Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

That Curse Might Be Yours To Put Down But You Need To Know How - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Curse Might Be Yours To Put Down But You Need To Know How (226 Views)

Always Remember "I'll bless those that Bless You & Curse Those That Curse You" / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Curse Might Be Yours To Put Down But You Need To Know How by anekearinze(m): 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
INSPIRATIONAL SHOT- That Curse Might Be Yours To Put Down But You Need To Know How

Looking at Kingsley, my friend's favourite proverb came to mind; “you can never tell from an old woman's lips that she ever used it for suckling a nipple.” He started this way, “Everything changed the moment I began to question my actions and all my key decisions. I was going to be forty in a couple of years ahead but aside from the beard I wore on the jaw and both cheeks, there was nothing else to show, for at least, the time I had been around on the planet trying to survive. It got to the point that my friends baptized me ‘food is ready’. It was an attempt to embarrass me for relying heavily on my mother for feeding(survival). My father died when I was five; leaving my mother with the responsibility of taking care of my siblings and I. There were expectations placed on me as the first son but like a striker who lacked confidence, I wasted all the opportunities presented to me; and the only reason this team(my family) stayed above board was because of my mother. She was like the super goalie that kept a poor team in the game with stellar ‘saves-upon-saves’ performance. There was a day I shed tears because of my situation; my mother despite being seriously ill had to pick herself up so that she could go to the market and make some sales. With the able me, that wouldn't have happened.”

He licked his lips yet again, and then continued, “I had to sit one day to reflect on my journey. I recall leaving school when I was five. The idea was to go in early for apprenticeship, graduate and then establish my own business. I was hoping that by the time my peers were through college and university, I would have achieved financial freedom or perhaps carve a big niche in my area of business. Everything was in perfect shape except that I wasn't ready yet in keeping my side of the bargain. Right from day one in my master’s place, I made several wrong choices and within two years, I was back to where I started from- that was home. On my return, there was an urgent consensus to get me back on track. Within a few weeks of returning, I was shipped out for the second time to understudy a painter. My time there was short too. Within a couple of months, I found my way back home. When my parents felt the apprenticeship thing was not working for all the parties involved, they had a meeting and reached the unanimous agreement to package me back to school.”

Nodding in agreement encouraged him. He said, “I was not too old but getting back to school for me was like coming to church in a party dress- everything seemed odd to me. And for these reasons, my situation was not getting better. There was no proviso to my going back to school but I felt the pressure to make it a success by all means. I got entangled with a lot of girls and such life must come with consequences. Grace and Blessing, two teenage girls, became pregnant for me. These are names one would expect to become associated with for a life-changing effect but mine went south with both in my life. The wages? I was handed a piece of decisive expulsion advice from school. I was back to square one. At this point, there was only one line of thought; that I was under a curse that I needed to be cleansed of. Recommendations started pouring in from assumed stakeholders. Native doctors, the clergy and all forms of spiritual representations made the list.”

In closing, Kingsley slowed down but said, “It was at this point that my redemption arrived like a white dove that came to reshape a battered life. Somehow, and perhaps because of my faith which had not been tainted, I rejected their plans. I quickly left town to spend some time with a friend so the pressure could simmer down. It was there that my eyes were opened to my blind side. With my friend, I took a journey down memory lane and all my mistakes began to open like a can of worms looking for absolution. It was a situation that came up with one obvious result; that I had been the one stopping myself all those while. We took a journey through all the trouble points and the decisions that birthed them. It was so glaring that I had been the source of my sojourn in the desert of life. I didn't need anyone to make me realize that those bad decisions that I made defined my future, the very one that I was grappling with. I saw myself sitting in a bouquet of consequences that derived from those delinquent years. That moment of truth changed my life. I went home and summoned my people. I let them know there was no curse. I told them if ever there was one, that it should be me. To their utter amazement, the foundation of my turning point was remarkably established that day. Since then(to date), before I take any decision, I always ask myself, "Can you take responsibility or bear the consequences of this decision?” It became my cardinal rule and life has been beautiful ever since.”

REFLECTION
Our lives must bear the consequences of the decisions that we take. Unfortunately, most people either do not realize this or they do so very late. And again, it is not only the decisions that we make that shape our future; those we shy away from making, form a fundamental part of what our tomorrow becomes.

Every action comes with a consequence. Just like Kingsley realized, make sure that you are prepared for those consequences before you take them.

For more inspirational stories:
https://anekearinzeblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Always Remember This About "Touch Not My Annoited" / Catholic Arch Bishop Commissions Dialysis Center At Ijede / Prophetic Utterance On Donald Trump Of America That Is Viral In The Last 48hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.