Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

What Is The Reward For Being Good In The World Of Today ??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Reward For Being Good In The World Of Today ??? (114 Views)

Nigerians Are Good In Creating Problems And Later Blame The Government. / Have You Ever Been A Situation Of Not Being Good Enough? / Keke Rider Gets N400K Reward For Returning Lost N300K In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Reward For Being Good In The World Of Today ??? by Theseventhpage(m): 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
Honestly, Sometimes I really think and wonder ... What is actually the reward for being good and honest in the world of today ?...
If we really check a lot of things happening in our world today ... Most of the successful and prestigious things we seek for and would want, we see in other people who I must say mostly indulge in negative or vile things either openly or in secret and we praise and to some others worship these people .....

And so I wonder sometimes, what really is the reward for being good hearted , kind, obedient to rules and laws, honest , unselfish and moral in our world of today ...

Most good people don't end up with much achievements in life , just look at some of our parents today who decided to follow the rules and don't involve in wrong things even when some of them had that opportunity ....... Most nice and obedient people who follow laws and rules set down without having any fraudulent or mischievousness in them suffer dearly or struggle a lot with life challenges and especially financially......

Yet as of today , there are politicians , drug dealers, fraudsters, thieves , killers , and various types of immoralities that thrive and succeed even in the open and people sing praises to them and go about mocking others who don't indulge in things like this ..... It is as if it's only when these people are caught that we tend to rain curses or publicly persecute them ... Meanwhile we may have known what they do and still we talk praise for them and the common man or woman who tends to be righteous and good at heart who don't do such, we disregard...

It's as if there isn't any reward for actually being good in this world of today .... I even wonder if there was ever a time such a thing even paid anyone ....

Writing this , I know some people may have some instances of one or two stories about how goodness of the heart , obedience and kindness has paid off to some people .... But such stories of some few persons can't be enough .... life is way bigger and much detailed than a few good stories ...

It's like a kill or get killed situation we face in life to really survive and grow into prominence and satisfaction in life .... and being good, hard work , honesty and obedience may just not really cut it... you may have to indulge in something wrong or sacrifice something valuable to achieve greater purposes in life ...

What that wrong or sacrificial thing may be would actually be of your own choosing....
This is a one bitter truth I think people should try to realise ....
Or what do you think ?

(1) (Reply)

NDDC Brought Out N10bn To Fight Me – Wike Alleges / Collect Your Loan / The Quest For Pleasure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.