Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? (63784 Views)

Some Commonly Mispronounced Words. / 21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / 10 More Pairs Of Commonly Confused Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
RealEzee:
Chaii and u miss the Avatar, Naruto b Dat

I do not think I missed them, I think I just didn’t watch them. I am an opportunistic tv-watcher. If I stumble on it and a scene draws my attention, I will watch. If it stars an actor I like, I will watch. Anything else and I wouldn’t even mind or feel like I missed out on anything.

Sometimes I forget their names and I would need to see the characters or some scenes to remember. I am that terrible. grin

I saw Avatar and Naruto, I didn’t watch them though. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by ednut1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
pocohantas:
3— Alligator and Crocodile

Pic 1: Crocodile
Pic 2: Alligator (Alligators are darker)
Pic 3: Boss moves
Pic 4: Somewhere in Epe, Lagos, Nigeria. Some people see premium meat, some Himalayan Birkin...conservationists would be enraged.

no alligator in africa. Pissed when people say there is alligator in 9ja
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:

You know your comment to someone who called a crocodile a cayman, was what made me add it to my list. The anger was subtle but obvious to me. I laughed and left the thread. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by ednut1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
pocohantas:

You know your comment to someone who called a crocodile a cayman, was what made me add it to my list. The anger was subtle but obvious to me. I laughed and left the thread. cheesy cheesy
i stopped arguing with people in real life as regards animals. Once saw a monitor lizard opposite my area as they were clearing the land. . The so called engineer argued with me ehn that he has Alligators at home as we were discussing. Even all the crocodiles in Lagos are west African crocs. A specie that rarely takes on humans. The nile croc that can kill a human being is still up north or places along river Niger
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Shukusheka(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ishilove:

See as you are just confusing me. In fact, all of them are lion angry
Ishilove my love, how are you doing? Long time. I see you sell pepper for a living now. cheesy
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Shukusheka(m): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
NewDelhi:

There's no such animal called black panther. They are usually cougars with a genetic disorder.
Actually they are usually Leopards or Jaguars.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by mautex22(f): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
You are too much
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Puvo: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:
i stopped arguing with people in real life as regards animals. Once saw a monitor lizard opposite my area as they were clearing the land. . The so called engineer argued with me ehn that he has Alligators at home as we were discussing. Even all the crocodiles in Lagos are west African crocs. A specie that rarely takes on humans. The nile croc that can kill a human being is still up north or places along river Niger

Learnt something new
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:

How? E dey rear am? Lmao!!

That one concern you @ not arguing on animals. I was writing some wildlife myths. I come include shark. If you like, carry your big head come tell me NO again, I no go answer you. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Heavance(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
pocohantas:
1— Leopard and Jaguar

Pic 1: Leopard
Pic 2: Jaguar

Pic 3: Black panther and his leopardess spouse. An article I read said they have been together for 4yrs. Some of you can’t even stay 1yr grin.

Pic 4: What is happening here?
The habitat easily makes me identify Jaguar from Leopard.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Ishilove: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Shukusheka:
Ishilove my love, how are you doing? Long time. I see you sell pepper for a living now. cheesy
Shakushaku my honey pie, where have you been all this while? cheesy

Pepper in which market?
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Ishilove: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:
Actually, there is. It seems our Nigerian brethren ate the last one-

https://www.nairaland.com/3375436/alligator-caught-gbagada-lagos-used

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Shukusheka(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ishilove:

Shakushaku my honey pie, where have you been all this while? cheesy

Pepper in which market?
Shakushaku Wtf grin

Your Dp
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by ednut1(m): 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ishilove:

Actually, there is. It seems our Nigerian brethren ate the last one-

https://www.nairaland.com/3375436/alligator-caught-gbagada-lagos-used
West african crocodile not alligator

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Ishilove: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Shukusheka:
Shakushaku Wtf grin

Your Dp
Shakushaku is easier to pronounce grin

Fresh pepper, fresh fruits, fresh everything. You name it wink
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Shukusheka(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:
I think she was being sarcastic.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Ishilove: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:
Wow. So that small thing is a croc?? Wonders embarassed
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Ishilove: 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Shukusheka:
I think she was being sarcastic.
I wasn't. I genuinely did not know what those hungry Nigerians ate was a croc, not a 'gator.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by micfoley: 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wonderful and educative thread. Thanks very much OP!

We need more threads like these on front page
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Heavance:

The habitat easily makes me identify Jaguar from Leopard.

What if there is no clear habitat? What if it is a black panther? How do you tell if it is a leopard or jaguar? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Millennialaku(m): 4:18am On Aug 07, 2020
Kaycee7:
The Indomie generation literally grew up with that show.
ever heard of sarcasm undecided undecided? ....... i guess you don't visit nairaland often
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

What if there is no clear habitat? What if it is a black panther? How do you tell if it is a leopard or jaguar? cheesy cheesy

black jaguars have bigger heads.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:29am On Aug 07, 2020
What about a donkey and a mule.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Kaycee7(m): 6:30am On Aug 07, 2020
Millennialaku:

ever heard of sarcasm undecided undecided? ....... i guess you don't visit nairaland often
Ah! This new defence. Any mistake you people make these days automatically becomes sarcasm.

6 Likes

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by salford1: 6:42am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:
4— Bison and Buffalo.

Pic 1: Bison
Pic 2: Buffalo
Buffalo are also Bison though.
Used interchangeably in North America.

There is Bison steak. I wonder if buffalo steak exists tongue

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by 21sailor: 6:43am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You come off as someone who struggles to mind his business. Work on that and keep your psychoanalysis to your clients, they pay you. This is a wildlife thread, not your consultation room.

Thanks
Just search Appa yip yip on Google �
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:

See as you are just confusing me. In fact, all of them are lion angry

Lol... I go with this your final answer. Hahahahahahaaaa...

Someone cannot come kill herself trying to understand the reversed from the unreversed panther. grin
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by planetx: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2020
Karlifate:

Lemme try...
Pic 1: Female lion
Pic 2: Domestic cat
What kind of domestic cat will be that big.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by femi4: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You come off as someone who struggles to mind his business. Work on that and keep your psychoanalysis to your clients, they pay you. This is a wildlife thread, not your consultation room.

Thanks
Poco! grin
When is the next food thread jare
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Mightyjohn11(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2020
nice trend
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Mightyjohn11(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2020
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 / Girl Who Got 9As In Her SSCE In Enugu Gets Scholarship / No Bra, No Entry - Delta Poly Lecturer Chases Defaulters From Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.