Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker (3193 Views)

Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip / Barthiya Wesley: Adamawa Assembly Elects Physically Challenged Lawmaker Speaker / Ize-Iyamu Congratulates Victor Edoror, New Speaker Of Edo House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Aladdin1(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
7lives:

You see why you need to understand what is happening before you discuss.
Obadrown is about to get served, he will be impeached before the election, ddddiiiiigggg?.
I dont think that would be possible to impeach the governor prior to the election and i do not believe its in the agenda of oshiomhole or APC.i think they just want to threaten obaseki by showing him that they now have a clear majority in the house and they would impeach the speaker and make one of them speaker.they may serve obaseki impeachment notice to shake him a little but impeaching the governor now is not in the agenda yet. so think before you comment.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by seanfer(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aladdin1:
I dont think that would be possible to impeach the governor prior to the election and i do not believe its in the agenda of oshiomhole or APC.i think they just want to threaten obaseki by showing him that they now have a clear majority in the house and they would impeach the speaker and make one of them speaker.they may serve obaseki impeachment notice to shake him a little but impeaching the governor now is not in the agenda yet. so think before you comment.

Nothing is impossible in Naija politics. They will do everything to make him go down. As it stands now they’re succeeding in distracting him. By Monday another issue will arise.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aladdin1:

How you know the agenda so well baffles me....are you Osho's cousin?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Obaseki said he declared 14 seats vacant. INEC never conducted bye elections for those seats because a governor cannot declare an elected member's seat vacant lmao. Does this guy think at all?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aladdin1:
If even its true.obaseki would not work with them.he would only choose to work with his 5 loyal members.thank God the election is at hand to settle these political fillaga,filla bench.As ighodomigodo would say.

They are 4 now sir

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Aladdin1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
seanfer:

You're missing a point. September 19 election is just for the Governorship seat alone. The house members will be there till 2023.
I know what am talking about.Obaseki has removed the Roof of Anthony Enahoro complex and blocked the entrance with sand and Hes gone ahead to remove the official Mace.Obaseki has been aware of plans to impeach him since his fight with Oshiomhole began and I dont think He would fold his Hands and watch the APC Lawmakers have their way.If you saw what Obaseki did today you would know Hes ready to checkmate the antics of Oshiomhole and APC.And more also He has said that if APC want violence and lawlessness. Hes ready to give it to them to the fullest.what am saying is that it wont be easy to impeach Obaseki constitutional for now.But they may be able to impeach the speaker and make one of them the new speaker.And even at that Obaseki would choose not to work with or recognise the APC Speaker.If you live in Edo state you would understand.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Nicholas4(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Audio speaker.

Someone said Edoror is the speaker of Ize-Iyamu whatsapp group
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aladdin1:
I know what am talking about.Obaseki has removed the Roof of Anthony Enahoro complex and blocked the entrance with sand and Hes gone ahead to remove the official Mace.Obaseki has been aware of plans to impeach him since his fight with Oshiomhole began and I dont think He would fold his Hands and watch the APC Lawmakers have their way.If you saw what Obaseki did today you would know Hes ready to checkmate the antics of Oshiomhole and APC.And more also He has said that if APC want violence and lawlessness. Hes ready to give it to them to the fullest.what am saying is that it wont be easy to impeach Obaseki constitutional for now.But they may be able to impeach the speaker and make one of them the new speaker.And even at that Obaseki would choose not to work with or recognise the APC Speaker.If you live in Edo state you would understand.

How will he work with 4 minority sir?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by frankmoney(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
This country is just crazy .. both obaseki and ize iyamu are only fighting for themselves . Don't be decieved
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
He Constituted 11 but 7 out of the eleven left him for APC and officially/legally inaugurated the 14 remaining member-elect. Making 21 APC members against 4 PDP members. Anything he does with these 4 is illegality and it would be a strong ground for impeachment.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aladdin1:

So what is lawless here?
Refusing to inaugurate 14 assembly members
4 members ruling over 19
Its within the job of legislative to choose their leader by majority
Obaseki can choose not to recognize them but he cannot stop the legislative from doing their duty
He is denying 14 different constituency who voted their right to representation
Imagine if Buhari refused to inaugurate 80 Senators because he does not agree with them

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by seanfer(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aladdin1:
Is Obaseki removing the Mace constitutional?
In telling you that if they choose to Impeach him with the numbers they have presently, they will have their way and tell you and Obaseki to approach the court. All Obaseki did today is against the constitution but you see nothing bad in it. If the opposing side choose to go the illegal way also Obaseki will be the biggest loser at the end of the day. If they impeach him illegally it will take the courts not less than 6 months to decide the case. And do you know he won’t be eligible to contest the upcoming election as an impeached candidate? At the bolded is my fear for the Governor. With just a 3 trucks of combined security forces nothing Obaseki and his supporters can do. I remember how Fayoski and Ngige we’re impeached.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Mylove55(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
ChiefOloye:
How I wish this is true...it would have simply meant Obaseki won't be re-contesting as the Governor of Edo State, but an impeached one...like they would say in my part of the country. "o n rugbo bọ"
yes, you're right,
I blamed buhari as thief obaseki is still a governor till.
thief obaseki supposed to be impeached the very day he decamp to pdp by the 14 lawmakers.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
17 @OfficialAPCNg members of the Edo state House of Assembly currently holding a parallel session at an undisclosed location. Honourable Agbaje Imam from Akoko Edo nominated Speaker extempore #EdoDecides2020 https:///UBQV7lMqJz
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by 7lives: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
seanfer:

In telling you that if they choose to Impeach him with the numbers they have presently, they will have their way and tell you and Obaseki to approach the court. All Obaseki did today is against the constitution but you see nothing bad in it. If the opposing side choose to go the illegal way also Obaseki will be the biggest loser at the end of the day. If they impeach him illegally it will take the courts not less than 6 months to decide the case. And do you know he won’t be eligible to contest the upcoming election as an impeached candidate? At the bolded is my fear for the Governor. With just a 3 trucks of combined security forces nothing Obaseki and his supporters can do. I remember how Fayoski and Ngige we’re impeached.

Mo r'aye mo sa f'aye.
Instead make Obamumu juba aye.
O lo nje oju aye.
Now awon aye have gathered.
Making a clown of him.
Was he not told before?, that Oyinbo wey make pencil na him make eraser.
You can't hijack what doesn't belong to you.
Last last, chicken will always go home to roost.
The question is if Obaseki was the one in Oshiomole's shoes, would he have walk away without a fight?.
Lesson don't bite the fingers that fed you
Dont break the plate used to serve you food.
Obaseki no try at all.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by seanfer(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
7lives:

Mo r'aye mo sa f'aye.
Instead make Obamumu juba aye.
O lo nje oju aye.
Now awon aye have gathered.
Making a clown of him.
Was he not told before?, that Oyinbo wey make pencil na him make eraser.
You can't hijack what doesn't belong to you.
Last last, chicken will always go home to roost.
The question is if Obaseki was the one in Oshiomole's shoes, would he have walk away without a fight?.
Lesson don't bite the fingers that fed you
Dont break the plate used to serve you food.
Obaseki no try at all.

Anything he does. His supporters don’t see anything bad in it.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
12 elected members of the Edo State House of Assembly took their oath of office and have been sworn into the House of Assembly one year and two months after Obaseki refused to swear them in. https:///RIhdUlZFyX

Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by bigstillz: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Baba40:
Edo New Speaker Hon. Victor Edoror is from Esan Central Constituency. https:///Vp6dcBxT19

https://www.nairaland.com/6038153/own-land-edo-masses-insist
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Breaking News!! After the Impeachment of the Edo speaker and election of Hon Edoror, the lawmakers have issued a notice to the IG of police and the Commissioner of Police in Edo that they would be taking over the Assembly on Friday having taken over its leadership.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by Baba40(f): 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Breaking News!! Members of the Edo Assembly, led by newly-elected Speaker, Rt. Hon. Victor Edoror, paid a courtesy visit to Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo who has assured them of support for the success of the new house leadership https:///hLTJqBX0jc
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by afesco: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
Congratulations to APC!
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by afesco: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
APC has given Obaseki a security job for the next few days.

He will be keeping vigil at the Edo State House of Assembly Complex while POI go about mopping up the remnants of the PDP
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by afesco: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
seanfer:

In telling you that if they choose to Impeach him with the numbers they have presently, they will have their way and tell you and Obaseki to approach the court. All Obaseki did today is against the constitution but you see nothing bad in it. If the opposing side choose to go the illegal way also Obaseki will be the biggest loser at the end of the day. If they impeach him illegally it will take the courts not less than 6 months to decide the case. And do you know he won’t be
eligible to contest the upcoming election as an impeached candidate?
At the bolded is my fear for the Governor. With just a 3 trucks of combined security forces nothing Obaseki and his supporters can do. I remember how Fayoski and Ngige we’re impeached.
I don't think impeaching him will stop him from contesting.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by seanfer(m): 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
afesco:

I don't think impeaching him will stop him from contesting.

He can’t contest any political seat until the courts upturn his impeachment.
Ngige, Fayose and all have their impeachment’s Upturn by courts before contesting.
Re: Breaking News: Edo House Of Assembly Elects New Speaker by afesco: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
seanfer:

He can’t contest any political seat until the courts upturn his impeachment.
Ngige, Fayose and all have their impeachment’s Upturn by courts before contesting.
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Analysis, Can Tinubu Actually Win Lagos? / With Strong Evidence Before The Court,tinubu Could Be 1st President To Be Remove / Simon Ekpa Declares Two Weeks Sit At Home In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.