Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Edomustmoveforward!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edomustmoveforward!!! (146 Views)

Edomustmoveforward!!! / #poisimpleagenda Is A New Hope For #edomustmoveforward / Edomustmoveforward!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edomustmoveforward!!! by Kennethosas: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2020
Edo 2020: Yet Another Edo Legislator -Hon Emmanuel Agbaje Endorses Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu for Governor , denies collecting bribe to remain in APC.

The Lawmaker representing Akoko-Edo II in the Edo State House of Assembly, Hon Emmanuel Agbaje has endorsed the candidature of the APC Candidate for the September ,19th Edo State Governorship Elections-Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu,just as he has denied the allegation by the Edo State Deputy Governor, Comrade Philip Shaibu that he demanded money to defect to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. He also debunked the statement that he later collected N40 million to remain in the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Shaibu reportedly made the allegation when he went to campaign in Ososo which is the home town of the Lawmaker.

Agbaje is among the three current sitting lawmakers that have pledged their support for the APC governorship candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu,thereby depleting the support base of the outgoing Governor Godwin Obaseki ,who has just 7 Legislators with him ,out of the 24 Members elected into the Edo State House of Assembly.The APC Candidate Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has 17 Legislators out of the 24 on his side ,going into the September,19th ,2020 ,Edo State Guber Polls .

A statement recently by Hon Emmanuel Agbaje accused the Deputy Governor of resorting to “dangerously cooked up lies unbefitting and unbecoming of a holder of that high office” as a cover-up for unfulfilled promises made to Ososo people by Obaseki and Shauibu ,who he said voted them massively four years ago.

He challenged Shaibu to mention what they have done for the people.

Agbaje said, “Even if there is nothing to campaign with, lying is not integrity. Deputy Governor, I never demanded any money from you nor did I receive any money from my party. My conscience can never be for sale. It would have been better if you told Ososo people what you have done for them”.

The lawmaker urged his teeming supporters and constituents to ignore such cheap lies.

The lawmaker had last Friday in Igarra ,while addressing his supporters pledged his support for the APC Candidate for the Edo Guber Elections-Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

He said, “The only time I can remember that I was a true House of Assembly member was the first year and five months and that was when Comrade Adams Oshiomhole was Governor. In that one year and five months, Adams Oshiomhole approved our constituency projects.

“I cited one in Ward One, (Town Hall), the second one in Ward 8, Enwan Mixed Grammar school and the third one in Ososo comprehensive High school; they are all there, uncompleted.”

(1) (Reply)

Reps Summon Past, Current Finance Minister To Account For N1.7 Trillion Social I / Opinion: Obiano, Mercenaries And The Deputy / President Buhari Approves Last Evacuation Flight For Stranded Nigerians In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.