Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio (293 Views)

I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) / 3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio by MICHEAL346(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2020
Hello,

Here is one of the amazing topic I promised to write up. If you are wondering why I made that that title, well, first here is what it is not about. I have not done so because I want to trick anyone into reading this thread. So what do you stand to loose? If you are reading this thread you will find out that you have been seeing this features but you did not know what they are capable of doing after using them. The interesting thing is that it is far way savvy than what you can see on most social media websites such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc. Truely speakingNairaland really need to look into developing it custom language blah blah blah and compete with those social media.

1. Speed: Nairaland loads very fast with high speed. In fact, I am started to compare it with that of Google search engine speed.

2. Mentions: Although, I have not tested this feature at all but I have seen some Nairaland gurus use it and from the looks of things I see it working. How? Just type the name of the user in your post/ replies/ thread and the person will get a notification of some sort.

3. Quote: There are two amazing things I will discuss about quoting yourself or someone else. The first is that the option to quote is actually a way of replying to somebody's post on a given thread. So, in order for another user to know which date or year that message was posted you can just click the name of the person being quoted written along with his/ her message, this will load and lead you to the message in the original format or source, again with speed. Most Nairaland users like to call this 'Mention', please it is called a reply rather than a mention. I know this sound shocking to these people am referring to but the truth be told. I have said something about mentions above in point two. The second about Quotes will be listed as point three below.

3. Flexibility: You don't have to repeat something that you have typed before. How? Just hit the quote button again but this time since you just want to retype the message you will start by removing the word quote that you see in the curly brackets. Delete everything that is written before the main text and after the text or message and hit submit to view the message proper without seeing it being quoted.

4. P.M: We all know that already so there is no more things left to say here but I think the mods can still improve on this.

5. Search: We have seen it everywhere, most websites like Facebook, twitter, google, Instagram has a search box to find content that matters without going from one post to the other. Nairaland, is not excempted from the list, and you can also search by using the filter box like searching for contents that contains images or not, search by categories or search the whole website easily.

So here are what I have observed form this platform, myself being a long time user of the website since way back in SSS 2 for like 11 years ago. Although, I acknowledge the fact that we have things such as likes, shares, etc I will not do well to add them in this thread because that is not what this post is all about, remember, I said exceptional features. Lastly, if you have any other thing to add to this list of features feel free to drop them in the reply section or send me a DM on whatsapp or a PM to add it to the main message body of this thread. And oops, I am not that good with text and I know I might have committed some several typos, please pardon me.

Thanks for stopping by to read my post, I hope you learnt one or two things. Let us encourage Nairaland, let's make Nigeria products great and fit worldwide. Bye for now till I come your way next time.

1 Like

Re: Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio by GODSENT253(m): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2020
how much did seun pay for this. I am asking for a friend. PS TAKE A LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE
Re: Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio by MICHEAL346(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2020
GODSENT253:
how much did seun pay for this. I am asking for a friend. PS TAKE A LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE

Do you mean how much he paid for this write up or the features themselves which I highlighted?
Re: Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio by MICHEAL346(m): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
GODSENT253:

Okay now I get. I guess you must be a fool, I didn't do this for money.

You will still go there and be scammed, soon you will come to Nairaland to start crying woes like goats and telling us about stories that touch the heart.
Re: Cool And Amazon Features You Did Not Know About Nairaland That Makes It Exceptio by GODSENT253(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
MICHEAL346:

Okay now I get. I guess you must be a fool, I didn't do this for money.

You will still go there and be scammed, soon you will come to Nairaland to start crying woes like goats and telling us about stories that touch the heart.
MICHEAL346:

Do you mean how much he paid for this write up or the features themselves which I highlighted?
okay.

(1) (Reply)

Need Your National ID Card For Online Account Verification? / Best App For Sending And Recieving Money Within Africa / Under 10k Quality Wristwatches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.