Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria (40837 Views)

A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Kemimarch16(f): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Lovely...I don't mind if I can get one of those tiger bag lol
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by 80kobo(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
like how much are they?

I love art a lot.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by NaijaCover(m): 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
Is Back, ThankGod For Everything
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Lovelyn451(f): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
Wow...and I need beads o
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
Oh wow! Very nice. Superb.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Surajo1998: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
fascinating
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Everything here is for sale , there are different vendors selling there
dahgifted:
Are those bags for sale?
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is very true. Our culture is so rich that Europeans were coming to steal our sculptures and its sad we are just letting them die
seguno2:

Unfortunately we have abandoned our interior decorating styles before the 1980s for Arab, Asian and white styles that mean less jobs and more poverty in our society.
When will we be wise again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
grin grin grin Nice one,
Petyprincess:
OMG!! I love seeing posts promoting our culture and country no be every day we see post like this.
Make i quickly screenshot the address,na first place i go take my boyfriend when he visits cheesy

#africatotheworld
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Wow.. this is amazing. I have been planning to get some African art works whenever i get to Benin but seeing this here.. Can't wait to check this place. So many lovely works to decorate ur home. God bless u Op

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hmmmm you are really an art lover. Every piece of art has a story behind it, but most people prefer the aesthetic part of it but the real collectors collect it for its story or history
Unnerve:
Lovely photos, but my fondness for art of this kind is merely aesthetic unfortunately.

I believe that for art to be truly appreciated by an art connoisseur, it has to go beyond aesthetics and delve into the history behind it.

I remember seeing a lovely Yoruba historical piece of art at a friend's place and when I asked her about it, all she could tell me was that she liked it just because it's beautiful.
I was able to mask my disappointment though, lol.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Joecristiano7(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know if it is the same in other countries, but this right here makes shopping in local markets so stressful and eventful. cheesy

Me: Madam how much for this fish?

Seller: How many you wan buy?

Me: 6

Seller: Take am N7000

Me: Ahnahn! Almost N1200 each? This fish no be N500 again? (Checks their size to be sure it is same N500 own)

Seller: Aunty fish done cost, na Corona virus cause am. Them no dey swim for water again. I hear say all the fishes done dey swim go Cameroon. Check around, many people no see fish buy for cold-room. Take am N6000, na customer I wan do you.

Me: (Bent on buying it N500, highest N550). Make I give you N3500 (I even added N200 o).

Seller: Noooo! Aunty I no sell like that. I no even buy am like that. My gain for that price I give you na 50 Naira!

Me: Okay, mummy next time. (Walks away...keeps walking...keeps walking)

Seller: *shouting “Nwanyi ocha, ngwa bia. Nne bia”*

Me: *thinking to myself, should I go back or proceed*

Pheeew!

Hahaha... Naija way is the only way

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by AustineJohn908(m): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Sorry oga photographer, I'm not seeing the surrounding, I'm only seeing people stalls..
Where d cleaniness you dey talk about
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
Too much noise making....everything in Lagos biggest

Trust me,the Benin art market is biggest in Africa ....

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by travelwaka: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is why I decided not to post pictures of the environment. People are always looking out for the bad in everything. Rather than enjoy the beauty side of life. Well I hope you'd always focus on the good side of those cos whatever you focus you attract.

AustineJohn908:
Sorry oga photographer, I'm not seeing the surrounding, I'm only seeing people stalls..
Where d cleaniness you dey talk about
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by iamclime(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Unnerve:
Lovely photos, but my fondness for art of this kind is merely aesthetic unfortunately.

I believe that for art to be truly appreciated by an art connoisseur, it has to go beyond aesthetics and delve into the history behind it.

I remember seeing a lovely Yoruba historical piece of art at a friend's place and when I asked her about it, all she could tell me was that she liked it just because it's beautiful.
I was able to mask my disappointment though, lol.
I feel you. The beauty of art is in the story behind it, or behind its making.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by AustineJohn908(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
travelwaka:
This is why I decided not to post pictures of the environment. People are always looking out for the bad in everything. Rather than enjoy the beauty side of life. Well I hope you'd always focus on the good side of those cos whatever you focus you attract.

Bros your caption talk about the cleaniness of a market in Nigeria" and that what got me interested in the first place. imagine how disappointed I was not to see it.
I'm not looking for the bad, I simply want to appreciate this market you talked about.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by delpee(f): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Beautiful stuff! Thanks for sharing @op.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by NiggasInParis: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
shocked
So this is were Nollywood get all those their Costumes to act those Low budget Village movies

(Respect to the Village movies from 2000 - 2007 tho) E.g IGODO, EGG OF LIFE ETC

Wetin dem the act these days i no just understand
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Yinksy09(m): 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
Wow I love this. Art is actually beautiful and amazing.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by MrAkata: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
travelwaka:
It is also the perfect place for all kinds of ready made fabrics. just walk in and pick one and they are quite affordable. I once took a tourist here two Britons, you need to see the way they were rocking their African prints every where we went that day. Then I realised we don't even cherish what we have. They bought a lot of these stuffs for their families back home.

We really need to retrace our steps and embrace African products.

African women can make a killing in Black America selling tailored African clothing. You can charge Gucci prices to an African American and they will happily and proudly pay it.

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by earnit3: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:09am On Aug 06, 2020
I mentioned a lot of things and people will always see what they want to see and it sometimes reflect who they are.

AustineJohn908:
Bros your caption talk about the cleaniness of a market in Nigeria" and that what got me interested in the first place. imagine how disappointed I was not to see it.
I'm not looking for the bad, I simply want to appreciate this market you talked about.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by enonche85(m): 12:31am On Aug 06, 2020
U will be more wowed when u visit this market in Jakande.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by EnuguPrincesa: 2:28am On Aug 06, 2020
I love this place! There's also an art museum not too far as well.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 06, 2020
Quite nice, quite attractive. Egypt is building the largest art market and museum in the world with modern infrastructure, mostly indigenous art works with prehistoric times, while Nigeria is looking like an old cargo. Sorry to say nothing impressive about this.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2020
Art is amazing. Everyday we often push the entrepreneur vs 9-5 narrative as though it has to be one OR the other, when we can be both. Watch FCMB Top 5-in-5 series to learn tips on how to run a business, be it full time or as side hustle. https:///NWsnNwTyTD
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Unnerve: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2020
travelwaka:
Hmmmm you are really an art lover. Every piece of art has a story behind it, but most people prefer the aesthetic part of it but the real collectors collect it for its story or history
iamclime:

I feel you. The beauty of art is in the story behind it, or behind its making.
That's right, and that's really all I look forward to learning about when I encounter a piece of art.

Some don't even look appealing to the eyes but the story behind them is rich enough to make it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. cool

4 Likes

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by AustineJohn908(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2020
travelwaka:
I mentioned a lot of things and people will always see what they want to see and it sometimes reflect who they are.

According to you, not according to me and those who know me.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by onlyinJESUS: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2020
Ever been to Nike art gallery? You'd love it
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by loomy(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2020
This is lovely. This shows art is being appreciated in Nigeria. I pray it gets better though. More of stuffs like this.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by emilyone(f): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Used to be known as Bar beach market dunno what its called now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers / How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.