Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? (41180 Views)

In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High / Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
30 cry
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by BestMan001: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
I'm here to read LIES
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Hudal59(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
Ladies zone
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by akure1stson: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
and some guys go still put mouth and lick that bleeding hole

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
Hmm
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2020
Yucky thread

Im arahia mehn
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by PrudencyFeats: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2020
Why una dey discuss this kain thin here. Op take your time ooo
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by ojun50(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2020
Is it well op
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Moscodee1990(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2020
What's per cycle, per month?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Focusmind: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2020
I feel for young girls from poor homes. Things that are supposed to be of necessity. Don't be surprise that some can't even afford tissue paper for their cycle.

There are some ghettos you see and you imagine the kind of hygiene and sanitation they will apply in their toilets. Young and adolescent girls suffers a lot in that kind of places.

One international NGO invited me to be part of team to carry out evaluation work on the effect of poverty and conflict on adolescent girls. But the location of the assignment made me not to participate even though the pay was ok.

Girls from poor background deserves monetary or in kind assistant in seeing off their cycles. Just to mention, when I was in Scotland, there was an NGO called "Capability Scotland". They support young poor girls and physically challenged adults with vouchers that they could use to buy sanitary pads and tissue paper at Tesco supermarket. The voucher can't be used to buy any other thing in the supermarket except sanitary pads. I wished an NGO in Nigeria could copy this kind of assistance.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Cladez(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Well you made a great write up and was passing information not until the end.....
what do you mean by

"" Condoms are shared free and are cheaper too and that's imbalace""

women always tend to use every opportunity to claim victim..... Condom was not made for men alone it was made to prevent pregnancy and disease for both genders.
Condoms are cheaper too because the cost of production is less when compared with a sanitary pad...

BE GUIDED.....

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by macho44(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Elder0001:

@bolded.. Who told you condoms are free?

You people will just be making stupid gender comparisons everything.
No mind am, as if CONDOM no get male & female version grin

14 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by omooba969(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Foolish question!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Kemimarch16(f): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
6 or 7
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Medunah: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Has anyone tried using tampons?

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Cocao(f): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2020
mayklef:
the way this other gender over hype this cycle of thing sef....

I fail to see the hype there. The op is talking about how to manage your cycle, which is a perfectly natural phenomenon. If you don't have what to contribute, just keep quiet

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

My girlfriend always use one for all the whole 4-5 days

Sometimes she do wash and keep it for another menstrual cycle next month

By girlfriend do you mean lover or female friend? If she is your lover then you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

If she is just a platonic friend,why can't you help her as a friend instead of coming here to put her business in public?

I hate basketmouth guys!

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Oiza131(f): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2020
6 + 3 panty liners

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by mariahAngel(f): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2020
mayklef:
the way this other gender over hype this cycle of thing sef....

Over hype? undecided
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by UDUJ(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2020
Elder0001:

@bolded.. Who told you condoms are free?

You people will just be making stupid gender comparisons everything.

Don't mind them. Condoms that cost me about 2k and a packet can be used for only 3 rounds. Do they know how much we spend on condoms monthly? Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Cocao(f): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2020
The responses here shows that men are very uneducated about this, intentionally ignorant or simply too grossed out.

Just know that you don't have to respond

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Karleb(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2020
What the hell is this doing on front page? grin angry
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2020
8-10 packs of disposable pads
There are reusable pads though
The reusable pads are more economical eco friendly and hygienic

The major issue is access.
I know of a company in Minna producing it. But how can I buy pad of 800naira and delivery fee is 2,500 or 2000

O wrong na

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Oizee(f): 10:44am On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

My girlfriend always use one for all the whole 4-5 days

Sometimes she do wash and keep it for another menstrual cycle next month
wash ke?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Germi9: 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?
not here pls
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Folzye(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
And this made front page?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
kendrick93:

See them
Gerrout

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by EXLOVER(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
O
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by pstar234(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
And this make front page
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by hunterezi(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
See as guys just derailed this thread. OP you can't discuss intelligent things with nairalanders, learn!.

Pads should be cheap at least.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Denique(f): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2020
Truth is, I hate blood! Urgh!
I start using it three days before my cycle as I can't stand the sight of blood in my panties...3*2=6
Then for the actual flow, I use 3 per day...let's say 8:00am-3pm, 3pm-10:30pm, 10:30pm-8:00am. Repeat the process for 3 days and 2 each for the next two days(19 pads in total). A total of 2 packs and my favourite brand is LADY CARE...anytime, anyday. Prices vary...between 300-350 per pack, that is 700 per month by 12 months= 8,400.

Add on: I tried Always(too long for me), Comfit( it felt too light and made me walk awkwardly) and a couple of other brands before settling for LADY CARE-the yellow type.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by alabimustcry: 10:46am On Aug 08, 2020
naniawini:
I don't use pads anymore. I'm not always comfortable. I use cotton wool.

Cheap and comfy.
jest see what buhari era has turned her destiny to

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

She Doesn’t Like Condoms / 566 New COVID-19 Cases, 395 Discharged And 8 Deaths On June 29 - (1953 Tested) / What Are The Major Problems With Primary Health Care In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.