Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

The Experience Of Motherhood, "Ikunle ". - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Experience Of Motherhood, "Ikunle ". (732 Views)

Why Is Motherhood So Important To Igbo And Yoruba Culture? / Sculptures Depicting The Sad Experience Of Slavery / My First Experience Of Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Experience Of Motherhood, "Ikunle ". by AfroBeatDiary: 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
Motherhood is an experience of grace that nature bestowed on every women (ABI) with the capacity to host "Erelu Ogbogbo l'ogbon ojo", but not all of them will be referred to as " Iya Omo-mother."

"Ikunle " is a Yoruba esoteric concept whose essence is beyond grammatical and mental manipulation of men. The first degree Yoruba invocational child bearing position with authority and power that does not only align them with grand master of motherhood, that is rhetorically called Ile(mother Earth), but also empower them to bless every one that blessed or cursed those that stands in the way of their child progress in life, and also seeks for motherhood forgiveness, all for the love of children and humanity.

Ejowo, ero ti Ikunle mo mi lara ki e ma gbemi sepe, sugbon ki e saanu mi---please, consider the child bearing pains of my mother to bless and not to curse me.

Written by Yusuf Adetola kareem
Picture source: unknown author(s)
https://africandiarytv..com/2020/08/the-experience-of-ikunle-.html

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Landing 1800AD / School Children Beat Up A Masquerade! / FG: Heal The Wound Of 1967 Civil War On Igbos – Oluwo Of Iwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.