Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 (566 Views)

Nigeria Devalues Naira In Bid To Attract Foreign Investors - Financial Times / CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 / CBN Signals End To Official Rate Regime For Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by Investogist: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has officially devalued the naira or “adjusted” the official rate of the naira as the apex banks likes to call it. The CBN adjusted the official exchange rate of naira against the dollar on its website to N379.00 per dollar from N360.00 per dollar previously stated.

This is coming two months after the Apex Bank’s Governor, Godwin Emefiele disclosed, that the bank is working towards...

Read full article at https://investogist.com/cbn-devalues-the-official-rate-of-naira-for-the-second-time-in-2020/
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by donvicky2007: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
On our Naira is bleeding because it's value is depreciating faster than we know.
I hope the Naira will regain it's value soon.
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
Emefiele... Since that guy became CBN governor Naira has been on a downward slope, even before Covid-19.

I miss Sanusi. That man stopped so many nonsense in the finance sector. Once Godwin Emefiele came in, they reintroduced charges, even wanted to tax POS transactions thereby frustrating the cashless policy which could increase robbery incidents due to excess cash.
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by dawnomike(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
One of the reasons why I decided to stop making money in Naira
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by Vyzz: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
dawnomike:
One of the reasons why I decided to stop making money in Naira

Teach me how to make money....

No matter the currency � � �
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by dawnomike(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
Vyzz:

Teach me how to make money....

No matter the currency � � �
Appologies but I have stopped teaching Nairalanders... People here take things for granted especially when it comes free
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by Vyzz: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
dawnomike:
Appologies but I have stopped teaching Nairalanders... People here take things for granted especially when it comes free

I will SURPRISE YOU....

GIVE ME A TRY
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by hisgrace090: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
loneprof:
Emefiele... Since that guy became CBN governor Naira has been on a downward slope, even before Covid-19.

I miss Sanusi. That man stopped so many nonsense in the finance sector. Once Godwin Emefiele came in, they reintroduced charges, even wanted to tax POS transactions thereby frustrating the cashless policy which could increase robbery incidents due to excess cash.

This govt uses him to torment Nigerians is a fact.
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
hisgrace090:

This govt uses him to torment Nigerians is a fact.

I left out that part because of the political bigots on Nairaland. They might say I'm a PDP member for mentioning the obvious.

He's just an APC tool, nothing more.
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by GMBuhari: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
well, that's not good, neither is it bad

World economy has collapsed due to COVID , if we want to avoid 100% recession, i believe this is one of the steps to be taken

good news for some people though
Re: CBN Devalues The Official Rate Of Naira For The Second Time In 2020 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
GMBuhari:
well, that's not good, neither is it bad

World economy has collapsed due to COVID , if we want to avoid 100% recession, i believe this is one of the steps to be taken

good news for some people though

I don't see how devaluation of the Naira would help to stabilise the economy. Countries that may benefit from devaluation are those countries with a solid export market, which would make it easier for goods to be purchased, but importation would be more expensive. Since Nigeria doesn't have so much to export, I wonder how it helps the common man, since the major benefits are only visible in a production economy, which Nigeria is not.

The only effect I see here is inflation, which is basically the decrease in value of our currency leading to a higher cost of living. Nigerians are just being made to pay for the trade deficit cos that's what is happening.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Carbon Paylater Account Was Debited After I Have Paid To Their Gtb Account / Invest And Get Double / Naira Is #500 To Dollar Today 28/nov/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.