Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS (22876 Views)

NASU, SSANU To Embark On 3-Day Strike Over IPPIS, Others / FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund / NASU Directs University Workers, Others To Begin Strike Over IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by dre11(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the Non Academic Staff Union (NASU) and Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) has embarked on an industrial action with effect from school resumption.

The National President of SSANU, comrade Samson Ugwoke, who spoke on behalf of JAC, disclosed this while addressing newsmen in Abuja at the end of its JAC meeting.

He noted that the leadership of NASU and SSANU were under tremendous pressure by its principals thus, “a strike action has been declared to commence effective from the date of resumption of work after the lifting of coronavirus lockdown.”

”As a responsible union, we have avoided these crisis but the irresponsibility of government and its officials have led us to a point where it had become inevitable.

”If by the time schools are asked to reopen and the needful is not done, it means hope is lost and the earlier avoidable industrial conflict becomes inevitable,” he said Ugwoke decried the challenges of short payments of salaries in almost all the federal universities, adding that ”the audience was that the short payments and mutilated salaries would cease upon enrollment in the scheme.”

He said assurances were given that “our Earned Allowances that had not been properly captured previously and across all universities would be properly integrated upon enrolment into IPPIS.”

However, he berated that following the enrollment of its members into the platform, ”it had become a case of ‘from frying own to fire.’” ”Our enrollment has turned out to be a complete disaster because of the serious of inconsistencies and irregularities currently being witnessed in the payment of salaries and emolument of our members,” he said.

Ugoke added that there were: ”Unwarranted and inexplicable delays going into the second half of the next month before payments of salaries; haphazard payments leading to non payment, underpayment, overpayments and multiple payments in some cases; misinterpretation and wrongful implementation of extant documents on statutory deductions as regard staff salaries and allowances in the university system; non payment of arrears on new minimum wage; and non issuance of payslip to workers.”

SOURCE

4 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by ugowilson(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
Same story everyday

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Busayobanks: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
No one cares about the Nigerian youth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by gambia(m): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
This country is heading no where, that's the fact.

13 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Slawormir: 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by revived: 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wondafu

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by PureGoldh(m): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
ASUU right now

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Hotzone(m): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Strike don become old game

Buhari doesn’t care

Even Boko Haram strike no dey shake booboo so far them no hit aso rock

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by paulolee(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
still the same old strike story...as for me, my problem about our education problems are...
1..how do i convince my children that education is still the key to success because my dad easily convinced me and i was soo serious with my studies because Nigeria no too bad like this back then..
2..how do i explain to them when they see that my b.s.c certificate have a duration of 7yrs because of covid and strike wahala instead of the normal 4 years..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by hisgrace090: 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
The never do good ASUU again!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by brightovio007(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
IPPIS Wahala too much.

3 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is serious, with effect from school resumption, so as school dey resume strike is waiting. I will say it isn't fair.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by JasonSleek(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
... It's alright. cry
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by coolfredo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Naija for life, all hope don finally lost las las

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Johnnysixtus(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
....and they kept playing with our youth future
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Angelacruz: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
pls God help me
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Kicktaker(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
What then is the fate of Nigerian youth?..this people are all selfish
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by paulolee(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
gambia:
This country is heading no where, that's the fact.
it didnt even have direction before...man jus de manage oo

3 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by EdmundChidera(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
FG should agree with them since they don't accept it. They mustn't force everything all the time on them meanwhile all these organizations are selfish too by not considering the students
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Datagric(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
I no school again, make I go start one trade. Wetin b dis

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by ThatFairGuy: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
THIEVES.
Why the fuss about IPPIS
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Get more points here for your youtube or facebook....

http://addmf.co/?WSK9D8U
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by heykims(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
IPPIS too should do normal na and rectify the shortfalls.
Notwithstanding, we all must join IPPIS, any excuse to leave IPPIS platform is dead on arrival because I know IPPIS has been doing wonderfully well to ministries covered so far but for the recent university staff capturing.
My silent hearty condolences to federal University students, from covid break to union break.

3 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by apatheticme(f): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
There was a country!

4 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by xreal: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
From COVID lockdown to Strike.

Looong break.
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by 3coins(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Implementing Wetin una power no fit ever carry for this life

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by revived: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Space bookers
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by freshkpomo(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Verdict : No ferk given, gave my last ferk in the previous post. .

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria
Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by benicta(f): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lol, so we resume into strike? smiley

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Toscarele: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
They can strike all they want, the government has their hands full for now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS by Karlifate: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
NUC is not yet done mediating between ASUU & FG, they are bringing another case for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni Not Taken To Hospital For Treatment – Family Doctor Testifies / Can I Study Mass Communication With D7 In Literature / Muslim Community Centre Establishes Varsity In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.