Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Ways To Walk In The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways To Walk In The Spirit (229 Views)

"What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Walk In The Spirit by babalomike: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2020
WAYS TO WALK IN THE SPIRIT
[b][/b]
WALKING IN THE SPIRIT IS ANOTHER DIMENSION OF RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, IF ANY MAN MUST GO FAR WITH GOD THE PLACE OF SPIRITUAL WALK (FELLOWSHIP) IS INEVITABLE.
WAYS TO WALK IN THE SPIRIT

However, many people find it hard to walk in the spirit because of lack of understanding of the ways of the holy spirit. It is a mean of living the life of Christ on earth, it is a mean of constant spiritual exercise and consciousness

Walking in the Spirit is a decision that’s personal, yet, beyond man’s conclusion and comprehension. Life in the Spirit is a journey that has no assigned limit, as long the soul lives. However, if life in the Spirit is a journey, then who are those to tread it?

Without an attempt to hold the air in our hands, those who are to tread this journey are the believers. The question now is How?

Let us discuss the person of the Spirit, the life in the Spirit, and how to walk in the Spirit. Painfully, the works of the Spirit are limited by our misconceptions and worldly focus.

The Person of the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is a divine person (the last person of the Trinity). He is worthy to receive adoration, love, and faith. If we do not think of the Holy Spirit as a person, then we would continually be limited by his power and divinity, our thoughts would be like Simon’s, who jealously wanted to buy the Holy Spirit, thinking He's an impersonal thing that could be bought.

Act 8:18-20. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the Apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.20. But Peter said unto him, thy money perish with thee because thou hast thought that gift of God may be purchased with money. (KJV)

I wish we understand what Simon saw before concluding on purchasing the Spirit, because nobody would purchase ordinary laying on of hands without essence and gain, actually nobody will. He saw them speaking in tongues and casting away evil spirits, (according to Acts 2:4, 10:44-48) i.e. he saw them manifesting the power within the Name/Personality. From the passage above, it can be unambiguously concluded that the Holy Spirit Is Divine; a gift that can’t be purchased like our lifeless needs and desires. It is a gift that can be acquired through proper repentance, meaning God alone could remedy this situation, and He always will upon proper repentance, which says He (God) is right and I am wrong. It’d be great to affirm this before leaving that for another time, that “God has nothing for sale; everything He has is a “Gift” even His Son [Jn 3:16, Luke 11:13, Eph. 1:13]

John 3:16. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Luke 11:13. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? [KJV]

If we continually think that that the person of the Holy Spirit is an impersonal power or influence, we’ll constantly think of a way to get hold of the power and use the Holy Spirit, but if we recognize Him as a divine Person who is tender, lovely, peaceful, wise and unlimited in any realm, our

Place a press on the link to read up

[url][/url]https://www.liftedgospel.com/2020/08/ways-to-walk-in-spirit.html

Don't forget to share
Thanks
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by illicit(m): 10:13am On Aug 07, 2020
Come up with a Covid19 drug sir
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by delkuf(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:
Why haven't your science come out with one
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by Dtruthspeaker: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:

Do you not know that the whole earth is as the days of Egypt when The Lord God poured out His Wraths and His Plagues upon the them?

After Covid 19, another shall still come and the whole world shall still cry and mourn and lament!
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by illicit(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not know that the whole earth is as the days of Egypt when The Lord God poured out His Wraths and His Plagues upon the them?

After Covid 19, another shall still come and the whole world shall still cry and mourn and lament!

so what did we do for God this time?
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by illicit(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
Why haven't your science come out with one

The fact that u are alive is a fact that science has improved.
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by Dtruthspeaker: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:

so what did we do for God this time?

Everything you should not do to anyone.
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by illicit(m): 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Everything you should not do to anyone.
me
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by delkuf(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:

The fact that u are alive is a fact that science has improved.
The fact that you can breathe means God exist. can science make you breathe
Re: Ways To Walk In The Spirit by illicit(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
The fact that you can breathe means God exist. can science make you breathe

Respiration is a characteristics of a living thing.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your View On This? Was I Wrong, What Would You Have Done Differently / Top Muslim Charity “islamic Relief” Exposed For Supporting Terrorism And Antisem / Catholic Arch Bishop Commissions Dialysis Center At Ijede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.