Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles (78017 Views)

How Obiano's Wife Went Half Naked, Hit People With Broken Bottles Over Soludo / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nemere2020: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
Security operatives deployed to disperse members of #RevolutionNow movement in Abuja have shaved off the hair of a protester with a knife and broken bottle.

The victim revealed that the officers asked him to prostrate on the floor before one of them pulled out a knife while another used a broken bottle to cut off his dreadlocks and shave his hair.

The young man said that the security agents harassed him for wearing "brown hair' since he was not a woman.

Another protester with bruises on his back, Damilare Adenola, said he was dehumanised and battered by the security operatives for taking part in the protest to demand better governance from the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said he was flogged with iron and chain and kicked to the ground for no reason.

He said, "I was beaten by more than four soldiers and policemen. They slapped me several times and kicked me with boots. They also collected my phone and did not return it to me.

"It is unfortunate that this government does not accommodate civic space. There is no freedom of speech in Nigeria again."

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/05/breaking-security-operatives-shave-revolutionnow-protesters-hair-knife-broken-bottle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by olisaEze(m): 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
Mehn! Dem use bottle turn my guy dreads to cornrows. cheesy cheesy

But seriously our security agents no get any sort of professionalism at all.
There’s actually no one checking the excesses of any of our armed personnel in Nigeria.

The police are d least ranked amongst dem so they just toss a few out once in a while to make d populace think any of them really gives a damn about our fundamental human rights.

If not for social media in Naija, how many of these kind of these stories about them would see d light of day.

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by kingzizzy: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Lol grin They laughed when it was IPOB. Now they are at the receiving end

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by meccuno: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
Afonja people Sha no wan get sense. When they were protesting against Jonathan and supporting a well known jihadist and Bigot did they think they would get power back? The average Northerners don't regard us in the south as equals but with all the Education you would think it is directly proportional to wisdom. This is just the beginning. grin

321 Likes 11 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Bkayyy: 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nice one grin They haven't seen nothing. Na to dey yab Ndigbo them Sabi.
"He that throws a stone to the sky be sure to wear iron helmet" not rubber o, ndi ara

189 Likes 10 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Toikumoh(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
meccuno:
Afonja people Sha no wan get sense. When they were protesting against Jonathan and supporting a well known jihadist and Bigot did they think they would get power back? The average Northerners don't regard us in the south as equals but with all the Education you would think it is directly proportional to wisdom. This is just the beginning. grin
you are so right

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by yarimo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Slawormir: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright..Shave everything......
Pussy asss revolution
Sowore the greedy Moda fuckkker
Self centered pussy asss niggarrr

Same Moda fuckkker that destroy Jonathan government now wants freedom and revolution for his self centered ambition
Revolution are for those who are apolitical.... sowore asss is gonna be locked up soon and we will throw the key inside Mediterranean sea....
To all my real niggarrrz out there don't be a part of this cowardice and selfishness called revolution.... revolution spear headed by a greedy asss like sowore is gonna be seen as treason, uprising, coup de dat, mutiny, insurgency, rebellion, insurrection, cataclysmic revolt, jacquerie,. Riot, unrest, civil disobedience, anarchy and putsch

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Hades2016(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
This country is dead and buried a long time ago.. Because we came out for a peaceful protest and all this is happening to us... If not because of God and my speed I would have been caught and dealt with for no reason... God thank you for the speed you gave me angry angry

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by juustine777(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
HALA!
This protester are disturbing the peace of Nigeria and Nigerians, Buhari should order the army to do Operation Crocodile bite on them

10 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by anibi9674: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Them for Barb am gorimakpa

12 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by MrFixIt007: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
E nor go better for people wey dey The Steering Of Bad Goverment oooo. Una nor go die better oo

6 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by SeriouslySense(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
I dont know the difference between wild life and certian kinds of people from their acts

12 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by saraki2019(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
mhm

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Lolssssss, otocha. I hate to sound this way but honestly speaking, a particular tribe brought this dragon govt on Nigerians. U guys were warned, a president that doesn't understand anything about freedom and human rights what were u expecting from such a man.
I remember when OPERATION PYTHON DANCE started, a particular tribe were rejoicing and celebrating over it, now is the time to collect your own OPERATION GORIMAKPA.
NDI AKPA AMU OKE

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by pman096(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
These ones be like cultists na

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by zealousayo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Sebi they were all happy when they doing 'occupy Nigeria', Jona did not deploy security operatives to harm any protester. They should enjoy the devil they enthroned.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by paulolee(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
it jus soo bad that all news about this revolution protest today from each part of the country reeks of bad and sad tales..
its funny seeing the same "freedom of speech" and "endless protest" that was practised easily and instrumental in bringing down GEJ during his tenure, but now during the "change" regime it seems like Nigeria is still in military regime..
i dont blame them because Nigerians would only read the news, rant online and thats all
we are quick to compare our environment with those that do enjoy easy protest but we cant even pay the price they paid no matter how minimal..
heard the arab revolution that ignited in 2011 when an Algerian man burnt himself and it led protest that resulted in the end of bad government in neighboring Tunisia..
but in my country the youths prefare to be used as political tugs for peanuts, they prefare to protest for a looter to become president again because of small change and would only come out in crowd when a notorious looter do visit thier community because of the money he would drop for them..
i once thought our problem is poverty but now o think its more of IGNORANCE because if we really know a little about our value to them and the fact that these leaders are nothing without us, we would take the right step..
but as for me and my household, i would keep hoping for a better day and pray the youths get to do the right thing because they is strength in unity..

18 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
He was the only one they shaved his head out of the 40 people arrested?
That's too bad.

Sowore, where are you in all these protest issue please?
You need to come out NOW!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
pman096:
These ones be like cultists na
Na wa
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by JosephXavier: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Government has failed us but for fear of being dehumanized, we all chose to die in silence

If Yorubas joined for biafra agitation in 1967,all these would have been things of the past

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by anibi9674: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Yimu
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nadaken: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Revolution would happen when the average northerns wake up to say enough

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
meccuno:
Incoherent rubbish!
Why not quietly shut up if you have nothing reasonable to type mekuno?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by crossfm: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is the change most Nigerians voted for.The government of the day gives no ..ck about the welfare of its citizens.

The ones I pity most are the irredeemably zombies.They are suffering and smiling.

11 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
meccuno:

Above is why we won't see change in Nigeria

Everybody knows that the current situation needs changing, but everyone is divided as to how the change should come

And thus, the status quo continues.

Plus, this guy is defending Jonathan. GEJ's government was just exactly like Buhari's government...corrupt, corrupt, corrupt, with mass insecurity. Which instead of handling they were blaming on the 'North'

Same way BMO is now blaming Sowore for 'instability today' (Yesterday, they were blaming 'certain people').

The guy I am quoting is just like the grills guy, all they want is their favoured guy in power. When their favored guy is not there...they complain about bad governance.

APC and PDP are the same. Nigerians they care not for.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Incandescent(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hungry security officials wey Boko Haram dey chop like suya. Smh

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by dayveed1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
meccuno:
you're a foolish man.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Anneka101(f): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nigeria had lost it.

See as the securities are treating protesters like common criminals.

3 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by dignity33: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
He is not the first when Oby ezekwsiri was protesting did Sowore join her rather she was called all sort of Name. Charley Boy protest both in Lagos and Abuja did any of you join him even when he narrowly escape death by Hausa people in Wuse market. The same Nigeria said he should go to his Biafra . Now Sowore want us to join him to overthrow the same government he blackmail others to install. let us all enjoy our next level, 2023 is also around the corner and some people have started calling one of the most corrupt politician to be president because they dont want another tribe to be president. pls enjoy the government we have decided to move on .

49 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adedeji Adeleke At The Burial Of Isaka Adeleke (Photo) / Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Ajimobi For Burial On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.