of 2.94GHz with Intel readyboost technology
folarr:

I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade the RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow
folarr:

5k for one 8GB card to replace the 2GB and 1GB card that are in it now
But thanks for the advice
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I just checked, mine has 1gb NVIDIA dedicated VRAM

OK , is a bit better, just check the difference between yours and ur paddy's own....

You can also swap laptops with the dealer and add a token to it to get a better one, talk with him
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
If the processor speed is up to 2.4ghz and the game is running slow you might have to update the display driver
Its 2.94
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

OK , is a bit better, just check the difference between yours and ur paddy's own....

You can also swap laptops with the dealer and add a token to it to get a better one, talk with him
They're the same, the only difference is the RAM
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by uvie66: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:
Nairalanders, Please I Need Advice

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?
Can't you just increase the RAM yourself, a Ram shouldn't be more than 5k to 10 K the most.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Friendlyjoe: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:
I just got of the phone with him, he told me that I can upgrade it to an 8GB RAM for a cheaper price, and I'm going to do that tomorrow

That will be great.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by lekjons(m): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
@folarr

If it has 1gb dedicated graphics, it may mean that the game isn't running in the dedicated graphics.

Try this
Press ctrl-alt-esc together, it will open the task manager, from the tabs, you'll see "performance", click on it and it will show your laptops hardware.
Somewhere in there you'll see the name of the dedicated graphics on this your and usage should be at %0

Minimize the task manager and run any game, when the game is running minimize it(don't close or exit), then go back to the task manager and check if the percentage on the dedicated graphics card has increased.

If it doesn't, your system may be having driver issues and you may need to reinstall the graphics card drivers
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

Its 2.94
Ah. Then it's probably the game. U can google about it. There are lag fixes for it
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by TheManOfTheYear: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

5k for one 8GB card to replace the 2GB and 1GB card that are in it now
Is it possible to add a dedicated graphics card?
I also have a probook (6470b) but I just want to play PES or FIFA, not really a gaming person
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by blackdaimond250(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?
u can always add to your Ram. Or better still if u have anyone around that is computer literate he should be able to tweak your system Ram to work as if it's 4GB Ram
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by TheManOfTheYear: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
I have used this laptop OP,...and I had a friend who had exactly this same laptop.....

He was able to run Lumion 6 on it but I couldn't run it, although it installed but had difficulty displaying....

So when I checked , I notice mine didn't come with NVDIA dedicated graphics just the normal HD graphics.....
I guess the laptop has different specs but the same body

Can the NVidia graphics card be added? If yes, got any idea on the price?
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Kulas: 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
You have no case and the Alfa has nothing to do with you. It's a waste of time. Before you buy a laptop ,you must check the configuration,besides it's a fairly used one which the seller can reload the is,change alot of things if he likes,for example the RAM you are talking about,he has the right to increase or decrease it and sell the laptop at any price he wish to. Same applies to changes in hardware or software. Your only business is to check the laptop at the spot.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by NewDelhi(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

Most people think it's only ram that defines how well a game can run ... Lol. They don't even know what a processor is not to talk of a graphics card

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Kizyte(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

Next time buy a system with SSD Drive, not just all about the RAM, systems with SSD which is the latest technology in storage, processes 10x faster than HDD
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

They're the same, the only difference is the RAM

OK good...upgrade to 8GRAm or more and have fun ....cheers
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Drizzy5001(m): 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
This is why I hate anything second hand/fairly used, it better to buy a new one in a Laptop shop than to buy from those black market boys
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by LordOfTheWeed: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
jaxxy:
Alfa and Ram for ur laptop? U got jokes. undecided
The Alfa removed the follow come ram and sold it to buy an edible ram grin

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Ellixlimswag(m): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

I just laugh when I see the thing 4gb ram not video ram sef ���
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by RuddyFusion(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I dont know if it's the same Alfa that I know, if it's the same one then his a good fellow and can be trusted..

But it's not all about Ram alot of other factors come into play to make a pc faster .

You can go meet him and he will get this sorted.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Samylekey(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
goldcoinhub:
I want sell my Hp Folio ooo
N80K
Can we talk about the system? Will like to get it if its still nice
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by stepsy: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
But how do you paid for the laptop without checking the RAM. Ram, core and processing speed is actually what you look out first not the beauty of the laptop.
You have learned the hard way.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by whizzler: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
budaatum:
You can try, but I'd be very surprised if you're not told you bought as seen. One bright side of this though, is your friend got the better machine. It would have been awkward the other way round.

Oh! The "Alfa" bit? Irrelevant. Unless the transaction was in a mosque.

Hahahahaha, ur last sentence got me reeling but u just said the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
loneprof:

Hahaha. The guy pretty much summed it all up. Those are all the factors that contribute to a computer's speed. RAM, Hard drive and graphics card. . .
Kudos to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Globacom Submarine Cable - Glo-1 / Let's Have Your "Computers Section" Complaints/Suggestions/Observations Here! / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.