Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,415 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy (21070 Views)

Abike Dabiri: Many Nigerians ‘Stranded’ In UAE Are Ex-Convicts / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / 300 Nigerians Stranded In UAE Arrive Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Farki: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2020
NofiuFade:
all this excuse are still not enough for you to go nd be stranded in another peoples country build with their own sweat and blood, only coward think this way!!!, why will you go and be sleeping Inside gutter because of just only good road and constant electricity, why can't you demand for all those good life you mention while you are here in Nigeria
When people demanded for it 2 days ago the government sent the military and police to arrest and beat them up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by IvarDboneless: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

The truth is that with that cashier position he is better than an head of state in Nigerian, there is nothing like earning an honest living with clear hope of better days. with that cashier job he will get home and switch on electricity, open tap and water will run, go to the bank and get loans with no collateral, speak to the county chairman on phone, walk into community library, use public bus � , sue anyone that violates his rights and get justice, drive to anywhere anytime of day and night without the fear of any danger, receives disaster alert on his phone at least 1 to two hrs before the disaster occur, get tax refund every year, have access to mortgage loans, have the right to vote and be voted for, free education for his children, available scholarship for any of his qualified children “on merits” clean serene neighborhood just as he likes it, police and fire service at his finger tips, working paid internet wifi, many more benefits he can never dream of as a bank rubbish manager in nigeria.

Fvck bank manager
God bless you
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Aboguede(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2020
Wise man

So ba America u dey use compare Nigeria?

U be nnamdi kanu coward cow

U and NK are ignorant fuuls

Nairalandmonika:

Nigeria govt owes us everything on Earth, stop being foolish. It's the duty of Nigeria govt to save the life n properties of Nigerians anywhere in the world.

That's the primary aim of every govt. You see US, they don't play with their citizens, that what makes them better than us.

During the swearing in of buhari he took an oat to save guard Nigerians life and prosperities.

If u don't know something is good u keep quiet rather than saying trash.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by NofiuFade(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2020
Farki:

When people demanded for it 2 days ago the government sent the military and police to arrest and beat them up.
yes, as expected check history of those develop countries!! They all have one two story to tell partaining to that, power is not given easily, we will never stop demanding for the kind of good life we deserve!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by bigtt76(f): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2020
Spoke my mind too. This entitlement feeling is too bad. Were they living la vida loca ni? No savings? I thought they left Nigeria to enjoy a better life than they had back at home? angry

onoja12:
Were do Nigerians get the idea that it is the duty of missions to arrange free flights for them,the missions didnt take you to those countries,you did so on your own,the mission duty is to make arrangement for approval for emergency flights that is if you can afford it,there is no budget anywhere for such.
Please note every country who makes flight arrangement for their citizens,the citizens always bear the cost.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nairalandmonika: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2020
Aboguede:
Wise man

So ba America u dey use compare Nigeria?

U be nnamdi kanu coward cow

U and NK are ignorant fuuls

Mumu, am just telling u it's the primary ain of every govt.
They even teach it in secondary School. The primary aim is to save life and prosperities of it's citizens.
After all the govt take the resources of the citizens.

I wouldn't blame u Sha, u are just an illiterate, what do u know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Elsueno: 9:09am On Aug 08, 2020
The only problem of Nigeria is the super natural rate of corruption. Now, every country has it's corruption, but ours is soo high to the extent that we couldn't even keep it out of critical sectors like SECURITY & ECONOMY. those areas need as high merit as possible instead of connection filling 95%
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by drkay(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2020
chika0072:
You see, many of you saying na nigeria send them come UAE...you are wrong. Consulate even abandon them is even wrong, you don't know the sun in uae. Sleeping on the road....looking for cartons to put on the ground to sleep on....shit I saw some it was heart breaking. Yes few are at fault no doubt...but you see a working government will always put its citizens first. THE DISRESPECT SHOWN TO THESE PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF THEIR DOINGS IS NOTED BY THE UAE CITIZENS, THAT IS HOW THEY WILL THREAT YOU ALL SOMEDAY AND WITH THE BELIEF YOUR GOVT WILL DO NOTHING...NOT ONLY WHEN YOU COME TO UAE, ALL OVER THE WORLD IS WATCHING... we can use planes to go carry so-called repentant bokoharams but we can't secure a fair deal for your stranded citizens to bring them home...even there are empty rooms around the place where they are sleeping...its an estate building that is not fully developed. What is wrong with consulate negotiating for at least two rooms or three....one for girls and others for boys with toilet and bathrooms. Then let them feed themselves till they make a nice deal to take them home....and also have them monitored because truly majority of them are bad eggs but you don't close your eyes because bad people are passing...you will not see the good ones.

Even the place I work, some of the locals (business owners) yesterday went to give them food...some police was even try to question them why they are giving them food till the locals put them in their place....you see and this is because our govt are not looking at them as humans...now others are doing same. Don't look at their crimes...they are many good men their who are victims of this pandemic...lost all...dubai is expensive. Let the govt come and help.

Some african countries wont let their citizens feel like animals....even animals are not allowed to stay under the uae sun....animal activists will make u see pepper...

NB:
My English should not be a problem here... let's be humans for once.
Please in which of the Emirates are these folks? Can you provide more details?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by ArewaTech1(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2020
Just Asking, How Do People Get Stranded Abroad?

I Want To Give It A Try.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by doteb(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
Were do Nigerians get the idea that it is the duty of missions to arrange free flights for them,the missions didnt take you to those countries,you did so on your own,the mission duty is to make arrangement for approval for emergency flights that is if you can afford it,there is no budget anywhere for such.
Please note every country who makes flight arrangement for their citizens,the citizens always bear the cost.

since there is no flight from UAE to Nigeria, so is the work of the embassy to arrange with the government of UAE for repatriate flight for their citizens. this process is for all countries citizen leaving the country because their airspace are lockdown due to covid -19
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Aboguede(m): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2020
Sorry oh

I did not know u are talking about primary school

Nairalandmonika:

Mumu, am just telling u it's the primary ain of every govt.
They even teach it in secondary School. The primary aim is to save life and prosperities of it's citizens.
After all the govt take the resources of the citizens.

I wouldn't blame u Sha, u are just an illiterate, what do u know.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nairalandmonika: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2020
bigtt76:
Spoke my mind too. This entitlement feeling is too bad. Were they living la vida loca ni? No savings? I thought they left Nigeria to enjoy a better life than they had back at home? angry

That's not the issue, it's not about how they live their life, it's about the govt owning up to their responsibility.

If the govt can take the oil in the land of a Niger Delta man, the govt should also be able to rescue the Niger Delta man stranded in Dubai.

I just use Niger Delta as an example. It's goes for all Nigerians.

A country is just like an agreement between the govt and it's people. The people pay tax, the people give the govt their resources, in turn, the govt protect the people.

At this very point Nigeria govt has failed to live up to it's part of the agreement.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

They are not waiting for Free flights , Dubai is not renewing visit visas for Nigerians at the moment after Husspuppi issues , cos of covid ban no flights available for them to go before the August 17 deadline , they have their flight money with them , the issue is no flights available , only one airpeace flight went yesterday , so they all went to airport even without tickets , the airpeace took only about 250 of them , about 5,000 of them still stranded
What they only need is for FG to give green signal to any airline , Emirates and airpeace are waiting for their greenlight to fly them in , they have ticket money , I have friends there , I have videos and pictures , I have videos where they went to consulate I bur Dubai begging for green signal to any airline , that they will pay ,
After August 17 if u are still there u face jail sentence as illegal immigrant and ban not to enter UAE for life , fine is 10k naira a day for over stay , if I stay till September 17 , u pay 300k plus lifetime ban , that's why they are all running to leave before 17th August , but no flights, God will help them !

If that's the true state of affairs then the Federal government should look into ways to speed up the evacuation. They can also reach an agreement with the UAE government to give them more time.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by rollandben(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2020
Is like your P man is a politician, or top Nig government official, otherwise you wouldnt have been reason such way, just ask yourself, is Nigeria a better country the way its??
Dont let us decieves ourselves Nigeria is for suffer heads except if you had oppotunity....abeg jare, suffer no dey taya you ni!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nairalandmonika: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2020
Aboguede:
Sorry oh

I did not know u are talking about primary school

See, couldn't say anything reasonable in ur two replies.

Asking me if am nnadi kanu and talking about primary school.

Dundee
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2020
e no concern me...
cos dem no announce when they were going...
I like as dem dey abandoned by the embassy...
make dem put calls through to their families..

those ones fit come and rescue dem, since the time wey dem dey fly go dem no get sense.

rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by kaludestiny10(m): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2020
That country too dey expensive and coupled with the fact that, they hate Nigerians. All these our brothers and sisters that are rushing to country's like UAE and co, you guys should better stay back in Nigeria oh. No place like home.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by nomenclature(m): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2020
Oga everywhere is better than nigeria ,stop giving yourself false hope ,that is the plain truth,even if they are stranded ,even american citizens gets stranded at a point and their government helps,show me one country nigeria is better than ,don't mention the war torn countries
onoja12:
They all think anywhere is better than Nigeria until they reach there,then them go dey beg to go house.

quote author=7lives post=92570358]

One of those wailing neglect fled this country with my hard earned 1.8 million naira.
I dey wait make the animal land, he must chop sand..
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Bhol28: 9:27am On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
that's just the fact,Canadians that were recently moved back from Nigeria to Canada all paid for there flights,same as Americans,the flights even cost more than normal rate cause they are all arranged emergency flights

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lexy2014: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:

It's not entirely true that evacuations are paid by d citizens. In some cases, citizens pay. In many cases, d country pays. So it is d duty of d mission to organize free flights if d need be
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nairalandmonika: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2020
Bhol28:
that's just the fact,Canadians that were recently moved back from Nigeria to Canada all paid for there flights,same as Americans,the flights even cost more than normal rate cause they are all arranged emergency flights
Who arranged the flight when no air movement was allowed?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by od501: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

The truth is that with that cashier position he is better than an head of state in Nigerian, there is nothing like earning an honest living with clear hope of better days. with that cashier job he will get home and switch on electricity, open tap and water will run, go to the bank and get loans with no collateral, speak to the county chairman on phone, walk into community library, use public bus � , sue anyone that violates his rights and get justice, drive to anywhere anytime of day and night without the fear of any danger, receives disaster alert on his phone at least 1 to two hrs before the disaster occur, get tax refund every year, have access to mortgage loans, have the right to vote and be voted for, free education for his children, available scholarship for any of his qualified children “on merits” clean serene neighborhood just as he likes it, police and fire service at his finger tips, working paid internet wifi, many more benefits he can never dream of as a bank rubbish manager in nigeria.

Fvck bank manager

Omoh is point oo grin
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Buzx: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

Fvck bank manager

Haha you really don't know much about life in America, do you? It is not as it seems, bro. Life in America is harder than you think. Every minute you're paying bills, bills, bills, so you got to work, work, work. Most americans live off credit. They can't afford to buy things out right and completely.

Change your perception about America.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lexy2014: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2020
bigtt76:

Does d president & his family not have entitlement mentality? Do d politicians who steal billions everyday not have entitlement mentality? Who is paying for Aisha buharis flight& medical treatment in Dubai for neck pain? Y is d "entitlement mentality" of stranded Nigerians to be evacuated now a crime?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Bhol28: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Who arranged the flight when no air movement was allowed?
Various Govts arranged the flights with various airlines via special approvals to move stranded citizens but the citizens pay for such flights.It takes more time to get the flights ready though but they will be available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Get Egypt Visa / Another Container Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.