Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,828 members, 7,806,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. (1378 Views)

Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists / Are Prayers Really Answered? / Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34am On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

What is the bible definition?

The Bible definition of faith is "Knowing"-Having True, Sound and Solid Information"!
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WE KNOW FOR SURE THAT PRAYERS ARE MERE WISHES, AND WISHES ARE SIMPLY WHAT THEY ARE - WISHES.
MILLIONS PRAY EVERYDAY AND GO ON TO CLAIM PRAYING DOES SO MUCH FOR THEM. WHILE THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY PROVE THEY'RE RIGHT WITH THEIR CLAIMS, WE CAN'T PROVE THEY'RE WRONG. WE CAN ONLY SUBJECT BELIEVERS TO A PRACTICAL WHERE THEY PRAY SOMETHING INTO POSSIBILITY.. BUT THERE'S A BIG CHANCE THEY'LL COP OUT WITH "YOU CAN'T TEST OUR GOD".
THIS QUESTION HAS NO ANSWER. BELIEVERS EVEN SEE IT AS MADNESS TO DARE QUESTION THE NONSENSES THEY BELIEVE. BUT WE'LL KEEP ASKING. NOT TO GET ANSWERS, BUT FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR THE LIGHT TO FIND IT EASILY.
Nobody has to prove that prayers don't work.
All we need is for religious people to fall sick and die despite praying for recuperation.
But the issue is that religious people believe God has a reason for letting believers suffer and die or/and he is too mysterious to be understood.
I find it baseless when they still claim he loves them.
How did you know a mysterious person loves you?
Pantheism is another baseless concept in which a mind is pointlessly ascribed to the universe.

2 Likes

Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

What is the bible definition?
The Bible definition can't resurrect Michael Jackson.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible definition of faith is "Knowing"-Having True, Sound and Solid Information"!

Taken from which verse of the bible?
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2020
HellVictorinho:

The Bible definition can't resurrect Michael Jackson.

LMFAO! Indeed. Faith only "does" what is naturally possible.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 24, 2020
Afromentalist:
@triplechoice

Indeed the placebo like effects of prayer can’t be ignored and I did mention them in one of my posts. What I did say is that I want to overlook these because almost anything can have a placebo effect depending on the patient beliefs and state of mind. Hence in examining the real value of prayers, placebo has to be excluded.

In the same vein, in analyzing the value of a particular drug the testing procedure Attempts to exclude the placebo effects not because they do not exists but because they don’t depend on the medicine itself rather the state of mind of the patient.

Prayers may have effects though, and this is what I will attempt to demonstrate later.
The effects of prayer are not the things God(s) do since they can't exist.
In other words,they are just the effects of talking to yourself.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17am On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

Taken from "My words are Spirit" John 6:63
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Taken from "My words are Spirit" John 6:63

How is this verse the definition of faith?
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

How is this verse the definition of faith?

You Clearly Asked,

LordReed:

And I have supplied it thus.

The Bible via Paul did also Provide another Explanation of what Faith is. But The Lord in His Usual supply of Understanding via Riddles also has left us Clues to find what "Faith" is, which is what I have presented in the exercise of my freedom to offer an explanation to what the Bible described as "faith".

And I rest
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 11:49am On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You Clearly Asked,

And I have supplied it thus.

The Bible via Paul did also Provide another Explanation of what Faith is. But The Lord in His Usual supply of Understanding via Riddles also has left us Clues to find what "Faith" is, which is what I have presented in the exercise of my freedom to offer an explanation to what the Bible described as "faith".

And I rest

The question was HOW. To further break it down I am asking you to explain how the verse is a definition of faith because there is nothing faith related in the verse nor is there anything about "Knowing"-Having True, Sound and Solid Information".

Verse for reference:

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

The question was HOW. To further break it down I am asking you to explain how the verse is a definition of faith because there is nothing faith related in the verse nor is there anything about "Knowing"-Having True, Sound and Solid Information".

Verse for reference:

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

That, I am not going to do for the value and praise of that verse is in its Dis-Covering and it's Uncovering!

Everyone has to unlock the other parts of themselves to See, for themselves, if they want!

All the helps to aid us in doing that have been given but the remainder of that journey Must be completed by that person.

So respectfully, this is where I must stop and proceed no further.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That, I am not going to do for the value and praise of that verse is in its Dis-Covering and it's Uncovering!

Everyone has to unlock the other parts of themselves to See, for themselves, if they want!

All the helps to aid us in doing that have been given but the remainder of that journey Must be completed by that person.

So respectfully, this is where I must stop and proceed no further.

In other words you just spilled bullshìt and are walking away. Ok. LoL.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

In other words you just spilled bullshìt and are walking away. Ok. LoL.

In the likeness of what The Lord told the rich man, I say "We have the Scriptures, It speaks for itself. Whosoever has an ear to hear, let him hear"!
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

In the likeness of what The Lord told the rich man, I say "We have the Scriptures, It speaks for itself. Whosoever has an ear to hear, let him hear"!

I am not interested in hearing your subjectivist bull crap, I want a definition of faith from the Bible.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

I am not interested in hearing your subjectivist bull crap, I want a definition of faith from the Bible.

grin. Hebrew 11:1 is Paul's subjective definition. Jude has his, John had his, Peter his, but it is nothing to be angry about for you and I both know that whatever anyone says and proves to you will not be acceptable to you, as is your God Given right to accept or Reject a thing.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin. Hebrew 11:1 is Paul's subjective definition. Jude has his, John had his, Peter his, but it is nothing to be angry about for you and I both know that whatever anyone says and proves to you will not be acceptable to you, as is your God Given right to accept or Reject a thing.

Glad you recognise that you are all playing games in your heads. LOL!
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

Glad you recognise that you are all playing games in your heads. LOL!

You would not be a Satanist if you are not Anti-Bible!.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You would not be a Satanist if you are not Anti-Bible!.

LMFAO! In your mind Satanist is the worst accusation you can throw. Bwahahahaha!
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

LMFAO! In your mind Satanist is the worst accusation you can throw. Bwahahahaha!

The Most Worst position is still being occupied by your Worser, so until vacancy, you have to make do with present position. grin grin
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The Most Worst position is still being occupied by your Worser, so until vacancy, you have to make do with present position. grin grin

[img]https://media./images/f572a8b2c33270c43cd919045b1b1ed4/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by budaatum: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

He is not very bright, is he?

1 Like

Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
budaatum:

[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]

Een! Opportunity to enter fight wey no concern you! grin
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by budaatum: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

[img]https://s 5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]

Een! Opportunity to enter fight wey no concern you! grin
You, concern me wherever you are.
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
budaatum:

You, concern me wherever you are.

Normal, very normal, so have a sit somewhere around, there is an empty chair over across there, you can get it and settle in. grin grin
Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by LordReed(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
budaatum:

He has the brightness of very tarnished tin, attempts to reflect light but ends up highlighting how tarnished he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Prayers Useful ? Questioning And Understanding Prayer And Faith - A Thread. by budaatum: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
LordReed:

He has the brightness of very tarnished tin, attempts to reflect light but ends up highlighting how tarnished he is.
Funny he thinks his highlighting is not noticed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CCC..... Celestial Church Of Christ (oil And Soap Bath) / Apostle Joshua Selman Denies Word Of God / Oyinbo With Nijja Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.