Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown (5034 Views)

Dr. Chidubem Obi Graduates With 5.0 GP In A Russian University / UNN: 50-Year-Old Chimpanzee Dies In University Of Nigeria Nsukka Zoo / Gorilla Escaped From University Of Ilorin Zoo (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by gasparpisciotta: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
Zoos across the world say their animals are becoming 'lonely' without visitors as a result of the coronavirus lockdown.

Zoo keepers have shared different methods adopted to keep animals active and engaged.

While the jaguars and chimpanzees at the Oakland Zoo have enjoyed the quiet, venturing out to areas they usually avoid.
The bears and petting pigs miss the children, they sometimes get the attention of zookeepers.

Dublin Zoo said animals were 'wondering what's happened to everyone' after closing to the public earlier this year.

A zookeeper said the animals look at him in surprise when he attends to them, as they are 'used to visitors'.

Keepers say animals in London Zoo enclosures are missing human company. They include the critically endangered Western Lowland gorilla as well as Holly, Brambles, Widget, Porticus, Ellie, Hick and Bumpkin - London Zoo's adorable pygmy goats.

Wild ducks have been visiting the zoo instead of people, so our gorillas Alika and Gernot have been having fun chasing them - they never catch them, of course.

'We've made 'snowballs' for the gorillas - balls of nuts and seeds that we throw into Gorilla Kingdom for the troop to play with and then eat.'

At Orana Wildlife Park in Christchurch, New Zealand, rhinos and giraffes were still turning up for their 'meet the public' appearances after the site shut. Many of their rare and endangered animals were missing the attention of humans, forcing staff to find ways of keeping them entertained and stimulated.

Tricks include spraying cologne and perfume in hiding places to intrigue the lions and offering puzzle feeders or playing unusual sounds to keep the keas on their toes.

Chimpanzees at a Russian wildlife park watched cartoons to stave off depression while visitors stay away during the lockdown.

Zookeepers said chimp twins Tikhon and Anfisa became miserable after people suddenly stopped coming to the park.

'After seeing them getting sad we decided to put up a TV set on a wall, and started showing cartoons,' said park director Andrey Gorban.

The pair have been watching The Lion King, among other animations.
'Their favourite is a Russian cartoon about an exhausted mother monkey who lives in a zoo,' park director Gorban said.

'They are ready to watch it non-stop.'

Tikhon, the male chimpanzee, has been lying on a sofa and snacking on raw vegetables as he enjoys the cartoons.

Zoos have since reopened its doors with social distancing measures in place but, as visitors numbers struggle to reach their usual peak the charity organizations behind the zoos are appealing for donations to help keep their doors open.

Visit a zoo today and make an animal happy grin

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8606989/The-lions-weep-tonight-Lonely-zoo-animals-world-missing-visitors-pandemic.html?

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by longetivity(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
this is serious
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by gasparpisciotta: 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lalasticlala

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Karlifate: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
It seems the earth is gradually turning to a zoo.

It was Hyundai that employed dog as sales person with valid ID, UK top diplomatic cat retires to spend time with tree & now this.

All these Hollywood Animal world movies are becoming reality. cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Amotolongbo(f): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
Only God knows how many animals would have disappeared in our naija zoos when everything comes back to normal.

This time last week Saturday, We wanted to visit the OAU zoo. When we got to the front of the gate just before EDM faculty. I noticed the place was locked and seemed like no activity had happened for long.
I started praying that God should protect the animals from hunger and human belly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by dynicks(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2020
See better country where animal lives matters alot....See as animals just dey privileged to watch scenes on t.vs as their well beings are put into consideration...

such can't be said about some where in the western part of africa..where not only are the lives of the animals kept at risk but items meant for their survival would be looted with confidence...
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by juanjo2: 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:
It was Hyundai that employed dog as sales person with valid ID, UK top diplomatic cat retires to spend time with tree & now this.
All these Hollywood Animal world movies are becoming reality.
My brother your vex no reach my vex ooo

6 Likes

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Karlifate: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
juanjo2:
My brother your vex no reach my vex ooo

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Naijasurveys(f): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
Animals have feelings too. They deserve the attention too.

If you experienced loss of smell or taste or both between Jan & June this year and you live in Nigeria, kindly check on my signature

1 Like

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by gungab(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
Common Meeenh

Imagine the kind treatment given to animals in other con3
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
I'm not surprised.
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Birdeyeview: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Monkeys have decided to pick up photography as a vocational skill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by OldNairalander(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Life no balance
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Karlifate: 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
Birdeyeview:
Monkeys have decided to pick up photography as a vocational skill
Dis ur picture dey remind of those old movies; Planet of Apes, Planet of the Apes: War, Hanuman etc
Fiction don dey turn reality. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
While here in Nigeria humans no see food rst talk more of tv to watch. Enjoy your lives Chimps. Just don't ever agree to come to Nigeria for anything whatsoever.
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by punisha: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:
All these Hollywood Animal world movies are becoming reality.

U didn't hear that chimps in calabar are regrouping?
Rise of the planet of apes is about to get real.

3 Likes

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Texman21: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Why do i like reading about animals more than trying to know humans? Hmmmm
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Karlifate: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2020
punisha:

U didn't hear that chimps in calabar are regrouping? Rise of the planet of apes is about to get real.
Hehe!

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by freshkpomo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
Lalasticlala
Verdict: 404

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by bossvinqualad25(m): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Wonders shall never end,for the cleaning of your school and also fumigation before full resumption,contact prolific giant cleaning services and if u are a site engineer u can reach out to me lets work together
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by yuswrld20(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
i bow ooo wat of ibadan zoo
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Mrdecent(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Only God knows how many animals would have disappeared in our naija zoos when everything comes back to normal.

This time last week Saturday, We wanted to visit the OAU zoo. When we got to the front of the gate just before EDM faculty. I noticed the place was locked and seemed like no activity had happened for long.
I started praying that God should protect the animals from hunger and human belly.

I knew it... I wanted to visit there on Friday but on getting to the museum and i was told that visitors were not allowed in, i knew zoo would be the same
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
These people in the part of this world are filled with overwhelming and extraordinary comfort, and the left overs of the comfort meant for helpless mankind are now given to the helpless animals..

-Nigeria and Africa, which way?? A LONG WAY INDEED!
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Thazard(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:

Dis ur picture dey remind of those old movies; Planet of Apes, Planet of the Apes: War, Hanuman etc
Fiction don dey turn reality.
I've watched Hanuman, Planet Of Apes and Dawn Of The Planet Of Apes.I would try to watch Planet Of Apes:War.

Lol Monkeys are depressed!
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by angelfallz(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Lol human belly? grin grin grin
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by micfoley: 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hmmm. COVID 19 has caused many many things o
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Shellsploit: 12:01am On Aug 09, 2020
dem fit don dey open gate for naija zoo
make dem stroll go hustle food by themselves grin

Lalasticlala sef.

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Shellsploit: 12:07am On Aug 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Maybe the animals sef don stroll go watch Big Brother Naija cheesy

Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Winniealfred1(f): 12:40am On Aug 09, 2020
Awesome
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Eborty(m): 1:35am On Aug 09, 2020
Tell them at the zoo never to worry, as Nigeria international flight has resumed this week.

Surely, visitors will be roaming in henceforth.
Re: Chimpanzees in a Russian zoo watch cartoons during the lockdown by Psalm126: 6:33am On Aug 09, 2020
One day we go hear say one animal don bcom presido or MG fr obodo yinbo shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Expensive Homes In The World And Their Owners. / INDIAN HEMP: Facts You Should Know! / SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.