Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? (13472 Views)

Advise On How To Send An Invitation Later To Non Nigeria Want To Visit Nigeria / Which African Passport Is Best To Travel Out From Thailand? / Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by larryhomie(m): 12:07am On Feb 13, 2011
This section is like one of the most visited and comented on in nairaland and not just for the sake of it but cos guys are really looking for information that could get them out of naija. I am not against it but I advice people to think it through and always keep in touch with home, come back more often and invest your money in our country.

At the rate at which things are going, if they say Nigerians don't need any visa to visit all countries, one faithful morning one would wake up and only 50 people out of 150million go remain.
I love Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Osama10(m): 12:29am On Feb 13, 2011
larryhomie:

This section is like one of the most visited and comented on in nairaland and not just for the sake of it but cos guys are really looking for information that could get them out of naija. I am not against it but I advice people to think it through and always keep in touch with home, come back more often and invest your money in our country.

[b]At the rate at which things are going, if they say Nigerians don't need any visa to visit all countries, one faithful morning one would wake up and only 50 people out of 150million go remain.[/b]I love Nigeria

Sounds true.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by GBASKY: 12:46am On Feb 13, 2011
EVERY BODY WANTS TO GET OUT OF 9JA BECAUSE THEY WANT TO LIVE A GOOD LONG LIFE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO CUT THE POVERTY CYCLE OF THEIR FAMILY.

9JA LEADERS ARE BULL SHIT, THEY STINK BADLY
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by MaJBlige(f): 1:00am On Feb 13, 2011
The rate at which they are deported back these days surpasses the rate at which they travel out.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by jfad: 8:44am On Feb 13, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

The rate at which they are deported back these days surpasses the rate at which they travel out.

grin
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by larryhomie(m): 12:25am On Feb 14, 2011
Its true that our leaders are bad and stuff but once you get around your life here, u can visit any country on holidays. Most of our people end up living their lives as slaves and can't make enough for themselves let alone a flight ticket to come back
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by justwise(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2011
larryhomie:

Its true that our leaders are bad and stuff but once you get around your life here, u can visit any country on holidays. Most of our people end up living their lives as slaves and can't make enough for themselves let alone a flight ticket to come back
That is true, just as not everybody in Nigeria is living a decent life.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by foyeks2001(f): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by fanistic(m): 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
To be candid there are better opportunities over there compared to Nigeria and we all know it.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Christine5(f): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2011
that is because they don't know how hard it is outside as well. I see some people that have been here for a long time suffering but do not want to go home due to shame, because ppl back home will be expecting them to have made it. Its a shame, lets trust in God my brothers and sisters in Nigeria and work hard to make a decent living may God help us Amen
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by rasputinn(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
@ OP

Who told you all Nigerians want to travel out.What is wrong with travelling out or travelling in as long as it's for business or pleasure and you can afford it
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by adeomoba2(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
It's a fact that 9ija leaders are bad and don't want to do what's right for fellow 9ija's, I do not for once blame our bro and sis outside 9ija striving to make a good name for themselves despite the fact that the name 'Nigeria' is like a suicide word when ever oyinbo people hear it, but amongst those that always spoil the name, am glad some sincere 9ija are all over the world doing great things to make the name better, if you are one of those I pray God bless you, the most important thing in life is 'Get your priorities Right, believe me no matter where you are either 9ija or obodo oyinbo, you would always make it as long as your priorities are right,
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by hackney(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2011
But the ones refused visa will say: oh, they are all washing plates and dead bodies over there.
grin grin
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
It's a hard life wey we dey live for naija,everybody wan ja,everybody wan ja. My broda Larry no be small tin o. The simple answer is that the grass looks greener on the other side. This same Nigeria that people are trooping into daily and are trying to naturalise,people are saving money to process travel papers,money that would be better invested here. It is sickening. For those that have travelled and cant even eat there talk less of coming back I shake my head. ''A LIZARD IN NIGERIA CANNOT BECOME A CROCODILE IN AMERICA OR EUROPE''.A word is enuff for the wise.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
hackney:

But the ones refused visa will say: oh, they are all washing plates and dead bodies over there.
grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2011
Its appears most people want to travel out but there are some who still want to remain here.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by hbrednic: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2011
useless thread
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
fresh_dude:

It's a hard life wey we dey live for naija,everybody wan ja,everybody wan ja. My broda Larry no be small tin o. The simple answer is that the grass looks greener on the other side. This same Nigeria that people are trooping into daily and are trying to naturalise,people are saving money to process travel papers,money that would be better invested here. It is sickening. For those that have travelled and cant even eat there talk less of coming back I shake my head. ''A LIZARD IN NIGERIA CANNOT BECOME A CROCODILE IN AMERICA OR EUROPE''.A word is enuff for the wise.
How do you that the money will be best invested in Nigeria? Is everybody in Nigeria eating 3 square meal a day?
Yea, a lizard in a village in Nigeria cannot become a crocodile in Lagos or Abuja.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Mobinga: 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2011
They are unsuccessful in Nigeria.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by larryhomie(m): 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2011
This is not an issue of traveling for holidays, people want to leave and never come back and I think it is bad. I encourage studying and coming back to invest in your father land.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by adeomoba2(m): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
@Mabinga ,   They are unsuccessful in Nigeria. 

I believe many NL readers would refuse to consent to your idea of Nigerians been unsuccessful in 9ija, No that's not right, there are loads of 9ija ententrepreneur there, it's just all about being on the right ladder, how's someone going to be successfull when after finishing a degree he/she can't even get a job. my people have the best brians behind the so called third world country, If the government make the life a bit better for Nigerians I belebelievet of us all would love to stay, there's no place like home as there are some certain things you can't do abroad but would have totall liberty to do in 9ija.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by maclatunji: 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2011
I have never applied for a visa, do not even know what the process is like, so I can confidently say, not everybody wan ja. However, I am firmly convinced that no matter your nationality, one should try and visit other parts of the world and experience their culture and lifestyle first-hand.  I can see myself touring the world for about 2 years sometime in the future, once I am loaded enough to do it.  My dream is to become one of the top businessmen from Nigeria living in Nigeria.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by maxtop(m): 1:47pm On Feb 14, 2011
Same reason why you cant turn down the opportunity if it comes up !!!
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Blazing99: 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2011
It's like saying why do people choose "Better Life" to "Patriotism"
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Tcrack(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2011
i tire for these ANTI-TRAVEL OUT people.yes i was born and raised in naija but does that mean i  must live and die in naija. as of today, in terms of living conditions, nigeria ranks somewhere around the bottom so why should i stay when i can get out and get a better future? if u cant get a US visa, feel free to apply for a Yemen or Southern Sudan visa and stop the hating abeg

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Fhemmmy: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2011
That is what happened when the food of the kids are being given to the dogs and the kids are going to bed hungry.
80% of Nigeria's budget is going into paying the salary and luxurious lifes of the "leaders" so what is left for the masses . . . . .
Nigerians are now begging for visa to to to Somali
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by DeeJay20: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
Its not only Nigeria, it all other african countries.
But i am in support of the idea that if a nigerian
can travell out and live/work abroad for 3 to 5 years they shoud do it.

Nigerians need to have exposure.
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by 9jauk: 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2011
I RELOCATED TO UK TO STUDY FEW YEARS AGO, COME ON 9JA GOVERMENT IS TOTAL RUBBISH,THEY FAILED OUTRIGHTHLY TO PUT BASIC AMENTIES RIGHT,MY FISR PRAYER WHEN I LANDED WAS MY KIDS NEED TO HAVE A BETTER PASSPORT,OH YES ACCOMPLISHED, LIGHT,FOOD,BAD ROAD,CRIME RATE,RITUALIST ,KIDNAPPERS,,,COME ON 9JA NA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG FINK.
 IF U CAN MANAGE TO HEAD OUT, I KNOW BLAME U, MAY GOD DELIVER NIGERIA FROM SLAVERY.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by baslone: 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
Nigeria is a place where you can do anything and get away with
it because it's Lawless. Too many opportunities. If you quit blaming
the government for the sad state of your lives and take advantage
of the confusion, your life can turn around in a split.

True Story!!!
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
I do not understand the language of goat, sorry  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
Poster

where did you get that impression that all nigerians want to travel out ? You must be one of the disgruntled and poverty-ridden nigerians who sleep at America and British embassies and are treated like piece of thrash just because of visa.
I have absolutely no reason to travel abroad when I have my comfort here in Nigeria.Not everybody have that mentality of travelling abroad.FYI,I'm not a fan at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yenagoa - Port Harcourt Road Wrecked By The Flood (pictures) / How Nigerians Get Down In Mexico / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.