Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (61397 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Estherqueen50(f): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
First of all want to thank you for the courage you took to voice out your frustrations.
Every one in their 20s I assure you can relate to this,it is a phase in live that comes with so much pressure. we compare ourselves with our friend,family members, neighbors that are doing well or we think have left us behind.So it's not something new. But have you taken your time to compare yourself with those your situation is better compared to theirs. If you do that I bet you, you will have uncountable reason to give God praise and appreciate those around. Nobody is your class mate in the battle of Destiny. We all have our time to shine. So you just need to take our time to think...like you said about your past,let it go so you can think of a better tomorrow; unless you want to live in the shackles of self pity and won't do anything meaningful with your life.shake if the self pity,do not dwell on the former things.
Go back to God, you are not an atheist,you still care about heaven and hell that means you still have fear for God. Go back to him,he is your creator,he knows you better than you know yourself..He is the one that can give you the empowerment you need to confront life and I assure you a new beginning is yours.
Will be praying for you and every youth going through this. I pray that God will give you the courage to go pass through this phase of life.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by flyingpig: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
PharmD911:

Pls are you AkeNathan? You write like him and we kinda have the same story.
you're wise grin I fear your spirit walahi cheesy
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
flyingpig:
you have my diary
Your story is really sad. Man what we suffer in this country, just like you I was bullied and at the end I finally managed to get myself expelled (this I never regretted cause my last year in school was heaven compared to my old shithole of a school) written jamb thrice, this year did not even care if I would pass or not, and boom 245. My life seemed fully shitty to me till I dumped God and took up philosophy.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by BianoJay(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
YoutubeJJC:

Hi I can see you have more knowledge on sport. Please is it late at 22 to move to U.k to chase my football career? I want to sponsor myself to a better chances because our youths mostly don't get to leave the street over here.

It's not late at 22, bro. Just maybe you have to reduce your age a bit to like 19 on your official papers.

And, trust me, if you're really serious about making a headway in your football career, leave this country as soon as possible. If you are sure that you are good, at your age, move to one these European countries with weaker leagues; you can easily make a name for yourself there, and then naturally progress to better leagues. If I were you, I'd start with places like Norway, Estonia, and their likes.

But just stay focused and work hard; no matter how talented you are, you need discipline and hard work in order to standout.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Dezylaw: 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough. You may think that there's no way out from your grief or no light at the end of the tunnel of your depression, but you're wrong. It really does get better, even if you can't see that right now. Sometimes we just need to have faith.

I know, I say that like it's the easiest thing in the world. Unfortunately, it's not.
It is unimaginably hard to stay positive when all you feel is constant negativity. It takes hard work, a lot of strength, and a real desire to keep your head above water. And even that isn't always enough.

Grief is a process and there's no telling how much time it will take for you to get through it. It's exhausting and more often than not, you just feel like giving in to it. No matter your situation or how well you manage it on a day to day basis, just be courageous and be strong. An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great. learn your lesson and be focus bro. Never never give up!!!!!!!!!
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ManOfCompetence(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
Interesting, I just stumbled upon this thread, my story is very similar to that of the Op.. Gambling messed up my first year in school, I had to dropout and thought of taking my life and all that(let's leave long story abeg)..you should be grateful you gave up that gambling habit..it shows you're making progress(some of yours are still stucked to it despite the damages it's doing to us)...
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by okwypascal: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
All of una know say this guy na scam abi
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by themaestro08(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2020
YoungandDepress:

I regret my past daily. I think about it all the time but it does me no good. I have accepted my fate and moved on but like they say the evil that men do surely lives with them.
I'm suffering from the consequences of what I brought upon myself and pray life gets better for me.

Thank you for your advice.

"The evil that men do surely lives with them". I'm skeptical about that statement.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by MhizShantel(f): 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sysdatek:

PM
Will give u 100$ to trade along with me
You can earn 24usd a month on it

We all been there

Am really interested,,, would be very glad if u could guide �
At least I can have a little cash before school resumes....pls is not really easy for someone sponsoring herself in school
Thanks 08135330210 my num
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Kaydiscography(m): 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
If e easy bro, na setup..we go dey alright las las..just pursue your dreams ..and don't forget to take a bottle of beer
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by abbatoir(m): 4:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
Life..
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Scavvy: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
Entered a private uni 2012 spent 5 yrs, asked to leave, spent a year at open uni left, got my diploma in a federal uni last yr, was offered direct entry into 200 level this year, I'm 25 yrs, my immediate sis was inducted as a medical doctor this yr, my junior brothers are in 300 level and 100 level respectively, I'm the first born note, took a couple of weeks to just clear my head during this pandemic because I was really depressed and tired, only for me to get back to another set of pressure from relatives. Bruh nothing we fit do, other than to keep moving forward, it only takes "some minutes" for someone's life to change. Ahead ahead that's the main thing. Always making sure you're taking steps to move forward, we go all smile one day..
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Dayocold001: 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
jamesxay:
Hi OP I'm also your age, I also have passed through this, failing isn't a life, it's a temporary situation you could change, i am still facing issues today but going with God, seeing that he wants me to keep on trying and learning from my experiences and making sacrifices. I'm hopeful for my life and currently learning a profitable skill which I love and makes me happy.

Hit me up DM..I can add you to a group which were learning programming together.

Stay strong.
hey bro ... Sent you a dm
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2020
Mr Young, first you need to stop comparing your life with others. That way, you'll be happier. Second, you need to go back to Jesus, ask Him for direction and guidance. Third, you need to find your passion and developed it. Gradually, the money will come.

Don't be too harsh on yourself. As it is, you are trying.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by NewDelhi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
BigTableShaker:
Hehehe..

Kids have taken over our NL.
Kid wey no wan Hussle..
This is why bihari called em lazy ass eediots.

I started hustling at16, by the time I turned 22, I looked back and just smile.
I started from;
1. Universal Steel Company, (WAHUM) @N91/day.
2. Guiness Nigeria Plc, @N250/day
3. Peak Milk construction site @300/day
5. Caplux paints, Oba Akran.N600/day with free choice meal
6. Coca cola,
7. CMB.
8. Simba Construction site,
9. Bel Impex LTD
8. Mr. Biggs,
9. Harp,
10. Caterers
11. Security etc.. all as a fuckin manual labourer.

@ 22, I had 150k cash at hand and still living with my parents, the following year I got admitted into a Polytechnic, got HND at 27, continued the struggle as a P.A to one motherfhucker, as a Biologist yet I learned engineering trade at TVS tricycle company for 3months, Security guard at events, Bouncer at nite clubs, and now I'ma proud senior staff in Dangote Plc.
@35 years old, I bought my own car, got a family of my own, yet the struggle Continues..

Life is hard bro, but you were the fastest out of those billion sperm cells your father ejaculated that day.
Don't disappoint the cells that didn't make it.
Your life is a gift, don't throw it away- Make it count.

Get back to GOD now, cry to HIM "I am yours, SAVE me" and HE will send help your way, but you must anticipate by being active, don't sit your lazy ass down.

You will make it.

LIVE.

Lol life no hard. It's only hard to those who make it hard for themselves.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Martinez39s(m): 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2020
Regex:

Do you know if I've overcome mine and want to share with him how I overcame mine?

Or if I want to direct him to the person who helped me overcome mine?

Stop acting on your emotions like it's your only resort. Try logic first.
How can I reach you on WhatsApp?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by toozheen(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Take a cue from the variance in opinion proffered in reaction to you post and seek less self validation from people; You'll hate to admit that was what brought you here in the first place.
Remember that no two people will travel the same path in life and no one can stare you to the "right" path, they will eventually only dump on you the burden of staying on course.
We all are in the ocean to swim through the tide just to attain a fairly safer abode, our destination.
Rather than wishing things get better, you must get up and be Stronger.
I wish you the best in your endeavours.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by PharmD911: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2020
flyingpig:
you're wise grin I fear your spirit walahi cheesy
Lol bro, I've been noticing that since you commented on danielhouston thread. I hope we get in touch though.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Regex: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
Martinez39s:
How can I reach you on WhatsApp?

Mart I have your phone number. I'll contact you soon.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by chlowi(f): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2020
YoungandDepress

we all make mistakes , personally i have have blown up opportunities too.

For you to speak about it shows you want better for yourself and you are willing to make the effort.

Alot of people have written you privately, may the help / advice they proffer help you in your pursuit for happiness .

At 23 , the world is yours for the taking. you are stronger than you think , you just need to believe that and push yourself everyday. Not everyone one gets a second chance and from your write up , your parents are supportive. Please do not let them down. Life will definately present us with challenges , and in those challenges lies our self discovery, our strengths and weakness , it is a concious effort to ne better. Give life your best shot. Do not give up. You've got this!!!
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Mikenuelmike: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
All you need is JESUS for a secured destiny. No Matter how battered a life, it could be effectively arranged by the MASTER.
reach me on 08130149374

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by CsRockefeller(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
Estherqueen50:
First of all want to thank you for the courage you took to voice out your frustrations.
Every one in their 20s I assure you can relate to this,it is a phase in live that comes with so much pressure. we compare ourselves with our friend,family members, neighbors that are doing well or we think have left us behind.So it's not something new. But have you taken your time to compare yourself with those your situation is better compared to theirs. If you do that I bet you, you will have uncountable reason to give God praise and appreciate those around. Nobody is your class mate in the battle of Destiny. We all have our time to shine. So you just need to take our time to think...like you said about your past,let it go so you can think of a better tomorrow; unless you want to live in the shackles of self pity and won't do anything meaningful with your life.shake if the self pity,do not dwell on the former things.
Go back to God, you are not an atheist,you still care about heaven and hell that means you still have fear for God. Go back to him,he is your creator,he knows you better than you know yourself..He is the one that can give you the empowerment you need to confront life and I assure you a new beginning is yours.
Will be praying for you and every youth going through this. I pray that God will give you the courage to go pass through this phase of life.

Hello.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Peteru1st(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
bro, chat me up on what's app. 08135756785. We are currently going through the same challenge. Let's talk please.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by IMO01: 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2020
Greensquard:

Look youngman read everything I wrote carefully..let me tell u a story of a friend of mine who we schooled together back in uni in nija,he came from an average family got into cultism dropped out of school in 300level started yahoo and nothing big happened he became so broke,no one cared about him even his family abandoned him and he became a complete write off,his friends even started avoiding him and on somany occasions he walked all the way from town to karu in Abuja..i dnt know if u are familiar with Abj so imagine such distance u walk for hours cos u went to hustle in town and walking back home empty handed and weeping while walking,he even had to sell his last pot to all these ab.o.kis who buy metal scrap and junk for about 200naira just to feed and he was staying alone, rent don expire and to worsen the case he started hallucinating cos of the serious juju he did when we were in school then,the iyah that did the jazz for him started appearing to him when he decided to be born again..even i left him cos i got tired of him cos he became too agressive and confrontational when i tried to advice him...

He really suffered o but never gave up,today as im talking to u he is able to give tithe of 1million cash in church,has two big cars and is married with kids,owns properties in Abuja and doing very well..now let me tell u how he got his breakthrough,first u.must realise u have a problem and cant help urself without God so hold onto God and trash that atheism cos its the devil trying to worsen ur case..do u know the story of job in the bible at all?yet he was steadfast in his faith..u are just in ir 20s u never suffer like us or even Job so just relax.

Find urself a good church and fix urself,then find a hustle,trade or biz to do nomatter how little and be consistent..if my friend could walk such distance to town just to hustle for years then my brother u never even start o cos u still de relax chop mama food for house..so people saw his commitment both in church and Agis Abuja where he went to hustle and boom he helped someone buy a good land and thats how he blew overnight o..a church member relocated to the US and now sells properties there and my friend is his link in Abj and gets clienta to buy houses in America in dollars and gets his cut in millions,he even helped me when i bought a property in Abuja. And this is a story of just one of my friend...

Now let me gist u of another who was also a dropout in his 3rd year,he unfortunately has health issues sickle cell and he had different complications and his bones where affected for years he was bed ridden,no school,no job no money nothing,even if he wanted to hustle he couldnt cos he was not physically fit like u or my other friend who could walk long distances,the sick guy got so frustrated and suicidal and hated God and family and life,pushed everyone away from him and got addicted to cigarettes and drugs to help him with the physical pain of his deformed bones etc..

But gradually he picked up his faith in God got better after over a year and started walking like a new baby learning to walk all over again and then did online courses and Landed a small contract job with an international ngo and thats how he started growing o..as im talking to u,today he owns a hotel in Abuja and properties as well with a very nice car and life and would be married in a few days..so i hope u see the point here?NEVER give up..ur own no even near this two guys who are close friends of mine nobe say na story wey i hear,all these happened to my bossom friends in nija so i know..the devil will make u want to end ur life but dnt try it..

See do u know before a diamond and gold is made into a masterpiece of jewelry they pass through hot fire and hard processes but comeout as priced jewelry and treasure so its the same with life,u must pass through these inorder to value wealth and good life God will latter give u when it comes..and by then u would have learnt how to manage life and ur finances so u wont blow ur blessing on gambling so my brother u will be fine...

Stay strong life is NOT for the weak and faint of heart,so also is wealth o..but consistency and faith with a possitive attitude is the key..just try to find a hustle no matter how small even if na car wash or making shoes or palms my guy do am start somewhere and i bet u in a shortwhile u will be back here to write ur own story to encourage others..Goodluck and Godbless and keep u. And one thing u must know is do away with selfpity and thinking too much on ur mistakes,this life no be race o and nobe who start first de win o..somany people graduated and left their friends in abject poverty wishing to live the lives of their friends who have advanced ,but today some of those friends who advanced are either dead or the got stuck in a job of 80k or 100k while the one who was wishing to move as fast as his friend now is a boss with his own biz or outlived the other person so never look at another and wish to be in their shoes o..just polish ur own shoes and u dnt know those ur mates who have advanced and some even schooled abroad while u still dey house might endup coming to work for u in 5years time..

Do u know white men and people with doctorate degreea work for dangote?abi u never hear say Goodluck Jonathan no get shoes when him dey young ni?bros u still de flex make i just tell u so appreciate ur life and God has done for u..what do u want all these beggers on the streets who cant even walk but crawl on their bellies to beg to say?at least u are physically fit and can look up to a brighter future with love in it but people like that have even given up on ever finding love or dreaming of it let alone a good happy life yet them never kill themselves so my young brother stand gallant and thank God for ur own o..if u hear other people story u go go church give thanks to God cos let me tell u there is NOTHING that makes u better than them o yet God decided to show u mercy so be thankfull ok. Stay strong

Thanks your first paragraph hmmm

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Greensquard(m): 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2020
IMO01:

Thanks your first paragraph hmmm

Welcome bro..i know u might be in a similar situation but be strong and keep.pushing..no one will do it for u p except u..even ur mama get where she fit push u reach and stop but NEVER quit..u will be fine,change ur clique asap to reasonable mature guys..if u have 4millionaires as ur friend trust me it wont be long before u become the 5th..goodluck man

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by IMO01: 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
Greensquard:

Welcome bro..i know u might be in a similar situation but be strong and keep.pushing..no one will do it for u p except u..even ur mama get where she fit push u reach and stop but NEVER quit..u will be fine,change ur clique asap to reasonable mature guys..if u have 4millionaires as ur friend trust me it wont be long before u become the 5th..goodluck man

Thanks boss. You summarize my thoughts which mirror you dey use grin

Can I send you a mail?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
dis 1 wey everybody cum dae lament,, na 2 open thread name am 'depressed naija youths'make we all pour our frustrations there
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by chidiek: 11:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
VanTee20:

If you have a flair for writing articles or stories, I can connect you to people who will give you writing jobs steadily. If you are dedicated, you will make enough to get little things for yourself. If you could this post with your phone, then you can do writing jobs on your phone. Send me a DM if you are interested.

Hi ,I hope I'm not intruding but I'm really interested in what you mentioned about writing( I'm a student too). I sent you a mail but I don't really know how that works, so I was wondering if there's other means of contacting you?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by darepapi: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
We are born into depression, poverty, pain,agony&plight
Just don't make the attempt of committing suicide cause all am seeing here is depression which may later lead to anything
Please bro don't try anything stupid or funny
All this you wrote are just new born baby problem near mine if I tell you mine you'll think otherwise
Bro just keep praying hopefully God will answer you one day

Correct!
all what he mentioned are new born baby problem.
You need to hear what most of us have faced in life.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2020
[s]
Nooil:
I just knew more sob stories will come after that boy who posted about laborer work received plenty "I sent a dm, let me send you something."
[/s]
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by flyingpig: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
PharmD911:

Lol bro, I've been noticing that since you commented on danielhouston thread. I hope we get in touch though.
Lol so you trailed me down to that thread too?
Regardless, seems you finally chose Pharmacy?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
flyingpig:
Lol so you trailed me down to that thread too?
Regardless, seems you finally chose Pharmacy?
what is your zodiac sign?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video) / Snake In My Roof / ‘my Manhood No Longer Stands Erect’, Can't Have Sex:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.