Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation (91893 Views)

Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of 18-Storey Smart Building / Check Out This 1925 Old Colonial Building In Port Harcourt / Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by UgojiC(m): 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
A massive residential building in China has shot to fame for its quirky, pyramid-like shape.

The futuristic 18-storey structure is situated in Kunshan, a city near Shanghai, and has gathered great interest from the public for its unusual design.

An impressive drone video released by China News Service shows how flats stack one on top of another on a 45-degree slope as if they were made with Lego blocks.

Standing 100 metres (330 feet) tall, the bizarre yet popular building in Kunshan's Huaqiao district is a part of a residential and commercial complex, which was completed in 2013 and has two other 12-storey structures.

All three buildings have a protruding and slanted surface on two sides, and from some angle the buildings look like pyramids. The other two exterior walls of each building are normal vertical ones.
Masters' Architectural Office, the firm that designed the complex, told MailOnline that its architects were inspired by the traditional Chinese terraced rice fields, which are built into mountain slopes.
The Shanghai-based firm said it also took ideas from parkour, an urban activity which sees people running and jumping between buildings and is loved by young Chinese city dwellers. Apparently, the firm hopes the buildings would be associated with the trending and modern sport.

One resident in the complex, known by his surname Huang, told China News Service the buildings' unique design means each apartment comes with a big terrace and he liked the feature especially.

Mr Huang who lives in a third-floor flat said: 'It is a special way of living. My friends often come to my house to hang out on the terrace. We would drink tea and relax.'  

The Chinese public have been intrigued by the building trio, with many web users suggesting that the complex could serve as the set of sci-fi films.

Others find the design mind-blowing. One such user posted on Twitter-like Weibo saying 'I am a bit dizzy after looking at so many balconies'; while another wrote 'I would get lost in the building'.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6155119/Bizarre-pyramid-shaped-building-China-internet-sensation.html

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Toyade888(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
Fvck_shit

FTC...at last

Jokes apart this could be a reality for us if it wasn't for corruption

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by flejnr(f): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
That’s what I call architecture, a lot of Nigerians can do this with the embezzled NDDC money

447 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by pyro62(m): 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mad o shocked.. Such an edifice!! I'm sure it is not even up to the 21billion naira that Gov. Wike is using to build just one flyover at Rumuokoro.

436 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Byke60(m): 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
E shock me shocked

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Godisgreatest1: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
So innovative, not the regular rectangular houses that has enslaved our architects.

196 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by illicit(m): 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Wow
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by ForeThinker: 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
Fascinating.

TF no go need ladder again

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by zone51: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
cool interesting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by YoungLionken(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
The Chinese are just like the Igbos of Nigeria. They're business minded rather than going to war.

They want their country to be independent economically and otherwise.

Rapid growth and development.

They're more interested in making their citizens billionaire, just like the Nigerian government have always wanted Dangote to be and stay on top.

China is one of the smartest countries in the world if you asked me...

260 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Kemimarch16(f): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Wow lovely

5 Likes

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by zeusdgrt(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mad o

1 Like

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by searchng4love: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Xiaomi Redmi 2 for sale 20,000

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
J
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by aminusodiq(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Fascinating
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Jestin: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Truly , God is an engineer and i rep civil engr

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by uchelouis45(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
E
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Zico5(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nigeria is finished. When other countries are building edifices, we are bulding, rehabilitating and remoulding Boko haram members. I weep for my country. Buhari is a disaster.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Paragon311(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Good job.

Quality architectural design. .

A country where things work....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Jesuyinka01(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by melodyogonna(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
The amount of money in China is something else, they practically have their own market and can become very rich just by trading in China, 1.4B people is no joke.

And they're not afraid to spend this money.

Nigeria and India also have their markets inside the country but unlike America and China most of the population is poor and doesn't have the same purchasing power.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by SweetBuns(f): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
This is what is called state of the art
Not that one we see all the time on NTA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by LibertyRep: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Another masterpiece from the Chinese.

But come to think of it, is it still tenable at this stage to say all humans and all races emanate from one man?

What is wrong with Africa?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Matheusmartin: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
China is something else..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by deepwater(f): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Looks like a favela for the rich undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Starboytwo(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Na so our house for mushin take be

14 Likes

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by chukwuibuipob: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
sad
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by stalwart123(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
grin
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by theophorus(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Oboy eee!
this is seriously Serious ooo.
My eyes is just 'turning-on-it-own".

3 Likes

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by dyera(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hmph, small earthquake this building don collapse. I will not be able to stay in this kind of building, for fear that it will collapse any moment.

1 Like

Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Juanmike(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Exemplary
Re: Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation by Topmaike007(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
USA go just dey hate them but China has gone far abeg America is just jealous...

America is naija typical village people they don't want you to succeed any time success is coming to your way they will always look for a way to cripple you..

After God fear USA cos they're Devil in disguise moving about looking for whom to devour

43 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) / Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.