Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not (1483 Views)

Redpill Is Stupid! (pictures) / This Pretty Nigerian Lady Is Looking For A Husband, See Her Requirements! / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2020
No it isn't stupid for a man to kneel when proposing and anyone that thinks it is obviously still has some growing up to do.

I'm only guessing but any guy that would say it's stupid, says so because his character is weak. And a man with a weak character will worry about what others with weak character think. Poor character is what is wrong with too many young people these days. A lack of character is where bullies, gangsters, con men, lack of personal accountability and being financially inept come from.

The next thing you know, you have some young guy trying to be a man through a car, tattoos, clothes or whatever superficial thing that was popular that day and not wanting to kneel before the woman he wants to marry. Nothing wrong with cars or tattoos when you have some character to go with them. I am only concern about money miss road kind of guy.

Kneeling before a woman is about showing her that you are willing to humble yourself and give total respect and commitment doing something that you wouldn't do for anyone unless you were forced to, SUBMIT. You basically are submitting to her and putting her above yourself to symbolize what you will do for her the rest of your life. I don't mean that the guy will be subservient their whole life, I mean that he will be the shield and take on any threat to the family, willing to give his life to protect their
Kneeling on one knee means that a man will actually going to be devoted until the end so long the woman is respectful. You are honoring the institution of marriage and it benefits not just the lady.
Only men and women with class will agree with me but the low. Life will bash.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Bojack(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2020
Bloody Simp

13 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by NettyNelly(m): 9:07am On Aug 07, 2020
I really have been trying to find out what could make some men to think so. But couldn't.

Whether a man knelt to propose
Or the lady knelt to receive the proposal.
It is the same.
Someone has to kneel, there is proposal and acceptance.
Which ever way it is.
So I really don't see a big deal for a man to kneel down and propose to a lady of his dreams. Besides he only does it once. Once the knots are tied, the lady starts kneeling for the rest of their married life.

I offer professional branding for your Business. Check my portfolio on my signature

1 Like

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Kaykay999(m): 9:08am On Aug 07, 2020
The lady should kneel and bow down to me for the proposal shits

7 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Bossonboard: 9:13am On Aug 07, 2020
Bojack:
Bloody Simp
. No he is not. I totally agree with him, but I am against doing it to these lazy slay drama idoit reason been it could be because after this one and only one instance of a man kneeling at a woman's feet, if the woman accepts his proposal, she is expected to kneel for him pretty much anytime he wants, both literally and figuratively.

By literally, I think we all know what I mean.

By figuratively, what I mean is the woman is constantly sacrificing her own wants and needs in order to follow the man's lead. That means putting his job first, following him wherever he chooses to go in order to maintain the marriage, and submitting to his decisions and leadership in the relationship.

A man kneels to a woman only once in order to get her to do it for him for the rest of their lives together.

This has been the traditional dynamic between men and women for many years. It may not be exactly the same right now, but a lot of people still have this wired in their brains.

In addition, if a man is willing to kneel at a woman's feet in order to ask for her hand in marriage, it's usually a sign that proves that he really loves her enough to be willing to do that. If he is not willing to kneel at her feet, then I would be inclined to question whether he really loves her or not. Kneeling on one knee come with class

4 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Bossonboard: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
No it isn't stupid for a man to kneel when proposing and anyone that thinks it is obviously still has some growing up to do.

I'm only guessing but any guy that would say it's stupid, says so because his character is weak. And a man with a weak character will worry about what others with weak character think. Poor character is what is wrong with too many young people these days. A lack of character is where bullies, gangsters, con men, lack of personal accountability and being financially inept come from.

The next thing you know, you have some young guy trying to be a man through a car, tattoos, clothes or whatever superficial thing that was popular that day and not wanting to kneel before the woman he wants to marry. Nothing wrong with cars or tattoos when you have some character to go with them. I am only concern about money miss road kind of guy.

Kneeling before a woman is about showing her that you are willing to humble yourself and give total respect and commitment doing something that you wouldn't do for anyone unless you were forced to, SUBMIT. You basically are submitting to her and putting her above yourself to symbolize what you will do for her the rest of your life. I don't mean that the guy will be subservient their whole life, I mean that he will be the shield and take on any threat to the family, willing to give his life to protect their
Kneeling on one knee means that a man will actually going to be devoted until the end so long the woman is respectful. You are honoring the institution of marriage and it benefits not just the lady.
. I will illustrate taking insights from nature. Male peacocks have the attractive colourful wings not the female ones, even then males in a group of peacocks fight and eventually the strongest one takes charge. Only the winner can mate with the rest of the female ones in the heard.

If the males of the most colourful and beautiful species has to go through such a heck of a competition we men are here to acquire the most beautiful beings in our species. I think bending before them shows how inclined you are to fight for the woman in your life protecting her honour. Marriage is a different activity all together. It's just a ritualistic aspect developed over a period of time in various cultures. The bond of living togather hasn't changed and it requires contribution from both sides. Kneeling before a woman's feet is also a ritualistic aspect or a cultural aspect and has nothing to do with submitting oneself.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by alexsoftwork(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2020
It is very and absolutely stupid, I use to think i will do something like this b4, until I listen to some relationship scholars. Kneeling to propose, is a stolen norm from the white man, just like white wedding. There so many things Africans need to unlearn from this white folks, but for where, Nigerians go one kill themselves on top norm wentin dem import.

If i propose to u while standing or sitting, no take ring na.... Nonsense and white norm.

1 Like

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2020
Bojack:
Bloody Simp
. I will choose to educate you because I figured you may have come out from a dysfunctional home
A marriage proposal and a marriage are two separate things. The man goes on bended knee during a proposal because he is asking the woman to do him the honor of choosing to become his wife. He is not demanding, he is asking her for a pretty serious commitment, and she doesn't have to say yes to him. It a custom that come with class. It's not submission, so much as humble supplications

4 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Chirowman(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2020
I can't even try such in this life , if we can't stand to do the proposal it will slide.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by JustBeingFrank(m): 9:26am On Aug 07, 2020
It's relative.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Headlesschicken(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2020
undecided Opening up yuh mouth wide when u really ain't got nothing reasonable to say is really an act of witchcraft....
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2020
alexsoftwork:
It is very and absolutely stupid, I use to think i will do something like this b4, until I listen to some relationship scholars. Kneeling to propose, is a stolen norm from the white man, just like white wedding. There so many things Africans need to unlearn from this white folks, but for where, Nigerians go one kill themselves on top norm wentin dem import.

If i propose to u while standing or sitting, no take ring na.... Nonsense and white norm.
. The house,cars and clothes you use, whose ideal is it? I personally believe treating a lady right means I have self esteem
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2020
why are people so dumb and mad at the same time, na by force say a man most kneel to a woman before he propose to her.
kneeling down to propose to a woman is what we learned from white men.
let me ask a questions,
do white men use to pay for bride price the way Africans pay?
Africans bride price is something else in the world especially Nigeria.
white men understands marriage different from what we Nigeria understand about marriage.
go and marry a white woman and see how easy it is to marry a woman and come to Nigeria to marry, you will understand that a man who wants to marry a woman is coming to carry a family problem.
after all this shiit you still expect our Nigeria men kneel down to a Nigeria woman when he knows what is waiting for him in the front.
people like you are why our woman takes advantage of us, because they see it as our responsibility to take care of them and carry their family problem.
it's not bad for a man not to kneel and propose to a woman, it's a choice.
tell me where for Bible that say make we dey kneel down dey propose to a woman.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Vyzz: 9:32am On Aug 07, 2020
What's all this about kneeling down and proposing sef...

What's the thing there...

Na person wey dey ready to marry go marry... Wouldn't care if u knelt or not...

On my own time I can decide to even lie down and propose... Might decide to sit or kneel... There is no big deal
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by marveangel(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2020
So its okay to kneel down and beg someone to get into a partnership with you. One that is mutually beneficial to you both also one in which should anything go wrong you stand to lose some if not most of your hard earned money to them as compensation for having "endured" marrying you.

Kneeling down to propose is romantic But not Logical...its makes absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:39am On Aug 07, 2020
lucky999:
why are people so dumb and mad at the same time, na by force say a man most kneel to a woman before he propose to her.
kneeling down to propose to a woman is what we learned from white men.
let me ask a questions,
do white men use to pay for bride price the way Africans pay?
Africans bride price is something else in the world especially Nigeria.
white men understands marriage different from what we Nigeria understand about marriage.
go and marry a white woman and see how easy it is to marry a woman and come to Nigeria to marry, you will understand that a man who wants to marry a woman is coming to carry a family problem.
after all this shiit you still expect our Nigeria men kneel down to a Nigeria woman when he knows what is waiting for him in the front.
people like you are why our woman takes advantage of us, because they see it as our responsibility to take care of them and carry their family problem.
it's not bad for a man not to kneel and propose to a woman, it's a choice.
tell me where for Bible that say make we dey kneel down dey propose to a woman.
. I like that word CHOICE.
What else would you recommend to express the promise of loyalty? I choose to express the promise of loyalty by bending the knee, I guess my choice should be respected right?
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2020
marveangel:
So its okay to kneel down and beg someone to get into a partnership with you. One that is mutually beneficial to you both also one in which should anything go wrong you stand to lose some if not most of your hard earned money to them as compensation for having "endured" marrying you.

Kneeling down to propose is romantic But not Logical...its makes absolutely no sense.
. It's romantic and also a custom that signified honor.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Madmohamed419(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:

God forbid I somite my self to a woman. How can odogwu nell for women that open her Legs to pee .our Father didn't do that and we can't do it. Alu
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2020
Madmohamed419:
God forbid I somite my self to a woman. How can odogwu nell for women that open her Legs to pee .our Father didn't do that and we can't do it. Alu
. Guess you were drop from the sky? Understand the dynamic of human. Logically, women has been in control but they don't make noise about it.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by cezarman(m): 9:57am On Aug 07, 2020
The ladies' champion and superman finally arrives.

For those who want to get married sha... Me I'm just observing.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. I like that word CHOICE.
What else would you recommend to express the promise of loyalty? I choose to express the promise of loyalty by bending the knee, I guess my choice should be respected right?

if you kneel down to ask a woman to marry you, that means you will still going to be kneeling down to ask her for anything.
why are you kneeling down for a woman to marry you is she your God.
people say it's romantic but look deep inside it, it's stupidness.
some men who kneel down to ask a woman to marry them have never in their life kneel down to thank their mom for being there for them all their life.

2 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Madmohamed419(m): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Guess you were drop from the sky? Understand the dynamic of human. Logically, women has been in control but they don't make noise about it.
no but is not my culture. Can ur village Prince or King nell for women.this is Africa . Not Avery thing white man come we will take it .we take the good one and give them back the bad one just like gay and lesbian
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by marveangel(m): 10:04am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. It's romantic and also a custom that signified honor.
I already pointed that out..I get it's romantic but it isn't practical. I don't see why anyone should have to beg another human to get into partnership with them.

2 Likes

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by cezarman(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:

They're in control because of men like you and Adam.

I doubt you also know what's going on in our society right now, men are being suppressed more than ever and pushed around by wicked women. They have an agenda, so don't take anything they do or say lightly. Most of them are very tricky, that's why you've to be very cautious when placing them in a position that'll make them feel superior. Small small them go turn you to mumu and you'd be in love with your mumuness.

Your own case ehn... You might have been turned to one of their foot soldiers unknowingly.

No offense smiley
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2020
lucky999:

if you kneel down to ask a woman to marry you, that means you will still going to be kneeling down to ask her for anything.
why are you kneeling down for a woman to marry you is she your God.
people say it's romantic but look deep inside it, it's stupidness.
some men who kneel down to ask a woman to marry them have never in their life kneel down to thank their mom for being there for them all their life.
I guess you are confusing this word subservient to honor
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by sirjamesjnr(m): 11:07am On Aug 07, 2020
cezarman:

They're in control because of men like you and Adam.

I doubt you also know what's going on in our society right now, men are being suppressed more than ever and pushed around by wicked women. They have an agenda, so don't take anything they do or say lightly. Most of them are very tricky, that's why you've to be very cautious when placing them in a position that'll make them feel superior. Small small them go turn you to mumu and you'd be in love with your mumuness.

Your own case ehn... You might have been turned to one of their foot soldiers unknowingly.

No offense smiley
I am aware that there are women from dysfunctional home, like wise some men who do some funny things in our society but it's what it's. What is worth doing is worth well and it's my choice to honor a woman who will birth my prince and princess. Men of self discipline are not afraid of any scheme coming from a lady.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by StrikeBack(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. I will choose to educate you because I figured you may have come out from a dysfunctional home
A marriage proposal and a marriage are two separate things. The man goes on bended knee during a proposal because he is asking the woman to do him the honor of choosing to become his wife. He is not demanding, he is asking her for a pretty serious commitment, and she doesn't have to say yes to him. It a custom that come with class. It's not submission, so much as humble supplications
you are just speaking in the nonsense and Rubbish
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by alexsoftwork(m): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. The house,cars and clothes you use, whose ideal is it? I personally believe treating a lady right means I have self esteem

Lmaooo cheesy by kneeling down? Some men knelt down for there partner, still end up treating her like trash. All this ko necessary.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Kalatium(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
I now induct you into the hall of simp

1 Like

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
These two questions still baffles me
1 .Who is that motherfucker that invented that motive of kneeling down to a lady angry
2 .who first discovered sex angry
Any answers to this above question
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Stupid,no It's Not by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2020
NettyNelly:
I really have been trying to find out what could make some men to think so. But couldn't.

Whether a man knelt to propose
Or the lady knelt to receive the proposal.
It is the same.
Someone has to kneel, there is proposal and acceptance.
Which ever way it is.
So I really don't see a big deal for a man to kneel down and propose to a lady of his dreams. Besides he only does it once. Once the knots are tied, the lady starts kneeling for the rest of their married life.

I offer professional branding for your Business. Check my portfolio on my signature
exactly. That's why the video is painful

(1) (2) (Reply)

I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads / . / Married Teacher Allegedly Had Sex With Boy, 15,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.