Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism (31217 Views)

1,400 Repentant Boko Haram Suspects Released / Widows Of Soldiers Protest Release Of Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists / ’48 Boko Haram Fighters Killed, 3 Arrested’ As Soldiers Repel Xmas Eve Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by JoffreyBeroth(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kylekent59:
: shocked

Like for PDP

Share for APC

Let's see if Nigerians have learnt their lesson...

As I speak we still have nothing less than 8 Nigerians that haven’t learnt anything
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Murketeer: 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Every body deserve a second chance

And moreover most of these people didn't volunteer to join boko haram...

They were forced .....
Nigerians are too emotional and sentimental
With this we will continue to lose our sense and ability of reasoning and judgement
Chaii...our Real Nigga don 4.k up today with this comment undecided
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by TruthinAction: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
If you execute them, will they rise from the grave and go back. Now we know who the sponsors are. By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Murketeer: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
kikero:
Now before I comment on this thread, I would like to make the following clear.

1.I don't support Boko Haram
2.I don't support APC, PDP, BUHARI, GEJ, ETC.
3.I am not a Muslim, I don't even know squat about the Quran or even know Sura from Hadith
4.I am not here to abuse or curse anyone.
5.I am not here to support evil. I am here to make my point and go.

In Liberia and Sierra leone, since the 1990's there have been several wars there. Many people were brutally killed by murderers, mostly young men in many rebel groups.

As the war drew to an end...many of these brutal Liberian and Sierra Leonean murderers were for the most part rehabilitated, and released with money and cash (and even radio).

I recall watching the story of one Sierra Leonean boy who was conscripted to fight with the RUF. He comitted murders so bad that when he was talking about them to a foreign journalist, he wept. Wept deeply.

So what does this have to do with Boko.

I see people blasting the rehab programme as a means to 'release Muslim terrorists on the street' The truth is, we have to rehabilitate these violent men, or we are left with two options

1,Massacare the lot...leaving behind a lot of bitterness that can metamorphose into Boko Haram 2.

2.Jail all of them in prisions that are overcrowded...and feed them...and wait while they radicalise the new generation in there...BoKo 2.

The truth is, if we do not rehabilitate the majoirty...most of whom were forced to fight for Boko (that's why there is a disproportionate number of youth in IDP camps, because if they don't flee...Boko will use them as cannon fodder)...they will form a nidus for future trobule later on. And splitting this country won't solve the problem either....it would still be there looking at us.

Yes, they killed millions. So did many of those evil Liberian and Sierra Leonean boys that got rehabbed by the UN, and released with money. So did that 15 year old boy I talked about just now.

The truth of the matter is, the Buhari government, for once, is doing something right by rehabbing these guys. Yes, it may not be enough, yes some of them are going to go back (largely because they would be rejected by their communities)...but it is better than massacaring them, or jailing them at government expense.

Welocme to reality.

I should mention that I don't like what I have said. And I don't like it that we are spending millions on these evil people. IT IS WRONG. But consdiering the alternatives, it is the least of three evils...and the one that may yield some good.
Please answer this one Question ...If Boko haram had killed the whole of your Family members ...would you have still typed this ?

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by promisedeco(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

They were forced .....
With this we will continue to lose our sense and ability of reasoning and judgement
honestly speaking, you're MAD
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
SmartyPants:

Don't glaze over what I said.

These people were abducted and forced to do what they did. They were victims and that is why they deserve that consideration.

You can't just look at what they did in isolation, without looking at why they did it.

The rehabilitation program is a brilliant one that is being undermined by uncommunicativeness of the regime and secondly, by the poor treatment of soldiers and IDPs, as well as mis-reporting from the media. Otherwise, the benefits should be clear.

Not all with bh truly desire to stick with them, and by showing them that there is a safe passageout of bh, the govt may be able to weaken the group from inside. If only soldiers and IDPs were treated better, the public may be better able to appreciate this move.

I don't know why I'm arguing this point with you.

1. How where they forced?

2. How can you tell who was forced and who wasn't?

3. All the criminals in the nation's jails were forced by hunger to commit the crimes they committed, when are they going to be released too?

4. The crimes they committed when they were being "forced" to rape, kill and plunder, who's gonna pay for them?

5. If they were forced, how were they now able to leave of their own free will and surrender their arms?

6. And if they didn't lay down their arms but were arrested by the army, that means they didn't repent, they just were caught, right?

7. If you had a kid sister who was kidnapped and raped and impregnated by these animals, would you still stand up for them the way you are doing? (You don't have to rush to answer this, let it sink in very well).

It seems people have a skewed perception of what Justice means.

Once you say you're sorry, all is forgiven and forgotten. Meanwhile, some people have to live with the pain and scars you left for them.

Why don't you go and tell the widow whose husband was killed that the killers have repented and so she too should move on?

Why don't you go and tell the orphans, the fatherless, that the people responsible for their state in life has turned a new leaf and so all is well and wonderful with the world?

How about the parents of the Chibok girls who bade their daughters bye-bye as they went to school to get knowledge only to never see or hear from them ever again? Will you go and console those ones too?

Have you seen the grief on the face of Leah Sharibu's mama as she weeps for her daughter day and night, or you are just too focused on doing right by them terrorists that you haven't noticed?

I don't know how old you are bro, but for as long as you've lived in this world, have you ever heard any country on earth rehabilitating terrorists and releasing them back into their society?

Can you swear an oath with your life that these animals have really and truly repented? Can you vouch for them?

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Murketeer:

Please answer this one Question ...If Boko haram had killed the whole of your Family members ...would you have still typed this ?

The sad thing about life is that it isn't perfect

Personally, I would like all the Boko boys to be executed.

But it is the repercussions of mass executing them that is.what worries me.

Back in 2009, Army killed Boko Haram enmasse. Leader inclusive. It gave rise to Shekau and more radical elements.

I effing wish there was a easier answer.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
classicfrank4u:

Robber, rapists, murderers etc in prison should be released and rehabilitated please..

Some are , some are.executed
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
[s]
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

They were forced .....
[/s]mumu.... dey jonse yourself for cheap likes... your mama toto dia !!! cool
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Chukkson:

You're talking about civil war and we're talking about terrorism.

They are world's apart Man.

Haba!!

And you think we are not fighting a civil war up in the NE for the past ten years.

There is no difference

Note that I don't like my solution. But the làst time Nigeria killed Boko boys enmasse in 2009, we ended up making a bad situation worse.

Once again, I repeat, I hate the idea of rehabilitation
It is just that the alternative has a worse outcome.

Catch 22
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by nomskill: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
SPARTACUS THEM....They don’t deserve to live amongst people, there’s nothing like ‘repentant’ u just empowered them more to continue in their Evil ways
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Major77: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
We are not scared of those bunch of animals, let them go back as usual loud mouth
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by ThatFairGuy: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
They can't repent, they're to be facing firing squad. that will send message to potential BH
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by SmartyPants(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
FrLukas:

I don't know why I'm arguing this point with you.

3. All the criminals in the nation's jails were forced by hunger to commit the crimes they committed, when are they going to be released too?

4. The crimes they committed when they were being "forced" to rape, kill and plunder, who's gonna pay for them?

5. If they were forced, how were they now able to leave of their own free will and surrender their arms?

6. And if they didn't lay down their arms but were arrested by the army, that means they didn't repent, they just were caught, right?

7. If you had a kid sister who was kidnapped and raped and impregnated by these animals, would you still stand up for them the way you are doing? (You don't have to rush to answer this, let it sink in very well).

It seems people have a skewed perception of what Justice means.

Once you say you're sorry, all is forgiven and forgotten. Meanwhile, some people have to live with the pain and scars you left for them.

Why don't you go and tell the widow whose husband was killed that the killers have repented and so she too should move on?

Why don't you go and tell the orphans, the fatherless, that the people responsible for their state in life has turned a new leaf and so all is well and wonderful with the world?

How about the parents of the Chibok girls who bade their daughters bye-bye as they went to school to get knowledge only to never see or hear from them ever again? Will you go and console those ones too?

Have you seen the grief on the face of Leah Sharibu's mama as she weeps for her daughter day and night, or you are just too focused on doing right by them terrorists that you haven't noticed?

I don't know how old you are bro, but for as long as you've lived in this world, have you ever heard any country on earth rehabilitating terrorists and releasing them back into their society?

Can you swear an oath with your life that these animals have really and truly repented? Can you vouch for them?

Sir this is not an examination so try to keep your submissions shorter so that I can easily engage you.

Ans: If you had read the write up at all, it was stated clearly that these are those who were kidnapped by book haram and forced to fight.

Ans:That is an easy job for intelligence agencies. Common sense suggests that at the time an attack is carried out, the military visists the scene and the names of those missing are taken otherwise reported by their loved ones. Whenever anyone surrenders, his name will be cross-referenced with the database, his village connections will be interviewed to see if they can confirm, and other interrogative techniques. He fellow captives will also be interviewed separately to provided information on each other.

Ans: That has nothing to do with what I am talking about. In law you can be excused for committing certain crimes if you did it under the threat of being killed. This is known as the defense of compulsion.

Ans: The people who ordered them to do so.

Ans: sir...if they were forced it means they were never happy to be there and left as soon as they had an opportunity... isn't that logical?

Ans: These ones surrendered. Again, it would have paid you to read the write up.

Ans: Appeal to emotions is a logical fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

They were forced .....
Until they kill your family member, Nonsense.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by blackboy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Garbage Shehu ... I do not like insulting elders but ....

Is this a threat or what?
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
SmartyPants:

Sir this is not an examination so try to keep your submissions shorter so that I can easily engage you.

1. If you had read the write up at all, it was stated clearly that these are those who were kidnapped by book haram and forced to fight.

2. That is an easy job for intelligence agencies. Common sense suggests that at the time an attack is carried out, the military visists the scene and the names of those missing are taken otherwise reported by their loved ones. Whenever anyone surrenders, his name will be cross-referenced with the database, his village connections will be interviewed to see if they can confirm, and other interrogative techniques. He fellow captives will also be interviewed separately to provided information on each other.

3. That has nothing to do with what I am talking about. In law you can be excused for committing certain crimes if you did it under the threat of being killed. This is known as the defense of compulsion.

4. The people who ordered them to do so.

5. sir...if they were forced it means they were never happy to be there and left as soon as they had an opportunity... isn't that logical?

6. These ones surrendered. Again, it would have paid you to read the write up.

7. Appeal to emotions is a logical fallacy.

I am done here.

Hopefully others who read my rejoinder will know better than to think there's reason in your submission.

Please desist from quoting me again. Thanks for cooperation.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by SmartyPants(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
FrLukas:

I am done here.

Hopefully others who read my rejoinder will know better than to think there's reason in your submission.

Please desist from quoting me again. Thanks for cooperation.

It's not a war... have I offended you by having a different and obviously logical opinion?

Lol. Shame on you.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by kushme: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Idiotic leaders. Why don't you take them to an isolated land, cos I doubt if we really want to give them the second chance to live among us.

You don't want to keep them in prison or kill them like they killed people.. Then find new land(country) for them...
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Icon79(m): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
You can call me a prophet if you want but, take it from someone who knows, with the next 5 years, Nigeria would be broken into 4 countries:
- the Oduduwa (Oodua) Republic
- the United States of Biafra
- the Commonwealth of Middle Belt
- the Arewa Republic

Go write it down. And you can take that to the bank

O pari

LatestTori4Town:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/accept-repentant-boko-haram-fighters-or-they-go-back-to-terrorism-presidency-urges-nigerians.html/amp
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by chriscrosss(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
This man is on weed...accept them in aso rock..simple

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

They were forced .....
Weed is bad
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by MetaPhysical: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Accept repentant Boko Haram fighters or they go back to terrorism, presidency urges Nigerians

There is a third option - blow them to pieces so they cant use option1, to repent or option 2 to commit more terrorism.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Yadid(m): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Well, the rule of law and justice has been thrown to the dogs brazenly by this administration.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Murketeer: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
kikero:

The sad thing about life is that it isn't perfect

Personally, I would like all the Boko boys to be executed.

But it is the repercussions of mass executing them that is.what worries me.

Back in 2009, Army killed Boko Haram enmasse. Leader inclusive. It gave rise to Shekau and more radical elements.

I effing wish there was a easier answer.
Boss I understand what you are saying ..but these guys need a very strong hand ...although it appears too late now...they have been over pampered too much by the Govt ...that if The military were to start killing em enmass now ...it will make matters worse ...but still I prefer it to the over pampering that our Govt is doing ...In those days when we had Very serious Generals ...Like Ihejirika...The Nigerian military killed the Boko harm terrorists so much that ...The Northerners had to start fighting the Govt....making comments like ...A fight against Boko haram is a fight against the North...
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Seunpaul01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hey Garba,

What about taking their lives so that anyone that ever think of partaking in terrorism would know he/she is signing death warrant.

But now any prospective terrorist would be like, 'let me take some lives first then later I will (say I) repent' What a powerful country do, what law and order do is to put fears in a criminal mind. The fears mostly reset there evil thoughts.

Life for a life.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Sunnyja: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
dangermouse:
There identity should better not be made public. You cant expect people who have lost friends, relations and properties in the hands of these killers to pamper them in the name of repentance. Kole work!
Even without their identity be made public, the communities were they wrecked havoc knows them when ever they surface there. Another war might be silently brewing between the children whose parents, wives and friends were slaughtered by the so called repentant Boko boys and the neglected survivors.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by payloader(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
BlackfireX:
We the youth support our Darling president on this.

Nigeria belongs to us all.

Long live APC
Long live buhari
The evil things that will happen to you and your likes will shock all those who hear it. All the blood of those who were slaughtered by these so-called "repentant" murderers and terrorists will haunt you and your zpmbie mastets for eternity.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Chukkson: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
kikero:

And you think we are not fighting a civil war up in the NE for the past ten years.

There is no difference

Note that I don't like my solution. But the làst time Nigeria killed Boko boys enmasse in 2009, we ended up making a bad situation worse.

Once again, I repeat, I hate the idea of rehabilitation
It is just that the alternative has a worse outcome.

Catch 22

You obviously don't know what a civil war is.

A civil war is a war between two factions of a country.

The case of Boko haram is an insurgency and not a war.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
SmartyPants:

It's not a war... have I offended you by having a different and obviously logical opinion?

Lol. Shame on you.

The shame is yours, Boko Haram apologist.

May what has befallen others from the hands of Boko Haram terrorists be your portion this year.

Then, we will come and commiserate with you and tell you that you should take heart because they have repented.

I thought they said common sense was common. Obviously not. Quit disturbing my mentions.
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Aboks(m): 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Mad man talking
Re: Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism by Kabir5643(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Damn Niggarrrrrrr

You Don Bleep up...
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

They were forced .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of President Tinubu At Benin Republic's 63rd Independence Day Parade / Atiku’s Spokesman, Segun Showunmi Concedes Defeat / Soldier Dances Zanku & Gbe Body: "I Can't Wait, Am Going Home To See My Mama"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.