Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre (17565 Views)

Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre / NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Pipefitter: 5:51am On Aug 05, 2020
Good morning Nigerians.

I am a pipe fitter seeking employment opportunity, kindly refer if you know any available positions
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by guru90: 6:15am On Aug 05, 2020
Confused Nation without shame........
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Gkay1(m): 6:23am On Aug 05, 2020
soon it will be 200 per liter, we are moving forward
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 05, 2020
The thing Nigerians need to know...so long as government fixes prices of petrol, there is a subsidy.

What government does from time to time in the name of 'removing subsidy' is raise the price to a point where they can easily pay a subsidy without running into problems.

If the government truly removed subsidy, that ex-depot price would be somewhere around N180 or more, and the price of fuel would be over N200 or more per liter.

The truth is, subsidy has to go, so that investors will come in, build more refinereis, and eventually prices fall due to increased production at home. Plus more jobs.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Davida33333: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Instead of you supporting these gossiping about these politicians why not avail yourself of various opportunities the internet offers.

See what I do to earn some coins that may amount to huge sums later if you persevere.

You can join my team if you care!

My signature below speaks for itself. You pay nothing. IT'S FREE!

Download FREE materials with proof�:
https:///30qDeXe

Interested in forex trading software Send a message on WhatsApp �:
Https:///08114536840?text=from%20nairaland.

Download FREE e-book:
https:///2WxwfuE

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by mjabdulk: 6:30am On Aug 05, 2020
Yet the cost of living, comodities, and products will remain static.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Totosweetdie(f): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Wettoid123: 6:55am On Aug 05, 2020
this is what Nigerians want cos we voted one of our own out so lets salvage it together petrol #150 to #155 here i come.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by ejimatic: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/just-in-ppmc-fixes-petrol-ex-depot-price-at-n138-62-per-litre/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
. PPMC. and PPRC are government agencies .Nigeria has petrol and the bodies with oversight of the fuel products.Any attempt to increase it even to 150 naira will be resisted by Nigerians for it is an indication of insensitivity and callousness to the increasing plight of Nigerians
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by kaludestiny10(m): 7:03am On Aug 05, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
This year go what??... e go rugged oooo

Where are the people who occupied the street that year over pump price increase?

Please this is the time to really occupy the streets o... Don’t be shy
They have gone deaf, dumb and crippled.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Peacefuluz(f): 7:04am On Aug 05, 2020
Hmm

moorejewelrymall.com.ng
/moore-jewelry-mall
flutterwave.com/store/moorejewelrymall
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by charlsecy(m): 7:05am On Aug 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
If the review were to be downward, same filling stations will tell you they have to finish the remaining stock before complying with the new pump price. angry
A major aim of an entrepreneur is profit. So you would do differently?

2 Likes

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Unrated900(m): 7:06am On Aug 05, 2020
Buhari has failed the country immensely

They turned Nigerians

To the

Law of diminishing returns

Useless dullard person
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by adecz: 7:16am On Aug 05, 2020
Useless incompetent government!!! sad sad sad sad sad
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Yongtillblisz: 7:20am On Aug 05, 2020
You talked as if you're not in Nigeria �do you see what is happening in our agriculture, use rice production as an example, if we even have 10 refineries and d price of petrol ever reach 350# as u said naija local refinery can never reduce it a dime, rather they will be pursuing d importers to go so they can do better bussines, u sounds not a Nigerian � pls we need regulations that's the only thing a common man believe he get from our failed govt.

quotenister post=92470748]

No it’s not! Please let me explain!

Deregulating the oil and gas industry will lead to a price increase for sure but it will also make it profitable for new players that can operate more efficiently to enter the game.
That way, it becomes “may the best man win” situation.
Look at us!! We produce oil, export it and then import it at the partial expense of the government.

Subsidizing the industry will never allow growth because it’s easy money. Companies don’t have to invest in refinery because regardless of the cost, FG will pay.

Imagine if the industry was deregulated and those old timers hiked the price to say 350N/liter on the excuse that the importation cost is high... then 4 years down the line, a new player builds a mega refinery and able to sell at 80N per liter cos they produce at a cheaper cost, who do you think will win?

Same thing has to be done in the electricity industry... open up distribution and generation!! Let’s unburden the government and kill these corrupt institutions![/quote]
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by badoh(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2020
I knew something must have made some filling stations to shut their entrance. I was going to work this morning in Osogbo with the intention of filling my tank only to realise many filling stations shut their entrance. They will be perfecting plans on how to adjust their pump. This country is another thing entirely.

1 Like

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by PureGoldh(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2020
Clueless set of people
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by emmyN(m): 7:38am On Aug 05, 2020
masterP042:
A country that has been producing crude oil for over 60 years, yet, no functioning refinery. Even though we've been a banana republic, yet we couldn't even develop our area of dependency..
Nigeria is just like a cripple footballer.
The petrol price is high, because
1. We use outdated and costly method to produce crude.
2. We refine our crude in other countries, and the charges incurred by all these transport and shit, is borne by the last consumer, the poor masses.
3. Cost of transporting the products from the deport and ports to different states.. How the fvck are the pipelines not working? These big trucks cause accidents and spoil the roads, they are too big to ply these substandard roads. Using trucks to transport fuel for long distance is very expensive.
4. Lack of efficient planning and good policies. But those benefiting from the corruption wouldn't want it to change. Good policy and plan, can actually turn around the whole situation. Many of these oil marketers have refineries outside the country where they refine oil, but why they don't have one in Nigeria is what I'm yet to understand, is it that they're afraid of govt?
I've seen many reasons to give up in this country.. This is 2020, and we are still battling with common issues like bad roads, illiteracy, inefficient power supply, poor drainage, hunger, unclean water supply, etc. In 2020. Very very bad

Honestly. Very soon Nigeria is going to only be seen in the eyes of other nations as a relic, the old world, an artefact cheesy

1 Like

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by chatinent: 7:38am On Aug 05, 2020
I look forward to when all these corrupt leaders will be a past tense.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by wandium: 7:42am On Aug 05, 2020
Afolabimills:
Buhari apc and it's very useless stupid supporters bring sorrow tears n blood it shall never be well with u all

You are a mumu somebody
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by onyxo76(m): 7:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

I just filled my tank this afternoon at the rate of 143/litre. undecided

Pretty sure filling stations must have adjusted their pump prices to the upper limit at 155/litre by now. angry

If the review were to be downward, same filling stations will tell you they have to finish the remaining stock before complying with the new pump price. angry
abi o, i trust bovas sha, they will still use the lower limit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by otokx(m): 7:47am On Aug 05, 2020
FELA said it.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by jeyselassie(m): 7:49am On Aug 05, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
Foolish people....They keep increasing and reducing!!

I want N65-N95 per liter, Buhari has failed us.
this guy in this picture resemble marketer with this hin gnld bag
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2020
magicminister:

Deregulating the oil and gas industry will lead to a price increase for sure but it will also make it profitable for new players that can operate more efficiently to enter the game.
Look at us!! We produce oil, export it and then import it at the partial expense of the government.

Subsidizing the industry will never allow growth because it’s easy money. Companies don’t have to invest in refinery because regardless of the cost, FG will pay.

Imagine if the industry was deregulated and those old timers hiked the price to say 350N/liter on the excuse that the importation cost is high... then 4 years down the line, a new player builds a mega refinery and able to sell at 80N per liter cos they produce at a cheaper cost, who do you think will win?

Same thing has to be done in the electricity industry... open up distribution and generation!! Let’s unburden the government and kill these corrupt institutions!

Good explanation

But the problem is, Nigerians see only the high price, not the long term benefits
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Kissiemu(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2020
For years we dey suffer fuel scarcity everybody dey complain.

Abeg make fuel dey even if e cost. I don't want to experience those fuel scarcity years.
If you never sleep for fuel station before in your life then you just come of age.
Ask Mynd44 him go tell you as e dey go those days.

1 Like

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Equity15(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2020
naija I hail thee

Do you know we can create an ecommerce or regular website for you in 10minutes plus a mobile app uploaded to play store for just 8,000? you pay after we deliver unbelievable right? try us. it's a win-win deal. we win, you win more. check siggy.
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2020
I swear as mad as they are o
Simplyleo:

I just filled my tank this afternoon at the rate of 143/litre. undecided

Pretty sure filling stations must have adjusted their pump prices to the upper limit at 155/litre by now. angry

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by sinistermind(m): 8:37am On Aug 05, 2020
Jonathan moved to remove subsidy and this same people in power came at him like a rabid dog. Now they are in the same shoes and knows how it feels. The govt of the day then tried explaining the reason behind the increment but no one would have it. Now this is increasing and no one is gathering in Ojota to shout. We are in for a whole lot of nonsense from this govt.

1 Like

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by masterP042(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2020
emmyN:

Honestly. Very soon Nigeria is going to only be seen in the eyes of other nations as a relic, the old world, an artefact cheesy
Lol. Nigeria has a lot of problems, and we are already overwhelmed.
I read about a research on a failed state sometime ago, with Nigeria being the case study.. I couldn't agree less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2020
adioolayi:
Hope subsidy is gone forever...abeg,allow price modulations by different gas stations...yes, price will go up at first,but it will come down to reasonable balance with price competition

For an essential commodity?
Re: PPMC fixes petrol Ex-Depot price at ₦138.62 per litre by galadima77(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2020
magicminister:

Same thing has to be done in the electricity industry... open up distribution and generation!! Let’s unburden the government and kill these corrupt institutions!

The legislooters won't see this post o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Hails Tunji-Ojo Reforms As Interior Minister / Port Harcourt Trans-amadi Meat Market. / Donald Duke, Peter Obi At Conference For Young And Emerging Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.