Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai (643 Views)

'Don’t Vote PDP In 2023' - El-Rufai To Kaduna Residents (Video) / Reno Omokri: Will Buhari Die If He Appoints Non-Muslim Northerner As Army Chief? / The Presidential Candidate FFK Won’t Support In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Oluwaseun1995: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2020
The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has said he would not support a northern candidate for the presidency in 2023.

El-Rufai said this on Saturday in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service as published by The Cable.

According to him, the idea of zoning the presidential seat is necessarily not constitutional, but is based on the country’s political arrangement which he believes should be respected.

The President, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Retd.), is from the North.

El-Rufai said, “The southern part of the country is supposed to produce the president come 2023; I don’t support a northerner to vie for the seat after President Muhammadu Buhari, based on Nigeria’s political arrangement.

“That is why I came out and said that after President Buhari has been in office for eight years, no northerner should run for office. Let the southerners also have eight years.

“If you look at how I am, I don’t take anyone to work with me for the zone he came from. The eligibility I look at is if who is entrusted to the public will hold it properly.”

The governor, however, said he had no interest in becoming the president in 2023 and termed rumours around such as being baseless.

He added, “It has been said that I have loved the presidency since I was a minister in the FCT. This is nonsense. I do not want the Nigerian presidency. God gives power, whether you like it or not, if He wants it, He will give it to you, but I have never sought the presidency of Nigeria, no one can say I have ever sought it.”

President Buhari’s nephew, Mamman Daura, had earlier in an interview said he was against the zoning of the presidency

https://punchng.com/i-wont-support-a-northerner-as-president-in-2023-el-rufai/

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by SmartProf(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2020
Oga channel this political energy of who to support towards ending the babaric Killings in southern kaduna. Nigeria as a whole is a mess and humans are being killed like insects, yet it's 2023 that matters to you guys..Misplaced prority.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by EagleNest(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2020
I hope you keep to your words and support wholeheartedly a southerner to lead for another 8 years. Not tomorrow now you deny it wasn't what you meant. Anyway you urgently need to solve the religious crises going on under your watch.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Iphupa: 10:01am On Aug 09, 2020
Word
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Officialgarri: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2020
Iphupa:
Word
Really?
So you believe the words of a politician without taking a pinch of salt.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Sonnyboom: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2020
Jews from hell go wail tire over this news.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Artiiclebeast: 10:26am On Aug 09, 2020
All for your lilliputanic and selfish dream of VPeeing anyone who comes up under your party abi?

The bloods of the innocent being slaughtered in Kaduna South shall hunt and hang on you and your generations head for eternity.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Kylekent59: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2020
SmartProf:
Oga channel this political energy of who to support towards ending the babaric Killings in southern kaduna. Nigeria as a whole is a mess and humans are being killed like insects, yet it's 2023 that matters to you guys..Misplaced prority.

Watch as they tag this as an IPOB news. Any opposition to them is tagged “IPOB”
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by SmartProf(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2020
Kylekent59:

Watch as they tag this as an IPOB news. Any opposition to them is tagged “IPOB”
Exactly...you can't force wisdom on people, but the truth must be told nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2020
I know APC's plan. If a northerner contests on the platform of APC, that will be the end of the party. They know this and wouldn't let that happen.

APC would eventually use federal might to tilt the election in their favour and we'll have a southern president no matter who the PDP fields as its party candidate.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Arrewa: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2020
Osibanjo and zulum all the way!

APC should give us this...

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by ThatFairGuy: 11:25am On Aug 09, 2020
Yola222:
[s][/s]
And you'll reach FCT Abuja like play like play Igbalode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by ThatFairGuy: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2020
They don't price bread. God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by ThatFairGuy: 11:27am On Aug 09, 2020
Yola222:
yes
Nice. Keep up with the good work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by ayinde2020: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2020
let wait and see
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by ManirBK: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2020
our champion TINUBU 2023 wether you like Him or not. mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j this development deserve front page wo!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by T9ksy(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Arrewa:
Osibanjo and zulum all the way!

APC should give us this...

Sorry to say but your proposition is D.O.A.

With the way things are unfolding in the country lately, I doubt if there will be any election in 2023.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Bannylove13: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
T9ksy:

Sorry to say but your proposition is D.O.A.

With the way things are unfolding in the country lately, I doubt if there will be any election in 2023.
Hmmmm

Kindly share this your thoughts with us...
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Tflex01: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
This won't go down well with our people from the East.

They want to hear "Northerners will contest in2023" so that they can spite Tinubu and insult the Yorubas.

Yet they want Presidency drop on their laps.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Tflex01: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
All for your lilliputanic and selfish dream of VPeeing anyone who comes up under your party abi?

The bloods of the innocent being slaughtered in Kaduna South shall hunt and hang on you and your generations head for eternity.

Lol... You've started changing the narratives. So it's VP he wants now. He's no longer going to disgrace Tinubu??

grin
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by BlackfireX: 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
Men talking as if they are God..
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by Artiiclebeast: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
Tflex01:

Lol... You've started changing the narratives. So it's VP he wants now. He's no longer going to disgrace Tinubu??

grin

Kindly, keep looking for the people you've been having a chat or banter with.
Re: I Won’t Support A Northerner As President In 2023 –el-rufai by secretfire: 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Could this be another political tactics geared at slowing down the southerners who are already insisting that power must return to the south?

(1) (Reply)

Only In Nigeria.. Drop Yours / Bulion Vans Scenario: Why Tinubu Must Be Probed, Arrested Now, Nigerians Cry Out / #edodecides2020: Wike, Edo CP At War Over Police Siege On Gov’s Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.