Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension (4746 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / It Isnt Possible To Believe In Resurrection Of The Dead And Rapture At The Same / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2020
advocatejare:
Antichristian still on the matter.

Does Allah speak directly with people?
No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"
Quran 4:164

Moses did not see Allah, He only heard Allah and he was an exception.

Just as Jesus has no father. Adam had no parents. Eve had no mother. Others have parents.

advocatejare post=92690311
How long is Allah's day?
One thousand years:
"Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning."
Quran 22:47
[/quote]

A Day in the sight of Allah is like 1000 years of our reckoning on earth!

[quote author=advocatejare
:

Fifty thousand years:
"The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:"
Quran 70:4

The Angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day which is 50,000 years of our reckoning!

No contradiction as the subjects are different!
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2020
advocatejare:

I like this question. Now come and answer yourself

Does Allah forgive everything?

Yes:
Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
– Quran 39:53

No:
Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right) – Quran 4:116

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?

Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43

Was Allah confused about history and events of time? Yes. But how could Allah have made such a blunder if he was the All-Knowing?[/b

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron.” Said Pharaoh, “You believed in him before I gave you permission. Indeed, this is a conspiracy which you conspired in the city to expel therefrom its people. But you are going to know. I will surely cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides; [b]then I will surely crucify you all.

– Quran 7:122-124.

Crucifixion came into existence in 400 BC, and the Pharaoh of Moses lived in 1447 BC, which is a difference of roughly 1000 years.

But the dullard authors of the Quran mixed everything up. If Allah is actually the author, then Allah doesn't know history

Does evil come from Allah?

Yes:
.... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....
Quran 4:78

No:
Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself. But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact
Quran 4:79

Actually there are answers for your contradictions but the thread is for the Biblical narration only!
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:
AntiChristian You call it contradiction? Is allah contradicting himself for saying Jesus Christ is Alive and coming back again? Answer these questions

Jesus didn't die at all. And what he's coming to do is different in Islam and Christianity.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

From all you wrote, I can give three conclusions...

1. All the books agreed that Jesus died.

2. All the books agreed that he ressurected.

3. All the books agreed that Jesus ascended to heaven.

4. ...and lastly,all the books agreed that he is the son of the most high God.

These four points are the anchor on which a Christian belief is hinged.

All the books were written by different people after Jesus had ascended to heaven.

Jesus said that if you don't believe in him, you will die in your sins.

Do you believe in Jesus?

Stop all these. Even all the points you wrote there not all Christians agree on it. All the books agree on a given fact but the way the facts are carried out are different! This means the reports are not accurate.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2020
veeshock:

Agreed there are variations here and there, and some things that might have been misrepresented, but you should learn to differentiate between "inspiration" and "dictation" before criticizing. Its basic english, you do not need a special annointing to understand that.

A work done by inspiration may not give every exact detail but focuses on the most important aspects, on the contrary one given by dictation should be precise and exact...can we now examine your "glorious" quran given by "dictation"

How do we know what's inspiration and what is dictation in the Bible? A large portion of the NT are allegedely letters of Paul.

As for the Qur'an you can open a thread and mention me. This is strictly biblical.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by advocatejare(m): 8:27am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Moses did not see Allah, He only heard Allah and he was an exception.
So you have suddenly gone blind, the word there is speak not see now go and read it again and tell see how Allah contradicted himself.

No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"

In secondary school you were thought about metaphor. The use of "as" or "like" points to this.

This guy is as tall as a pole!

The guy is like Mount Everest!
So Allah could not be specific, he couldn't stick to either 50 thousand or 1000 years?
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by advocatejare(m): 8:30am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Actually there are answers for your contradictions but the thread is for the Biblical narration only!

Of course, there are answers not found in the Quran itself but answers given by those who tried to do damage control for Allah, those smarter than Allah. Let's see those answers na and burst their bubbles as usual

1 Like

Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Originakalokalo(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Stop all these. Even all the points you wrote there not all Christians agree on it. All the books agree on a given fact but the way the facts are carried out are different! This means the reports are not accurate.

It is a convenient conclusion for you.

For me, I have hope of eternal life.

Do you?

Jesus made it categorically clear that anyone who does not believe in him is condemned already.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

It is a convenient conclusion for you.

For me, I have hope of eternal life.

Do you?

Jesus made it categorically clear that anyone who does not believe in him is condemned already.

Where did Jesus himself said that?
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2020
advocatejare:

So you have suddenly gone blind, the word there is speak not see now go and read it again and tell see how Allah contradicted himself.

No:

Yes, to Moses:

Why didn't you state the first verse fully? Why are you so adept in telling liars like this?
And it is not for any human being that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a partition or that He sends a messenger to reveal, by His permission, what He wills. Indeed, He is Most High and Wise.

And [We sent] messengers about whom We have related [their stories] to you before and messengers about whom We have not related to you. And Allah spoke to Moses with [direct] speech.
advocatejare:

So Allah could not be specific, he couldn't stick to either 50 thousand or 1000 years?

advocatejare post=92690311
How long is Allah's day?
One thousand years:
"Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning."
Quran 22:47
[/quote]

A Day in the sight of Allah is like 1000 years of our reckoning on earth!

[quote author=advocatejare
:

Fifty thousand years:
"The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:"
Quran 70:4

The Angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day which is 50,000 years of our reckoning!

No contradiction as the subjects are different!
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Ndipe(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2020
Yet, The Holy Bible is the bestseller of all bestsellers. Who can top that? That speaks volumes on the authenticity of The Good Book as the Holy Bible is commonly referred to, inspite of your criticism.

kingxsamz:
Lol, what do you expect from a 2000 year old book that has been edited, re-edited and re-re-re-re-re- edited? And they claim it was inspired by some white bearded sky man.
Clowns. undecided
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by kingxsamz(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2020
Ndipe:
Yet, The Holy Bible is the bestseller of all bestsellers. Who can top that? That speaks volumes on the authenticity of The Good Book as the Holy Bible is commonly referred to, inspite of your criticism.

The quran sells too and other religious books also. Doesn't mean anything.
You can lie to yourself all you want, still doesn't mean anything. tongue

1 Like

Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Originakalokalo(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus himself said that?

John 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²³ And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

²⁴ I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

Simple and clear.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Ndipe(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2020
The Holy Bible is the bestselling Book in the world. Check Guinness Book of Records.

kingxsamz:

The quran sells too and other religious books also. Doesn't mean anything.
You can lie to yourself all you want, still doesn't mean anything. tongue
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by kingxsamz(m): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2020
Ndipe:
The Holy Bible is the bestselling Book in the world. Check Guinness Book of Records.

Yeah it is, no doubt about that.
Starwars is also one of the best selling films too.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by sagenaija: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:
How do we know what's inspiration and what is dictation in the Bible? A large portion of the NT are allegedely letters of Paul.
As for the Qur'an you can open a thread and mention me. This is strictly biblical.

Shouting 'Contradictions!' does not prove anything. Merely claiming to have proved a point doesn't make it so either.

You need to be able to clearly show or explain the contradictions. Unfortunately you've not been able to do that.

You've not been able to refute any of the points presented here. What I see is that you just want to engage in frivolity.

You only intended to pacify yourself with the idea that if the Bible has contradictions then it is ok for the Koran to have its discrepancies.

Taking such a stance means that you are not really seeking the truth.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 10:09am On Aug 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

John 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²³ And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

²⁴ I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

Simple and clear.

Can you state the context of this verses?
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Originakalokalo(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Can you state the context of this verses?

You will die in your sins if you don't believe that he is the Messiah that took away your sins.

You are already condemned, you don't have to wait till you die.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

You will die in your sins if you don't believe that he is the Messiah that took away your sins.

You are already condemned, you don't have to wait till you die.

Is there a verse where Jesus said categorically he would take away anyone's sin?
I am not condemned! Na u condemn yourself.

When a man came to Jesus in Matthew and asked how will he get eternal life, why didn't Jesus tell him he will die in his sins if he doesn't believe that he will die for him?

Jesus emphasised following the commandments and then following him after selling all his properties and giving it to the poor!
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 10:31am On Aug 12, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Shouting 'Contradictions!' does not prove anything. Merely claiming to have proved a point doesn't make it so either.

You need to be able to clearly show or explain the contradictions. Unfortunately you've not been able to do that.

You've not been able to refute any of the points presented here. What I see is that you just want to engage in frivolity.

You only intended to pacify yourself with the idea that if the Bible has contradictions then it is ok for the Koran to have its discrepancies.

Taking such a stance means that you are not really seeking the truth.

As I have reiterated several times here, the thread is about the OP and Christianity. If you don't have anything tangible to post then stop my mention.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Originakalokalo(m): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is there a verse where Jesus said categorically he would take away anyone's sin?
I am not condemned! Na u condemn yourself.

When a man came to Jesus in Matthew and asked how will he get eternal life, why didn't Jesus tell him he will die in his sins if he doesn't believe that he will die for him?

Jesus emphasised following the commandments and then following him after selling all his properties and giving it to the poor!

From the previous reply, he said....you will die in your sins if you don't believe in me.

What does that mean?

If you believe in me, your sins will be forgiven......that means he is taking the sins away....

Take a look at this also,

Matthew 26 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁶ And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

²⁷ And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

²⁸ For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Shed for many for the remission of sins.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

From the previous reply, he said....you will die in your sins if you don't believe in me.

What does that mean?

If you believe in me, your sins will be forgiven......that means he is taking the sins away....

Take a look at this also,

Matthew 26 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁶ And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

²⁷ And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

²⁸ For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Shed for many for the remission of sins.

So the bread they ate was Jesus' body?
And the wine they drank was Jesus' blood?
And the the bread and wine is the blood which is shed for the sins of many right?

What a subtle way to call the disciples cannibals! And did Judas too ate the body & blood of Jesus too?
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by sagenaija: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

As I have reiterated several times here, the thread is about the OP and Christianity. If you don't have anything tangible to post then stop my mention.
I know that comprehension is difficult for many of you because all you're taught is to cram the Koran into your heads. So, when it comes to analysing issues you are lost.

What I was very simply saying is that you have not been able to refute any of the responses to what you copied and pasted.

All we see you do here is dart from one thing to another. When you have been refuted, instead of admitting it, you just present something else, hoping that that will shift the focus away from the real issues.

Where are the contradictions in what you posted? We haven't seen it. And you've been unable to clearly explain anything.

You end up showing us that there's really no integrity in Islam. You can engage in any deceptive tactic as long as it gets you what you want. To you the end justifies the means.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Originakalokalo(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

So the bread they ate was Jesus' body?
And the wine they drank was Jesus' blood?
And the the bread and wine is the blood which is shed for the sins of many right?

What a subtle way to call the disciples cannibals! And did Judas too ate the body & blood of Jesus too?

That was symbolic.

He was referring to his death and the cleansing power of his blood.

Some of you claim you believe in him.... Jesus mentioned that any who believes in him should get baptized and follow his teachings...

You don't believe in him if this is not done.

We are done here.

Peace
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Image123(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah it is, no doubt about that.
Starwars is also one of the best selling films too.

Even your parents have not heard of Star Wars before. Be real with facts.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by kingxsamz(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Image123:

Even your parents have not heard of Star Wars before. Be real with facts.

Yeah many villages in China don't know about the bible also, same with many distant tribes around the world. cheesy
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by Image123(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah many villages in China don't know about the bible also, same with many distant tribes around the world. cheesy

But they know Star Wars, right? Or you think best selling means everybody has it? As usual you missed the point, your comparison was moronic.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by kingxsamz(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
Image123:

But they know Star Wars, right? Or you think best selling means everybody has it? As usual you missed the point, your comparison was moronic.

grin clown.
Your brother in the lord said it was the bestselling Book na. And I said same with star wars. And same with Harry Potter.
And you're telling me my parents haven't heard or seen star wars. And I'm telling you that many villages in China haven't heard about the bible, or seen one. Talk more of reading it. Who's talking about owning one here? Clown. cheesy
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

That was symbolic.

He was referring to his death and the cleansing power of his blood.

Some of you claim you believe in him.... Jesus mentioned that any who believes in him should get baptized and follow his teachings...

You don't believe in him if this is not done.

We are done here.

Peace

That's your way! Our way of believing in him differs!
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by AntiChristian: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
sagenaija:

I know that comprehension is difficult for many of you because all you're taught is to cram the Koran into your heads. So, when it comes to analysing issues you are lost.

What I was very simply saying is that you have not been able to refute any of the responses to what you copied and pasted.

All we see you do here is dart from one thing to another. When you have been refuted, instead of admitting it, you just present something else, hoping that that will shift the focus away from the real issues.

Where are the contradictions in what you posted? We haven't seen it. And you've been unable to clearly explain anything.

You end up showing us that there's really no integrity in Islam. You can engage in any deceptive tactic as long as it gets you what you want. To you the end justifies the means.

Is it here you want to claim integrity? When you put up a post on Islam and slavery and I did same didn't you run away?
I asked you to explain who are the three people Jesus said will tempt Peter and you ran away again!

Mr. integrity! Visit the thread and answer the questions you've been running from! https://www.nairaland.com/6022599/slavery-jehovah-yahweh#92237819
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by sagenaija: 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is it here you want to claim integrity? When you put up a post on Islam and slavery and I did same didn't you run away?
I asked you to explain who are the three people Jesus said will tempt Peter and you ran away again!

Mr. integrity! Visit the thread and answer the questions you've been running from! https://www.nairaland.com/6022599/slavery-jehovah-yahweh#92237819

God back and read my last post.
Your answer is there.
Re: Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension by sagenaija: 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

God back and read my last post on this thread.
Your answer is there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Forum Strictly! For Jehovah's Witnesses!!! / The Paranoia Of Christianity / Until Jehovah Kills This Certain People, I'll Doubt The Bible Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.