Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) (63706 Views)

Adebayo Christopher Alao-Akala's Burial Pictures & Videos / Yusuf Buhari And Zahra Bayero's Presidential Wedding (Pictures, Videos) / General Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial In Pictures (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by naptu2: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2020
Lagos House, Alausa.

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by hush15: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2020
naptu2:

https://naijachronicles./2020/08/08/the-lagos-state-governors-residences-and-offices-pictures-videos-and-stories/

Waste of buildings and resources. Reason why cost of governance is quite high. When governor uses almost 4 buildings. No wonder they wan die there.

White house is white house. They don't have replica of it. Lagos house marina has so much space to incorporate so much things. Lagos no get planning at all. Governor in marina, state secretariat is at alausa. Then build at GRA when you have just moved to alausa straight. That's how our monies are being wasted
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by naptu2: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2020
hush15:

Waste of buildings and resources. Reason why cost of governance is quite high. When governor uses almost 4 buildings. No wonder they wan die there.

White house is white house. They don't have replica of it. Lagos house marina has so much space to incorporate so much things. Lagos no get planning at all. Governor in marina, state secretariat is at alausa. Then build at GRA when you have just moved to alausa straight. That's how our monies are being wasted

Err, White House is White House, but have you ever heard of Blair House and Camp David??

4 Likes

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by IvarTheBoneless: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2020
naptu2:

That's why it's good to read and understand.

I wrote that Ambode lived at Lagos House, Alausa because he wanted to save time. I also posted pictures of Ambode introducing his children to President Muhammadu Buhari and also a picture of him in the office, yet you said that he was omitted. Is it that difficult to read?

RuddyFusion is ONLY useful for posting anti Yoruba, anti Tinubu posts....

It's not surprising his IQ is insufficient to process simple things.

Thanks naptu2 as always for being my favourite nairalander with all these detailed posts, sir. Is there a naptu1 ? Love reading Nigeria's history. You gave a detailed breakdown of Domkat Bali - military hierarchy. it was very impressive and enlightening.

Thanks again!
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by naptu2: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

RuddyFusion is ONLY useful for posting anti Yoruba, anti Tinubu posts....

It's not surprising his IQ is insufficient to process simple things.

Thanks naptu2 as always for being my favourite nairalander with all these detailed posts, sir. Is there a naptu1 ? Love reading Nigeria's history. You gave a detailed breakdown of Domkat Bali - military hierarchy. it was very impressive and enlightening.

Thanks again!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by lexy2014: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

The IGR and State poverty index compared to the East answeres your question. Remove the log in your eyes First

Who asked u about east? What has east got to do with d questions I asked? It seems u struggling with ur log cos it's not allowing u read & comprehend d questions I asked. Pls read my questions again:

""So how has Lagos and lives of it's citizens improved based on d choices u said Jagaban made and based on d characteristics of Lagos that u mentioned?"

1 Like

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by Iceyjayz: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2020
Nice one
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by hush15: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2020
naptu2:

Err, White House is White House, but have you ever heard of Blair House and Camp David??

The question you ask is white house the same as Blair house and camp David?

One is the official residence and office, another is a presidential guest house, the later is a country house for hols.

All the buildings you mentioned in Lagos is official house and residence. The same service and purpose.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by naptu2: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2020
hush15:

The question you ask is white house the same as Blair house and camp David?

Is Marina the same as Ikeja GRA or Alausa?
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by hush15: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2020
naptu2:

Is Marina the same as Ikeja GRA or Alausa?

Yes now or didn't you read your post? The governor lives and works from those places.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by naptu2: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2020
hush15:

Yes now or didn't you read your post? The governor lives and works from those places.

I'm wondering if I should explain or if it will just be a waste of time.

If you didn't read my posts on the first page and if you don't know the difference between Camp David, the White House, the Presidential Town House, etc. or the difference between Ikeja GRA, Alausa and Marina, how can I be sure that you wi read and understand my explanation?
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by hush15: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2020
naptu2:

I'm wondering if I should explain or if it will just be a waste of time.

If you didn't read my posts on the first page and if you don't know the difference between Camp David, the White House, the Presidential Town House, etc. or the difference between Ikeja GRA, Alausa and Marina, how can I be sure that you wi read and understand my explanation?

Pls explain... Am not your regular average nairalander. Am all earpiece.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by naptu2: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2020
hush15:

Pls explain... Am not your regular average nairalander. Am all earpiece.

OK

1) Marina was the capital of Lagos and in fact, the capital of Nigeria during the colonial era and the early 1960s. The Governor General's house was at Marina, the National Assembly was at Tafawa Balewa Square, near Marina, the Supreme Court was at Igbosere, near Marina, the Federal Secretariat was at Marina, even the colonial church was at Marina. That's why Lagos House was built at Marina.

2) In 1976 Murtala made Ikeja the capital of Lagos (there was always this issue of rivalry between the Federal and Lagos State Governments, that's why Abuja doesn't have an elected government of its own). Therefore the headquarters of the Federal Government was on Lagos Island, while the headquarters of the Lagos State Government was in Ikeja.

At that time going between Marina and Ikeja was like going to another state. The first section of the Third Mainland Bridge was only commissioned in 1980 and that first section ended at Ebute Metta. You had to go through enormous traffic jams at Herbery Macaulay Way and another set of enormous traffic jams on Ikorodu Road in order to get to Ikeja.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State Secretariat was in Ikeja, the Lagos State House of Assembly was in Ikeja, the Lagos State Police Headquarters was in Ikeja and even the governor's office was at Ikeja.

At that time it was very clear that Ikeja was the capital of Lagos. When Shagari was sworn in at Tafawa Balewa Square, Jakande was sworn in at Police College, Ikeja. For every event that the Federal Government had on Lagos Island, the Lagos State Government had its own in Ikeja.

It wasn't a problem for Jakande, because he chose to live in his personal house in Ilupeju, which is near Ikeja, but it became a problem for Mudasiru. How would he cope going from Marina to Ikeja all the time?

That's why they bought the house at Isaac John Street. Note: that house was not built for the governor. They bought an already existing house near the governor's former house at Oba Akinjobi. That's where the military governors of the 1980s and 1990s lived. Mrs Mudasiru did not like excess. She didn't have a motorcade neither did she use sirens and it would have been impossible for her to go from Marina to her farm in Iju everyday.

Navy Captain Akhigbe felt that the situation was bad. The house at GRA was not built to be the governor's house. He felt that it would be better for the governors house and office to be at the same place, right next to the state secretariat and house or assembly. So he started building Lagos House, Alausa.

Governor Marwa's motorcade was hit by a bomb when he was on his way to work and that's why he moved back to Marina. The house at GRA was not built to be the governor's house and it didn't have the needed security.

Note: The house at GRA is not used by the governor at the moment. He doesn't live there, neither does he work there.

Bola Tinubu finished the Lagos House at Alausa, because he believed that the governor would prefer to live there instead of going from Marina to Alausa everyday, but Fashola and Sanwo-Olu have preferred to stay at Marina.

Ambode planned to turn Lagos House Marina and State House Marina into museums while he lived at Lagos House, Alausa.

By the way, the president of the US also lives and works at Camp David. It is his holiday home. Many significant international treaties have been negotiated and signed at Camp David (eg the Camp David Accords).

Blair House's main use is as a guest house for the president. It is opposite the White House. However, the president also stays there when the White House is being renovated (basically, it's just like State House Ikeja GRA). Note that Blair House is actually 3 or 4 houses joined together, but I'm referring to the original Blair House.

The Presidential Town House is where former presidents stay when they visit Washington.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by farady(m): 11:09am On Aug 09, 2020
OP, many thanks for the narration and the history carefully weaved together from inception with all the illustrative pictures and videos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by Olawalelead(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2020
yinkus6750:
Lagos, centre of excellence.
Main concentration and attraction of the country.
Commercial nerve centre of Naija, kudos to all the governor's that have covered the state from Creation.
Even the military ones, e.g. Buba Marwa, they ve all been great excellent men.
And Jagaban has also been getting it right in his choices.
EKO O NI BAJE O
Correct...
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by adeoluolagbegi(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2020
Nice piece
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by Reference(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
smiley Nice. I love history especially when privy to bit parts of it... when you could almost stroll into Lagos House and chase the peacocks....I really enjoyed my very early childhood..... I have enjoyed the best Nigeria had....I lived it then.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by sinkhole: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
It baffles me that nobody see this "omo rere bi iyan, Yoruba atata"

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by SecretPerv: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ambode also had plans to turn the Lagos House Marina into a museum of sort and the State House into an Historical building of not people could visit.. The two plans died when he left office.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by NaMe4: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Very interesting!

Rich history there!
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by misterjosh(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Onlinealaba:
Lagos has been a model for other state a viable commercial hub with active and visionary government since 2000 courtesy of jagaban, but we hope more will be done in the area of infrastructure and maintenance of existing infrastructure, par capita income in Lagos is still fair compared to other states well Eko Oni baje
we sell Smart TVs

Lagos isn't a viable commercial hub is every sense. Residents have just had to forcibly adjust to it.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by Wentworthorg: 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
Cool
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wow! Fantastic piece, absolutely fantastic! Kudos man!

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by NGpatriot: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
lexy2014:

So how has Lagos and lives of it's citizens improved based on d choices u said Jagaban made and based on d characteristics of Lagos that u mentioned?

Sadly for you and your kind, every discussion must turn into your Tinubu obsession worries, low self esteem and insecurities, why not ask yourself how government properties and your village history changed your life or prevented your leaders from looting you dry.

When you are don't explaining to us how government buildings in your village improved your village lives, then com back and ask us the same question about Lagos.

I don't know why you tribal bigots think the people far far away Lagos owe you anything, spend more time worrying about your backward villages and kerosene and your wheelbarrow village leaders.

Btw, if Lagos is yet to improve the lives of millions of your people in Lagos, they won't be trooping to Lagos and the ones there already should be on their way back to their villages.

You Igbos just can't formulate any sense beyond bigotry, hatred, bitterness, jealousy and petty anger.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by lexy2014: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
NGpatriot:

Sadly for you and your kind, every discussion must turn into your Tinubu obsession worries, low self esteem and insecurities, why not ask yourself how government properties and your village history changed your life or prevented your leaders from looting you dry.

When you are don't explaining to us how government buildings in your village improved your village lives, then com back and ask us the same question about Lagos.

I don't know why you tribal bigots think the people far far away Lagos owe you anything, spend more time worrying about your backward villages and kerosene and your wheelbarrow village leaders.

Are u sure we are having d same discussion? because I don't see where u able to answer d questions I asked. If u still want another attempt, here are d questions I asked:

"So how has Lagos and lives of it's citizens improved based on d choices u said Jagaban made and based on d characteristics of Lagos that u mentioned?"
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by NGpatriot: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
[s]
lexy2014:

Are u sure we are having d same discussion? because I don't see where u able to answer d questions I asked. If u still want another attempt, here are d questions I asked:

"So how has Lagos and lives of it's citizens improved based on d choices u said Jagaban made and based on d characteristics of Lagos that u mentioned?"
[/s]

Before asking the people in Lagos how government buildings helped their lives, show us how government buildings in your village improved your life in your village, it's simple.

The topic of discussion is not your Tinubu obsession so if you feel like displaying your usual Tinubu salutations and homage paying addorations,m go and start your own topic.

You Igbos really can be nuisance and very annoying for real.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by lexy2014: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Before asking the people in Lagos how government buildings helped their lives, show us how government buildings in your village improved your life in your village, it's simple.

The topic of discussion is not your Tinubu obsession so if you feel like displaying your usual Tinubu salutations and homage paying addorations,m go and start your own topic.

You Igbos really can be nuisance and very annoying for real.

I still don't see how what u have said has got anything to do with d questions I asked. Am sure u still want another attempt at d questions:

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by NGpatriot: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
These ignorant Igbos are nothing but petty nuisance and annoying ignorants, we shouldn't let them derail the beautiful thread with their crude and crass idiocies.

Back to topic.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by NGpatriot: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2020

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12094677_lag_jpeg738712c87814a8a0ea9d20024a893602

Government (State) House, Marina Lagos, with Marina street and the lagoon in the foreground. Built in 1896, it was the official residence of the colonial governors.

The LASG must put together restoration experts and architects to fully restore these buildings not only for historical reasons, but also for learning and tourism.
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by Goke7: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
the state house at isaac john street gra has become a shadow of itself, too bad. I just feel somehow any time i pass that route
Re: The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) by desgiezd(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
@Poster Thanks so much for this exposé. It's so enlightening and well detailed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interpol Arrested Sunday Igboho & His Wife Ropo In Benin Republic — Lawyer / Names Of Supreme Court Justices That Quashed Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction / Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.