Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles (78023 Views)

How Obiano's Wife Went Half Naked, Hit People With Broken Bottles Over Soludo / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
JosephXavier:
Government has failed us but for fear of being dehumanized, we all chose to die in silence

If Yorubas joined for biafra agitation in 1967,all these would have been things of the past

By 1967, when Biafra was declared, the Yorubas were somewhat sympathetic...they refused to allow the SW to be a staging ground for the Nigerian Army (as did the Midwest region) hence when war started, the front was in the Northern part of Biafra.

What pushed the Yourbas to the Federal side was the invasion of the Midwest, and then the West (via Ore). Now, from a milliatry point of view it was not a bad idea....Ojukwu opens up a second front, and strikes at a potentially weak point. The problem was, it pushed the West to the federal side, and it also made Gowon wake up and go from 'police action' to 'total war'

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by omooba969(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
[s]
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright..Shave everything......
Pussy asss revolution
Sowore the greedy Moda fuckkker
Self centered pussy asss niggarrr

Same Moda fuckkker that destroy Jonathan government now wants freedom and revolution for his self centered ambition
Revolution are for those who are apolitical.... sowore asss is gonna be locked up soon and we will throw the key inside Mediterranean sea....
To all my real niggarrrz out there don't be a part of this cowardice and selfishness called revolution.... revolution spear headed by a greedy asss like sowore is gonna be seen as treason, uprising, coup de dat, mutiny, insurgency, rebellion, insurrection, cataclysmic revolt, jacquerie,. Riot, unrest, civil disobedience, anarchy and putsch
[/s]

Stop smoking that shît coz it appears you don't know any better.
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by majamajic(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
Afolabimills:
Something is about to happen in Nigeria

Nothing will happen bro
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by FashionCookie(f): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
This us nothing to laugh ,but worry about.
Is it right for the military to do this? We may think it's funny but trust me, it's not. This is harassment of the highest order. But then, this is Nigeria and anything goes.
You can support them today but tomorrow, it might be your family member. This Country is an embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
damosky12:

Lol. These instances are straw. They had no evident ties with Jonathan's govt.

Jonathan govt allowed Sowore's "revolution now" protest, where he was directly unsalted and called unprintable names. No soldier or police stopped them. It was intentional.

UNILAG/MAU protest where the students blocked third main land bridge causing chaos of Nigeria's traffic situation. No soldier intervened, when actually they could.

Subsidy protest which many enemies hijacked to protest against him, calling him unprintable names and verbally attacking him. No soldier intervened.

These are concrete evidences of his legacy. Jonathan was called weak for how much he gave room to opposition. But that's what Democracy is about.

We have to accept the obvious. Nigerians were more free under Jonathan.

I can also point out protests under Buhari which ended peacefully....though I won't because...it amounts to defending a government I have no wish to defend.

GEJ was not as 'free' as you think. The same things that happened under GEJ are happening under Buhari. APC and PDP are the same.

3 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by PigTormentor: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
forty3:
[s]
[/s]
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by tot(f): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

Above is why we won't see change in Nigeria

Everybody knows that the current situation needs changing, but everyone is divided as to how the change should come

And thus, the status quo continues.

Plus, this guy is defending Jonathan. GEJ's government was just exactly like Buhari's government...corrupt, corrupt, corrupt, with mass insecurity. Which instead of handling they were blaming on the 'North'

Same way BMO is now blaming Sowore for 'instability today' (Yesterday, they were blaming 'certain people').

The guy I am quoting is just like the grills guy, all they want is their favoured guy in power. When their favored guy is not there...they complain about bad governance.

APC and PDP are the same. Nigerians they care not for

Couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
The day Nigeria will embrace good governance is the day the whole Nigerians agree that an Igbo President is the solution since all other major tribes have tried but yet to fix this country......

False mongers will rise to attack me but we can't continue to shade off true circulation of power and expect blessings from above.....
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nairalandmonika: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Pussy asss revolution

Same Moda fuckkker that destroy Jonathan government now wants freedom and revolution for his self centered ambition
Revolution are for those who are apolitical.... sowore asss is gonna be locked up soon and we will throw the key inside Mediterranean sea....
To all my real niggarrrz out there don't be a part of this cowardice and selfishness called revolution.... revolution spear headed by a greedy asss like sowore is gonna be seen as treason, uprising, coup de dat, mutiny, insurgency, rebellion, insurrection, cataclysmic revolt, jacquerie,. Riot, unrest, civil disobedience, anarchy and putsch
Am just surprised how u can be a BMC and a Yahoo boy at thesame time.

Is it that Yahoo nor dey pay so u dey use the 30k from BMC to follow up.

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by omooba969(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

cheesy

The same Jonathan's government where teargas was fired at the National Assembly?

The same Jonathan's government where a journalist was jailed because he offended a certain favourite police officer of GEJ....and was only released when the current Oba of Lagos (who used to be said offcier's superior) intervened?

The same Jonathan's government where APC headquarters were invaded on flimsy excuses?

Buhari is bad, but GEJ was just as bad too. LOL.

Nigerians are characterized as having short and very poor memory.

4 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nairalandmonika: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

I can also point out protests under Buhari which ended peacefully....though I won't because...it amounts to defending a government I have no wish to defend.

GEJ was not as 'free' as you think. The same things that happened under GEJ are happening under Buhari. APC and PDP are the same.
U remember that fuel subsidy protest, that kind of protest can never happen now.
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by mvem(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
kingzizzy:
Lol grin They laughed when it was IPOB. Now they are at the receiving end
who is at the receiving end...is there a particular tribe involved in today's protest...because that's Abuja and I don't see how a particular tribe are the only ones involved

4 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nairalandmonika: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

cheesy

The same Jonathan's government where teargas was fired at the National Assembly?

The same Jonathan's government where a journalist was jailed because he offended a certain favourite police officer of GEJ....and was only released when the current Oba of Lagos (who used to be said offcier's superior) intervened?

The same Jonathan's government where APC headquarters were invaded on flimsy excuses?

Buhari is bad, but GEJ was just as bad too. LOL.
So buhari came to continue from were Jonathan stop
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by 2cribz: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
God help me the day i find myself with a concealed weapon. I would first do youtube video training on how to reload a pistol in the fastest way possible within seconds and pop. Click click.. glock loading. Double action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPXF2Xh5Uw
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Yoighaman(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nemere2020:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/05/breaking-security-operatives-shave-revolutionnow-protesters-hair-knife-broken-bottle

They should continue, shebi their own children are not Nigerians and hopefully, their children's children will not be Nigerians. People are demanding good governance in a peaceful protest, you are there harassing them as if it is not for the good of you, your family and future generations. They should continue, their slavemasters have settled their own generations unborn, they are there fighting against the good of their own generations unborn because of the food on their table today, I can see they are wise...Kontinu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

U remember that fuel subsidy protest, that kind of protest can never happen now.

Well, since my view is that fuel subsidy should go and go completely, not even this partial removal that the Buhari and previously the GEJ government were doing...but total removal....my views towards the protests , back in 2012 and even now were negative.

(I didn't support the gej government, but there are times when sensible decisions call for support)

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by 9gerian: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
End of discussion!

These ones are not interested in good governance but nepotism, favoritism and blackmail.

The only justice that they know is their tribe. Anything outside of that is injustice (to them).

All that they complain of about the other parties and people; they are and most times much worse!

kikero:

Above is why we won't see change in Nigeria

Everybody knows that the current situation needs changing, but everyone is divided as to how the change should come

And thus, the status quo continues.

Plus, this guy is defending Jonathan. GEJ's government was just exactly like Buhari's government...corrupt, corrupt, corrupt, with mass insecurity. Which instead of handling they were blaming on the 'North'

Same way BMO is now blaming Sowore for 'instability today' (Yesterday, they were blaming 'certain people').

The guy I am quoting is just like the grills guy, all they want is their favoured guy in power. When their favored guy is not there...they complain about bad governance.

APC and PDP are the same. Nigerians they care not for.

3 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by mvem(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2020
Meninmen:
Lol. And they peacefully protested against GEJ govt.

Now, dem dey barb their hair with bottle under PMB grin grin grin grin.

When will they protest in Lagos? I thought they protested there during GEJ while one political party provided them Food and music. They should try it now. grin grin
This is Abuja na...are you saying no igbo person is involved or South Southerner are involved in the protest ?

3 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So buhari came to continue from were Jonathan stop

Correction...I have never voted for GEJ or Buhari, or their parties, or their precusors.

Nor do I support them.

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by mvem(m): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
frequencyyor:
una never see any thing, make I sit down for my house dey soak my garri, wetin ojukwu sit down seee 4up even if hundred westerner climb the highest mtn mass pool dey no go still st
wait you think the protesters are just Yorubas or what...the protest in Abuja had different ethnicities

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by damosky12(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

If you can mention any serious nation-wide protest that thrived under Buhari's govt, I'll take you seriously.

This is not about APC/PDP. It is about ideals. Jonathan was not perfect at all. But he was a natural Democrat.

Nigeria experienced a great deal of democratic privileges under Jonathan. Buhari's government is not concerned at all. Buhari's government is not a government you want to build on.

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by ProfAmaben(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kuginzi:

Keep it up, but you'll never achieve your aim without the South. So keep wailing

Seems you skipped your English classes, don't you know the meaning of wailing?

We don't need a United South, not with you serial betrayers. We'd rather pitch with the middle belters. Before the week runs out, over 3000 of your brothers would be in cells, oma sé ó, pélé.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by GreatGod2020(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Temptee101:

God is tired of you and your zoo country, pray for disintegration instead.

My God can never be tired..... Pray for your country and it shall be well with you, though things may seems bad now but I want you to know that there is hope for us in this country.
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by kokomilala(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
@meccuno, your post is as senseless as your thoughts. The fact that the SW supported Buhari doesn't make them senseless Can you name one sage from the rathole you came from that didn't benefit from the SW?
And while your forefathers were scouring your flea-infested villages, the SW were producing professionals that would later impact Nigeria and the world.

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by jstjde(m): 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
DEFINE NIGERIA///
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Ezmans: 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bkayyy:
Nice one grin They haven't seen nothing. Na to dey yab Ndigbo them Sabi.
"He that throws a stone to the sky be sure to wear iron helmet" not rubber o, ndi ara
Adebola good morning ooooooo
Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by MarcC: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Pussy asss revolution

E dey shame me say UNIBEN student dey talk like idiot like this ... Guy,Jonathan failed .. Buhari's evil intent weren't obvious.. People just didn't want him cos he was a northerner but that isn't enough reason.. Sowore like every other Nigerian voted Buhari but Buhari deceived us.. Now Buhari has shown how evil he is,should Sowore support an obvious evil ? Why are Nigerians like this ? Wat sort of stupid thinking na ?
Nigeria is becoming worse,instead of us to face the truth and seek a way out,we are here defending our politicians ... I don't support APC or PDP..

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles by Nairalandmonika: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

Correction...I have never voted for GEJ or Buhari, or their parties, or their precusors.

Nor do I support them.

Same here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Nigeria Is Better Without The Igbos" - Alaba Ajibola, Babcock University Staff / Adedeji Adeleke At The Burial Of Isaka Adeleke (Photo) / Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.