Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Nanoscience Or Polymer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nanoscience Or Polymer Science (418 Views)

ABU Establishes Professorial Chair In Polymer, Textile Engineering / Polymer Production And Classification Is A Trending Study In Institution. / Suggest A Project Topic For Final Year Polymer And Textile Engineering Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2020
Hello Hause,
Please I write to seek for your suggestions in choosing from among the stated courses at M.Sc level.
I currently have these two admissions and deciding on which one to go for und was unable to decide so far as both are trending fields of science and hold a great potential for the future.
I'll like to hear from the humble members of this forum.
Thanks
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Aguemma(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2020
Seems you studied Metallurgical and materials Engineering
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by TrollKiller(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2020
Nano

1 Like

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by mrphysics(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2020
Ism4b:
Hello Hause,
Please I write to seek for your suggestions in choosing from among the stated courses at M.Sc level.
I currently have these two admissions and deciding on which one to go for und was unable to decide so far as both are trending fields of science and hold a great potential for the future.
I'll like to hear from the humble members of this forum.
Thanks
Go for Nanoscience. There are lots of opportunities in that field. Also, you will see alot of Ph.D sponsored program in the Nano field.

2 Likes

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nanotechnology is a great field with tremendous potential. I would stongly advice you to leave Nigeria if you want to venture into the Nanoworld. I am a nanotechnology enthusiast and am equally looking forward to doing another MSc and PhD in Nanotechnology or Nanoengineering . In other words, if you are looking forward to staying in Nigeria, then I would expect you go for Polymer Sci. I doubt if their are more than 2 schools doing Nanotechnology at Masters and PhD level. Also your value will not be appreciated in Nigeria. I have done some researches concerning Nanotech in Nigeria. You can mail me on jude.ehirim@yahoo.com so that we can talk better.

2 Likes

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
mrphysics:

Go for Nanoscience. There are lots of opportunities in that field. Also, you will see alot of Ph.D sponsored program in the Nano field.

All the courses are in German universities and the Polymer science is a collaboration between a German and French university with both giving separate MSc certificates upon completion while the nanoscience university is in a particular university. I'm planning on coming back to Nigeria immediately after completion of the programme that's why I'm thinking if polymer is ok for me.
Thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jaydchukwuemeka:
Nanotechnology is a great field with tremendous potential. I would stongly advice you to leave Nigeria if you want to venture into the Nanoworld. I am a nanotechnology enthusiast and am equally looking forward to doing another MSc and PhD in Nanotechnology or Nanoengineering . In other words, if you are looking forward to staying in Nigeria, then I would expect you go for Polymer Sci. I doubt if their are more than 2 schools doing Nanotechnology at Masters and PhD level. Also your value will not be appreciated in Nigeria. I have done some researches concerning Nanotech in Nigeria. You can mail me on jude.ehirim@yahoo.com so that we can talk better.

I'm actually thinking of coming back to Nigeria after completion of the programme (in Germany)
That's why I'm thinking if polymer is ok for me. Being an Applied chemistry graduate and the polymer is offered by chemistry department of the universities while nanoscience is offered by biology department of the University.
I don't want to like change field you know how Nigeria works
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
Aguemma:
Seems you studied Metallurgical and materials Engineering
No I studied Applied Chemistry
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
mrphysics:

You think polymer is having less opportunities in Nigeria?
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by MyChoice1: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ism4b:

You think polymer is having less opportunities in Nigeria?

Yes oo, tbh most polymer graduates ended up as bankers and the bright ones changed field to other engineering areas. others opened paint factories... which of course anyone can set up provided you have the cash... but why do you want to come back to Nigeria afterwards?
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ism4b:

I'm actually thinking of coming back to Nigeria after completion of the programme (in Germany)
That's why I'm thinking if polymer is ok for me. Being an Applied chemistry graduate and the polymer is offered by chemistry department of the universities while nanoscience is offered by biology department of the University.
I don't want to like change field you know how Nigeria works
Thanks

I do understand you, Nanoscience is a very broad field that engulfs Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agric and Renewable and Sustainable Energy. I really think that if you want to base and work in Nigeria then you just have to consider Polymer. Nano is what i call an infant field and most of its opportunities are still on the research and development level as compared to Polymer which is on an industrial production level, on a normal basis. You know the level of Nigeria when it comes to research and development in normal Biology, Engineering and Science field, talk more research in Nanotechnology. So if you are considering returning to Nig., then i would advice Polymer Sci/ Engineering because it would help propel you into the industry and give you an edge in the industry, but if you want to pursue a career in research and development, and synthesis of nanoparticles and composite nanomaterials, then base abroad and pursue your future in Nanosci/Nanotech/Nanoeng. Also their are companies indicating interests in scaling up of research breakthroughs in Nanotech in UK, China, USA and other developed countries, you may as well excel in that axis.

Warm regards
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by mrphysics(m): 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ism4b:

All the courses are in German universities and the Polymer science is a collaboration between a German and French university with both giving separate MSc certificates upon completion while the nanoscience university is in a particular university. I'm planning on coming back to Nigeria immediately after completion of the programme that's why I'm thinking if polymer is ok for me.
Thanks for your time
Alright, great choice. You already know your choice, I guess our role is to help you confirm you made a right choice.

Polymer science is good, if you go for it, it's fine sir.

1 Like

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jaydchukwuemeka:

I do understand you, Nanoscience is a very broad field that engulfs Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agric and Renewable and Sustainable Energy. I really think that if you want to base and work in Nigeria then you just have to consider Polymer. Nano is what i call an infant field and most of its opportunities are still on the research and development level as compared to Polymer which is on an industrial production level, on a normal basis. You know the level of Nigeria when it comes to research and development in normal Biology, Engineering and Science field, talk more research in Nanotechnology. So if you are considering returning to Nig., then i would advice Polymer Sci/ Engineering because it would help propel you into the industry and give you an edge in the industry, but if you want to pursue a career in research and development, and synthesis of nanoparticles and composite nanomaterials, then base abroad and pursue your future in Nanosci/Nanotech/Nanoeng. Also their are companies indicating interests in scaling up of research breakthroughs in Nanotech in UK, China, USA and other developed countries, you may as well excel in that axis.

Warm regards
I really Appreciate your time and great responses.
Thank you so much Sir

1 Like

Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
MyChoice1:

Yes oo, tbh most polymer graduates ended up as bankers and the bright ones changed field to other engineering areas. others opened paint factories... which of course anyone can set up provided you have the cash... but why do you want to come back to Nigeria afterwards?
Thank you so much for your responses.
I actually have alot in mind and beside I am not married and don't want to stay there long
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Ism4b(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
mrphysics:

Alright, great choice. You already know your choice, I guess our role is to help you confirm you made a right choice.

Polymer science is good, if you go for it, it's fine sir.
No I just mentioned some points why I somehow think polymer science is ok for me but I can definitely change when the points raised by more knowledgeable individuals were apparently more manifest and promising than my shallow thinking.
Thanks
Re: Nanoscience Or Polymer Science by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ism4b:

I really Appreciate your time and great responses.
Thank you so much Sir

You are welcome. Just go through the advice we have given and make your decisions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Scheme Of Work. Basic Science And Technology. First Term. Primary 2 / FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education. / Covenant University Admission Merit List Is Out For 2020/2021 Section..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.