Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (61400 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
All I know is, you would look back someday and smile... you would laugh so hard at how close you were to giving up.

Keep pushing..

5 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by omobacyprus(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
If you have any digital skill whatsoever hit me up, I'll get you an approved Upwork account for free. That can start you up.

Stop the comparison. This life na race. It's society that's making you think that way. It's good for them today does not mean it won't still be better for you.

7 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
My story is quite a sad and long one.
I wish I could write it all out. My life has been a terrible mess.
Where did it go wrong for me, I have no idea.

I am writing with so much emotion, my heart is full and heavy.
Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
A 16 years old boy in the university, so much freedom and exposure.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.
All my mates I started with have done their NYSC.

I'm still stuck in the same stage.
I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I have no true friends. Nobody checks on me, nobody calls me.

At this age, I can't boast of having 500 naira in my account.
I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.
My elder ones are graduates, but no solid job yet.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.
I have disappointed them a lot.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

At 23 years, I have no idea what I will do with my future.
I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

What is wrong with me, why am I miserable?

I have no good clothes. My clothes are all worn out.
I have nothing doing, i live off my parents.

Since schools were shut down, I have been at home doing nothing.
Completely broke, damaged and miserable.

Can my life be any better. What do I do. I am depressed.
I keep asking myself these questions but there
Seem to be no answer.

There are lots of angles to this and lots of approaches, but before dismantling your life with a view to servicing the parts and rebuilding it properly it is best to unplug it from the mains to keep everyone safe.

You have a serious problem of/with materialism. I gather that much from your presentation. It reeks all over with it....and you have turn those impulses off. You have to deal with that before attempting to dismantle your life or you will never be able to do it.

The good news is that you are still flying straight and level in life.... but for how long before gravity takes hold and ypu go out there to do something really stupid that will change the course and be impossible to come back from.

Deal with your challenge of materialism first. You must begin to be a person of VALUES, VALUES, VALUES. That is what gives the ordinary human being the direction and impetus (impulse) to move forward in life...in any meaningful way.

6 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by golddare: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.

I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

Seem to be no answer.

Dont worry you will be fine, the fact that you are not comfortable with where you are I will say you getting set for where you need to be. Be determined to weather the storm, you are not the first to fail in life, prophets, Apostles, great men and women once failed in life. Just smile look up, refocus and shine. Never give up.

3 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by leeikem(m): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin grin Idiot!

internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ManishSmith(m): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
I made 1.2cgpa in my 100l I almost ended it by throwing my self off our 2 storey building, 200l I made 1.6cgpa I never gave up. I graduated at the age of 27, but today i know am blessed to a greater extent even though am not there yet. Just don't give up stay alive and fight another day!

YoungandDepress the best you can do to yourself is stop being pessimistic, rather be optimistic the future is very bright.
Enter street pick a legit hustle find joy in doing it there is dignity in labor. Stop comparing yourself with your peer be focused and be humble you don't know who is watching you. Note this your mate might be driving a car today but tmrw you might be driving fleets of cars.

Stop seeing yourself as less human rather see yourself as the maker of your own FATE you can become the president I starts with having a positive mindset!

16 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by helinues: 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Life is not fair to everyone.. Get your self productive not just busy..

Make research about freelancing, data entry, survey, Solving captcha, referrals program online... At least you should be making something from that weekly

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
DamonSalvatore:
My matter pass your own
The day i wanted to commit suicide but couldn't... I started commending people that did....such bravery

I see myself as useless.. Moreover I'm the first born.. Many responsibilities .. No clothes.. Just two jeans..

School ma na useless course.. With frustrating lecturers ontop

Just find something that gives you small joy.. For me na trolling
Hold on.. As far as we de breathe life go better one day

Nigeria no get head
jabhunter grin
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by LyfeJennings(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Calm down boy
U will catch up with ur mates
U will even do better than most
I'm 35 and am more confused than U are

3 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Ernchibyke(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
I was like that bro...I had to leave the past in the past, I tenaciously clinged to God through a campus fellowship NIFES and focused on my studies. Graduated at age 25 with a firstclass...
Will soon start my masters hoping to be a lecturer someday, but most of my mates who finished NYSC then, believe me I'm way better than them. Financially God blessed. I was broke than you.

Trust God bro, it ll all end in Praise!

6 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AfroKnight: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
23 is still very very young. Some people didn’t even get admission to study medicine before 23 and now they are doctors chopping money in the UK and US.

There’s hope o.

Don’t give up. You have a whole life ahead of you to enjoy.

Cc: YoungandDepress

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by elganzar(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

Bro what you're feeling is normal...

I was like this (broke) about 4 months ago too, I'm 24yrs...Maa fo

Pick up a small job for the main time... (Petrol attendant, POS, pure water factory job) just first aim at putting your bank account on 5 digits...gradually you'll increase it

What state do you reside?

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Bojass: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Just be grateful for life,you still get parent.spending on you pls dont disgrace them alot of side hustle plenty i can teach u how to be selling data and give u some refferal works

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by reiddecuti: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
How can I contact U? Will like to chat.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Guy calm down jare
Peer Pressure
Person wey dey work self dey broke
It's all hitting everyone so bad
Calm down to get good result out of school b4 you blame yourself more more
Some no even get money go university gan self
Fara burúkú baale
37 year old man still dey dey battle Npower job

9 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
You are on the path to greatness my brother .

2 Likes

YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

Calm down.

U are on the right track.

Besides many of ur course mates are over 30 years old.

WHAT BUSINESS DO U THINK U CAN DO??

WHAT N WHAT DO U LOVE DOING NATURALLY??

All u need is patience.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Geonigga(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
My brother just calm down because we all have stories to tell. If I tell u my story, you will know that urs is just a leisure.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Akinlafe: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
My brother i was once in your shoes,i used to be a brilliant back in my secondary school but things changed i was addicted to so many things,i had friends that influenced my life negatively,i got admitted into unilorin in 2012 dropped out in 2013 admitted again in 2014 but blew everything up again.
But then I had to retrace my step, focused more on the important things and remembered who i am.

Please seek your creator.

Sorry bro

3 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Olamilekxy(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
@op this for you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by BlessedBoss(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Find something to do, even if it's a menial job atleast to be able to run your personal expenses.
It'd help you take away your mind from some of these thoughts.

Nairalanders help me check my thread, I need your advice please.
Although already making progress.

https://www.nairaland.com/5942073/how-sort-life-out
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by simplex2: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
When someone shares a story like this, he needs compassion and empathy; not you sharing your own equally terrible story as if it is to cheer him up.

Stop sharing your equally sad story, it does nothing but dampen the morale of the OP and every other person. Suffering is not something to be boastful about. I understand you are trying to cheer him up, but your sad story isnt going to do that.

5 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by RuddyFusion(m): 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Calm down you have your life in front of you and many dream goal post to HIT.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by nNEOo(m): 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

ain't we all passing through one thing or the other DM let talk,I will offer you friendship.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Ttonediva: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sorry bro
I have been there and in fact am still dealing with depression once in a while.
I'm the first born and a girl at that, I was supposed to have finished school long ago but I'm still in school ,final year tho.

My parents are not financially buoyant and as it is now I fend for myself and I do envy the rich too but then the rich also cries

My advice is that you should look for a handwork to learn or a computer skill nd become a freelancer and channel all the pain you feel to being the best at it and learn to love doing it too.
Trust me you will laugh last .

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Akharmony: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
Aww!

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by judedwriter(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

I am going spiritual:

God has a glorious destiny for your life, never compare your life with others.

Now the major problem is that many people have lost their destinies to the devil and his evil agents.

This is why we see so many people suffering endlessly in life and confused in life.

But firstly, what is destiny? It is God's expectations for your life. It is God's will for your life. It is His good pleasure for creating you.

Mostly, God expresses His destiny for our lives by blessing us. Your destiny is the embodiment of God's blessings. If anything tampers with your blessings, tampers with your destiny.

The devil has stolen the blessings and destinies of many, this is why they suffer so much in poverty and failure.

Seek God's blessings mainly by spending more time to read your Bible, praising Him very well and giving generously to the church.

Your stolen destiny and blessings will be restored.

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by elisho: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
you're ok what' about we that is 40yrs nothing to show for

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by rayshee2(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Acode: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
Am 29...and I did worst than u... Bet9ja included.. I dropped out at 300level due to addiction to gambling... I was also suicidal till I realized something...

All I need to do, Is find a purpose to live... And pursue it.. I used to teach before lockdown.. Now am jobless..

Am far away from my family.. I hardly check on my friends.. Am jst waiting for that spark dat would spur me into renewed sense of living on purpose... So brother cheer up.. Once there's life there is hope....

Did I also add, my parent constantly shame me which is my only worry

4 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Hummel94: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kissiemu:
And you came to Nairaland where people that know what they want to do with their lives abi?

...I don't even know what to tell you.

Actually He said He doesn't have anyone to Talk to..
so Grab

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video) / Snake In My Roof / ‘my Manhood No Longer Stands Erect’, Can't Have Sex:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.