Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (61385 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Premiumwriter: 10:41am On Aug 06, 2020
You want to fly when you're supposed to learn how to crawl.

You want to fly when you have not even started crawling.

I'm older than you and still about to start 100l.

Go and learn a skill. Your parents are supportive... I have no parents but I don't sit inside pitying myself.

I learned to write and buy all my clothes from the trade, give some money to my sisters for their cloths. Thank God my uncle helped with the skul fees.

I'm currently using this holiday period to learn Python for programming. Just started yesterday self.

The problem is you're lonely and bored and at the same time broke.

Go and learn a trade and stop complaining about your life. You expect manna to fall from heaven abi you hear say money de waka cum meet people for house?

Better start learning a trade and stop this pity story. I know guys on Facebook who dress better in the app than me, get more likes but beg me in real life for money.

What you see sometimes is not reality. Some are just mirage. All of us are struggling to survive. The only way out is to know your lane and remain there instead of lookin at other people in their own lane.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Dannonye(f): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2020
We need a support group

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Pweetyccee(f): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2020
Y not go and learn hand work than staying at home dear. It well with u sha

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by kleolouis(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2020
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by kleolouis(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2020
[quote author=Premiumwriter post=92513317]
You want to fly when you're supposed to learn how to crawl.

You want to fly when you have not even started crawling.

I'm older than you and still about to start 100l.

Go and learn a skill. Your parents are supportive... I have no parents but I don't sit inside pitying myself.

I learned to write and buy all my clothes from the trade, give some money to my sisters for their cloths. Thank God my uncle helped with the skul fees.

I'm currently using this holiday period to learn Python for programming. Just started yesterday self.

The problem is you're lonely and bored and at the same time broke.

Go and learn a trade and stop complaining about your life. You expect manna to fall from heaven abi you hear say money de waka cum meet people for house?

Better start learning a trade and stop this pity story. I know guys on Facebook who dress better in the app than me, get more likes but beg me in real life for money.

What you see sometimes is not reality. Some are just mirage. All of us are struggling to survive. The only way out is to know your lane and remain there instead of lookin at other people in their own lane.

make i come follow you de learn what's ur location

3 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by LabuleofNigeria: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2020
Dyu reside in Lagos ?
If Yes, pm me, lets be friends

3 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by jbreezy: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2020
Only if you know my story, you would have been more hopeful....I was supposed to graduate 8 years ago but I dropped out of school due to bad influences...My mom had to enroll me in a polytechnic to restrart...But with the determination of not wanting to become a failure again, I made distinction in my n.d and went to uni again via d.e...I'm now a first class student in engineering preparing to travel abroad for my masters..Brother, it's not too late for you to have your life back...Since you are the intelligent type, tighten yur sleeves and make your parents proud again..

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by padi94(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2020
flyingpig:
yes I want to discuss privately with him to let him know of my own conditions, he thinks he's having it tough, wait till he hears my own story. I can't share it here. Maybe he'll feel special after hearing worse stories. Pm me bro.

Sir share your story anonymously here, you may want to help just 1 person but by sharing it here you will actually hell over a 100 people

5 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fake story;all for attention
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by denvers: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Please op stay strong, most people got worser conditions, am 29 without job and money, I'm just resuming a tutorial job tommorow (part time), I began programming late last year, I know with more practice and projects, the sky is my limit.

You are still young and can start by identifying what you love doing. Go and learn it. It will consume your thoughts and you will be productive and happy again without even knowing that you are transformed.

5 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
gigante:
Brother please calm down, like you I'm a law undergraduate in 300 level at the same age with you. Yes admission frustrated me, i sat for jamb 4/5 times. Please calm down.

As for broke, aren't we undergraduates all broke? I know you feel like a failure but please calm down. Are you on WhatsApp? Can we talk privately?

Counsel how you dey....

Ubi jus ibi remedium
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

CC... Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44.

angry grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're living a very good life bro.....awnnnnn❤️...

I like how you are currently....

grin grin grin grin grin

Very very wonderful period of your life...

Well, don't wonder why I'm happy for you

Based on God, just leave him.... you're not wrong in hating him....... But keep him aside.....

See bro....

Firstly remove suicide from agenda....

Now, let yourself to be broken.... don't force it to be healed.....

I'm happy you know your past....in as much as a that past can affect thr present, but it doesn't for all decide the future.....

Now you're broken, you need to look at your life.....

Take out your eyes and place them infront of you...

Look into yourself beyond the flesh......

Ask yourself who you are, who you want to be....ask yourself if you've really lived as you should.....

Define what you want.....if you fail to define what you want, you'll never understand when to stop or how to do something.....

Please stop comparing yourself......some of your mates are dead as well.....so please focus on yourself.....no two persons travel the same road......we all have our problems ....not everyone tells people their problems.......

Hold on to your mom as she trust you .....I tell you that you don't need anything much again.....but the trust of your mom is extremely powerful it is something that is sought all over the earth.... luckily you have it.....whenever you need help, tell her.....she gave birth to you and she knows alot of you.....

As I said earlier, define your purpose on Earth .....define your boundaries define what you want anf how you want it......school doesn't determine success neither does riches.......what determines success is the ability to achieve what the soul wants which is why you must define your purpose....

You made mistakes in the past, don't let them hold you....stand on top of them and strive more for success........

I dunno what else to say this is my one spoon of water.....you can more questions wink

3 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
flyingpig:
yes I want to discuss privately with him to let him know of my own conditions, he thinks he's having it tough, wait till he hears my own story. I can't share it here. Maybe he'll feel special after hearing worse stories. Pm me bro.

It doesn't stop him from airing his problems.....we all think we are worse till we hear from others but it doesn't mean we shouldn't complain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ThothHermes: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
It's called process.

Download and listen to Joshua Selman messages.
This goes to all the other complainers on the thread also.

8 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
DamonSalvatore:
My matter pass your own
The day i wanted to commit suicide but couldn't... I started commending people that did....such bravery

I see myself as useless.. Moreover I'm the first born.. Many responsibilities .. No clothes.. Just two jeans..

School ma na useless course.. With frustrating lecturers ontop

Just find something that gives you small joy.. For me na trolling
Hold on.. As far as we de breathe life go better one day

Nigeria no get head

Dum Spiro Spero
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
poiunt:
Your approach to life is surprising... You are just 23 years of age...lot of time to explore life and get to know what works for you.

all over the world gambling is addictive..thank god, you know it is at 23 years old....my friend buckle yourself up..finish your education...you still have lot of things upward for you...why waste your youthful age regretting about nothing..move on

Aswrrrrrrrr.....at this age, we have the space to make mistakes but not to regret

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
micfoley:
My brother , take it easy o. Believe me, no matter how bad your story is, people are going through worse. Some people have offered to speak to you, please take up their offer.

Most importantly, please find your way back to Christ. The most striking thing about your write up is that there is no peace in your heart. I may not know much about Christianity, but I know from experience that your heart will no longer be troubled once you find Jesus.

May God bless you as you rediscover yourself in Him

In as much as I appreciate your help, but I disagree with part of your comment....

Life moves on......
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Karlifate:
YoungandDepress, I'm not a motivational speaker but I'll try to encourage you with these few words of mine.
Firstly, life ain't fair, so don't expect it to be. Accept that you've made mistakes in the past & turn them to life-long lessons. Stop beating yourself up over what you cannot change. The past is the past, you have the present, use it to change the future.
Secondly, have you ever thought that you're still alive for a reason? Discover that reason. It will you give you more insight about who you are. Confidence is not accidental, it is a resultant of something. That "something" may mean an achieved purpose.
Lastly, everyone needs a 'hope' to hold on to, that's why some people choose God cos it gives that hope they crave for. Don't give up cos you'll look back to laugh at this day.
Take care!

Even though say I no be Christian, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Karlifate: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Xavfra:

Even though say I no be Christian, God bless you
Amen.

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Hed0nist: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
If you keep looking back, your journey forward can not go smoothly.

In all you have written it shows that you've never looked at what you have now. Only what you could have had.

You complain that no one cares about you, yet you push them away.

You're in 200level not stuck in 200level.

You are punishing yourself for things that your parents have forgiven you for.

The first thing is to be grateful for your second chance.

You're older and wiser in 200level, what advantage does that give you? Use it.

Stop looking at others around you, what they think, how your current classmates are younger or how your agemates are further in life. If not you'll be miserable forever.

If you want to progress in this your current situation, reason like this:
You've done what is to you the ultimate fucck up. What is there to lose again. With that thought in mind, throw your pride away till you've achieved enough to deserve pride. Do manual labor if you're flat broke, you have no pride. Start thinking about the future. Make sure every decision and action is geared toward a better future.

If you can do these the world is yours. That's if untimely death doesn't take you away first.

Source: Your casting no even reach to touch the Hem of some of our fucck ups but still we move.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AlphaSegzy01(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
I feel for you cos we have some things in common. I am 26,was the best in class in my childhood days. But coming from a poor home messed things up for me. I wrote WAEC twice, NECO thrice, JAMB seven times(my last score was 289) but no money to go to school till now. I have to struggle every inch of the way. But I have never lost faith and hope in God. Winners never quit. My situation has forced me to be tougher & stronger (No situation I can't adapt to or job I can't do). I never will give room for depression because I know I am destined for Greatness. I see my sufferings as lessons & pain as experiences.Reconcile with God, Read inspirational books, Change your mindset, then you will the positivity in every negativity. Everyone has a story. Never give up.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
KingPipmarshall:

I understand how you feel because I have been through such thoughts before. We age mates.

At 19, I lost my mom, few months later I lost my friend. At 22 I got withdrawn from pharmacy school in the university.

I hated myself and didn't like the way things were going. I stopped believing in God and many things. I accepted my fate.

Here are the things I did that got me on a journey to achieving my goals.

1) I asked myself, what is my purpose ( I don't have the answer yet)
2) I found a hobby that got me engaged and active( forex trading). Learn a high income skill, you can get free courses on udemy.com
3) I started early morning workouts. 6am-6:30am( health is wealth)
4) I set goals( gave me a sense of something to aim for each month)
5) I cut away my friends, family and stopped watching TV( only your parents care about you)
6) I started reading ( after my withdrawal from. Pharmacy school, I had all the time in the world and I read somewhere that readers are leaders. I don't know if that is true)

Also you are 23 for Christ sake...no one expects you to have a car or a millionaire naira in your name. The time is on your side, you have 30, 40, 50 and many more years to celebrate on earth.

My step mom gave me this advice: " The foundation of a sky scraper goes deep into the ground, you don't know what plans God has for your life"

Face your challenges SQUARELY. Stop visiting nairaland, visit Quora.com instead.

I hope this helps

Thanks man, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Rickmann:

Calm yourself my brother....you are still young and its never too late for things to take shape.It's a good thing u are no longer a slave to gambling and going back to school is the best thing you've done for now. But then,now is the time to focus on ur education and forge your future.like u said , ur parents still believe in you please do not let them down..I would suggest you take up a part-time job so as to help u through school and you ll stop being broke. Make friends, watch movies/football, attend church services on Sunday's, listen to music and u ll see life should'nt be as hard as u take it. Wish you well my brother.
Thanks bro.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Arrogantbro(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Send me a DM.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Charmingrascal:

Firstly you are blaming God for what you did to yourself.

Questioning God why your life is like this after you admitted to have wasted a golden opportunity of getting admission into the University at a very tender age of 16.
Let me tell you God shouldn't be blamed for ur failure, blame urself and retrace ur steps.

It is normal to feel depressed but don't allow depression overwhelm u.
Get a handwork that you can learn within six months, you are always depressed because you are alone and doing nothing.

There is always a second chance, some people even get up to Fifth chances.
The second chance you have now is ur mum who still believe in you and still finance ur education even after messing up at first she wants you to be great.
I remember when I had extra year because of my project supervisor who hated me so much it was only my mum who believed in me, even some of my siblings believed the issue I had was more than project they believed I have been expelled or perhaps I had many carry overs which I was hiding from them but only my mum believed me like ur mum is doing now (Mothers are worth more than gold).

So my friend take the advice I have giving you and let me also remind you that don't let any girl distract you, that was one of the mistakes I made then.

The fact is if you are able to graduate from Nigeria University without bowing to peer pressure of smoking, partying, gambling, womanizing, and joining any fraternity then nothing can change you again.

My guy we all make mistakes but don't let ur past weigh u down.
The future is bright, make Mama proud.

With love from the side

Thanks man, I don't actually blame God for what happened in my past but I do question him for some other things that happen in my present.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
VanTee20:
Gambling is fairly easy to stop. Just go to the bet shop one day without cash and start to predict games. Calculate the losses you would have incurred if you had gone with money. Do this multiple times and that should be enough to open your eyes. Do you really think you can get rich playing virtual games? Money flows in the direction of value that you provide. What value do you provide by playing virtual games? You are merely placing your happiness, your hopes in the hands of some 2D characters moving around on the screen. Characters that have been programmed to make the company gain more and to make the bettors lose their money.
God is not your problem, bro. You are your own problem. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. It is true that you can't change the past, so you must not let it weigh you down. Reminisce on your past solely for the lessons you have to learn, not to regret. At 23, you are still in the morning stage of your life.
As for being an undergraduate at your age, I don't see anything wrong in it. Are you the oldest in your department? I'm sure you are not. Even if you are, what does it matter? What if you see your age as an advantage? Unlike most of your teenage colleagues, you have experienced more in life. It would be easy for you to understand that school life is beyond academics. Getting a side hustle, cultivating valuable relationships and networks, discovering your talents and using them appropriately, learning in demand skills, all these things are just as important as studying your courses while you are in school.
Your mates that you are comparing yourself to are completely different people with different life journeys. Live your life, bro. It's not by who left school first or who served first or who started living large first. The future is pregnant, you don't know where God or life is taking you.
If you have a flair for writing articles or stories, I can connect you to people who will give you writing jobs steadily. If you are dedicated, you will make enough to get little things for yourself. If you could this post with your phone, then you can do writing jobs on your phone. Send me a DM if you are interested.

I have sent you a mail sir
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Xavfra:

angry grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're living a very good life bro.....awnnnnn❤️...

I like how you are currently....

grin grin grin grin grin

Very very wonderful period of your life...

Well, don't wonder why I'm happy for you

Based on God, just leave him.... you're not wrong in hating him....... But keep him aside.....

See bro....

Firstly remove suicide from agenda....

Now, let yourself to be broken.... don't force it to be healed.....

I'm happy you know your past....in as much as a that past can affect thr present, but it doesn't for all decide the future.....

Now you're broken, you need to look at your life.....

Take out your eyes and place them infront of you...

Look into yourself beyond the flesh......

Ask yourself who you are, who you want to be....ask yourself if you've really lived as you should.....

Define what you want.....if you fail to define what you want, you'll never understand when to stop or how to do something.....

Please stop comparing yourself......some of your mates are dead as well.....so please focus on yourself.....no two persons travel the same road......we all have our problems ....not everyone tells people their problems.......

Hold on to your mom as she trust you .....I tell you that you don't need anything much again.....but the trust of your mom is extremely powerful it is something that is sought all over the earth.... luckily you have it.....whenever you need help, tell her.....she gave birth to you and she knows alot of you.....

As I said earlier, define your purpose on Earth .....define your boundaries define what you want anf how you want it......school doesn't determine success neither does riches.......what determines success is the ability to achieve what the soul wants which is why you must define your purpose....

You made mistakes in the past, don't let them hold you....stand on top of them and strive more for success........

I dunno what else to say this is my one spoon of water.....you can more questions wink

Thanks bro. I appreciate.
I can relate to everything you said but sometimes I just feel lost again.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Send me a DM.

I tried to send you a mail sir but it didn't work.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
flyingpig:
I want to know your story, not to laugh at or make mockery of you, I'm only interested.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hed0nist:
If you keep looking back, your journey forward can not go smoothly.

In all you have written it shows that you've never looked at what you have now. Only what you could have had.

You complain that no one cares about you, yet you push them away.

You're in 200level not stuck in 200level.

You are punishing yourself for things that your parents have forgiven you for.

The first thing is to be grateful for your second chance.

You're older and wiser in 200level, what advantage does that give you? Use it.

Stop looking at others around you, what they think, how your current classmates are younger or how your agemates are further in life. If not you'll be miserable forever.

If you want to progress in this your current situation, reason like this:
You've done what is to you the ultimate fucck up. What is there to lose again. With that thought in mind, throw your pride away till you've achieved enough to deserve pride. Do manual labor if you're flat broke, you have no pride. Start thinking about the future. Make sure every decision and action is geared toward a better future.

If you can do these the world is yours. That's if untimely death doesn't take you away first.

Source: Your casting no even reach to touch the Hem of some of our fucck ups but still we move.

Thanks bro. Your words are encouraging. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
I have actually tried to look for a manual monthly pay job but could not find any within my locality.

It's just as if things are working against my favour.
I have tried so much in being a better person but every step I take still goes in the wrong direction.

I'm not a lazy person. I have so much will to become better, one minute I'm beaming with positive energy, the next Second, I feel lost and dark. The energy is all gone.

7 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Send me a DM.

Just sent you a DM sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Man Discovers Old Naira Notes Left Behind By His Grand Dad For Them / Ebonyi Woman Wants Her Marriage Dissolved Over Sex / Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.