Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Boy Killed By Police Because Of Face Mask - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boy Killed By Police Because Of Face Mask (180 Views)

Abia Polytechnic Lecturer Killed By Car Carrying Iron Gate (Graphic Pics) / Small Boy Killed A Big Python With Cutlass In Anambra - Facebook User (Photos) / Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boy Killed By Police Because Of Face Mask by KingRoiz: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2020
All I could remember was a verse in a song, sang by Fela Anikulakpokuti " them bring sorrows, tears and blood, them regular trademark... "

This sad incident happened today afternoon at Ikono LGA in Akwa Ibom State, crazy enough it happened just beside the Ikono General hospital.

So, a group of Police men had stormed the area as usual, like some special forces squard & MIB agents... Like action film.. They mounted a road block with bamboos and tyres and carried on on their craze of extorting passengers who didn't wear face masks- they have really been obviously cashing out during this Corona "business festival"....

One could see some passengers( who obviously had forgot their face masks or something like that) divert or return, on sighting the policemen from afar off.

Having past them and I went into the hospital, all I heard were loud shouts, I believed it must be an argument between the police and a passerby or so, for that's the case mostly when some passengers will insist on not bribing their way out or not agreeing to pay the full amount...

Next thing I heard was screeching tires and a boom, then shouts... an accident had occurred and amazingly, the policemen ran into their vehicle others on bike and zoomed off...

Finally they had attained their core purpose, -The death of another well meaning Nigerian Youth. There it was, a dead body lying on one side of the road with blood all over and another person rolling on the floor and shouting...

The police didn't even think of carrying the dead, (peradventure his life could be saved) into the hospital which was just by the road, they just wasted a life and ran away...

My problem with this is that it is getting too rampant in Nigeria.

Why do the Nigerian Police Force keep causing deaths of the citizens? It makes a point that they cause more harm, than good- generally speaking.

Why can't the Senate address this issue once and for all? A reasonable bill being passed, can make a difference...

If its not SARS that will brutalize someone for something completely obnoxious it will be one senseless excuse on accidental discharge...

The NPF sure needs to be put in the right perspective as to what they exist for and the correct rules of engagement.

R. I. P to the dead...

(1) (Reply)

Stroller Safety: Tips For Parents / Nigeria Was Great "Generational Curse" / See 8 Life Question That Dont Have Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.