Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria (47715 Views)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Coldest States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Aquaregia42: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
After Rivers State is Edo. Edo state accept high percentage of outsiders than any of those ipob or Islamic states

5 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Bulldozer90: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Conjecture. Go to Ogun and see more variety in terms of non-indigenes
. Shagamu expressway you mean to say? because you apparently don't know the meaning of "conjecture". Everything isn't about contest. Most companies in Ogun(sagamu) are owned by few expatriates and foreign investors. The state generally is not commercialized to attract non indegenes. Over 40% of people who live in Anambra are non indigenes mostly Igbo's from Enugu, Ebonyi,IMO Abia Delta etc, although indigenes control the state economy, which makes it more difficult to spot. Go to Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi. You'll understand.

6 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Drizzy5001(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
Oga ur list no dey complete without Anambra .
Anyways my own list.
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Anambra
4.Kano
5.Ogun
6.Rivers state
7.Edo
8.Kaduna
9.Enugu
10.Plateau

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Edopesin: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
What is Edo doing there?

Beer parlour list
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Edopesin: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Oga ur list no dey complete without Anambra .
Anyways my own list.
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Anambra
4.Kano
5.Ogun
6.Rivers state
7.Edo
8.Kaduna
9.Enugu
10.Plateau

Have you been to Edo? I seriously doubt

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Vanzcharles(m): 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

Kaduna is long dead, there are more Cameroonians, Ghanaians, Gabonese citizens of coastal countries in AkwaIbom than in Delta.

I dont think Aks should be there ahead of Cally if u are talking of more Cameroonians.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
What is Ibadan doing there?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by DanEmakoji(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
If Kogi is not among it is a lie
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by oluwasegun007(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Why am I not seeing zamfara and the likes...

The likes of chad and Niger citizens full not die..

Abi dem no be Global citizens too.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Emarvel(m): 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
jamesversion:
Competition galore on NL.

Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja have not just a mix of Nigerians but a visible presence of Non Nigerians. Kaduna has a mix of mostly Nigerians because of military schools. Kano also has a nice mix of foreigners.

My list

1) Lagos

2) Abuja

3) Rivers

4) Kaduna

5) Kano.

6) Ogun

7) The others.
and why did you remove edo?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Siberia01(m): 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2020

no doubt there are many foreigners living in AKS
Igbo's
Hausa /Fulani
some few Yoruba's

Lebanese, Indians ,chineese
i see them alot and a few Germans (berger workers)

a lot of Indians

just my 2cent

4 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by DrPurple(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:
The term cosmopolitan use here refers to states where aside the indigenous tribe there are many non-indigenous residents

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
2. ABUJA- Global Citizens
3. RIVERS- ( 50-100% Global)
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

So u mean Oyo State is more Cosmopolitan than Ogun State. SMH
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by 007inc: 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:
The term cosmopolitan use here refers to states where aside the indigenous tribe there are many non-indigenous residents

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

Take this rubbish list away. What is Kano doing there? A barbaric state for that matter! Where is Onitsha? Where is Calabar? U drink soap true true

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
please what about ala Owerri?

Maka na Owerri wu oke nmba!!!!
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by sako28: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

My friend You need to write ur GCE again. Ibadan is not a state, Ibadan is capital of Oyo State. Always get your facts right before writing. Don't miss lead people with wrong or abstract analysis.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Solchizzy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
To settle this matter just use NCDC corona virus table.

The top 10 on the table is the top 10 shikena.....

6 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by LZAA: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
As soon as i saw aunty helen spearheading this thread i knew it was finished grin
Sai igbo domination
Cc immhotep sarrki iceberg3 blackking98 Afonjaconehead ebenezar2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Nairalandmonika: 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
How did u come to this conclusion, did u visit every single city in Nigeria?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Chigold101(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
and you didn't include Anambra state...
Home for all ... Odimma
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by leicestercamper: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2020
Abuja
Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Delta
Kano
Ogun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by ehinmowo: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2020
landforeast:
Some people who have never crossed Benin-Ore road will sit in the comfort of their home and be typing rubbish. Go to Onitsha and Asaba and see the number of other tribe in just these two Cities.

It's not about having other tribes. Every state have other tribe. The list above is fair enough. Onitsha and Asaba are not cosmopolitan. Those places are heavily, tribally controlled. Lagos, Abuja, and PH (I that order) are the cosmopolitan states we have NIgeria as of now. Kano also come a little close.

8 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by galantjoe(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

Is Akwaibom a city.
Even Onitsha was not there.
The poster is disintoxicated by Igbo weed

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
landforeast:
Some people who have never crossed Benin-Ore road will sit in the comfort of their home and be typing rubbish. Go to Onitsha and Asaba and see the number of other tribe in just these two Cities.
they even managed to add archaic ibadan in the list.
Who wants to go to ibadan?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by DSoj(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
Is Abuja a state?
Is Ibadan a state?

Olodo
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
Wat is my business wit global citizen hiss's

Lagos leads all second to PH and Kano d rest de learn
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Junior66(m): 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
Nasarawa State should be up there. More than half of the people referred to when talking about Abuja actually live in Nasarawa State.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by GarbaAudu: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
My list:
Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Kaduna
Warri
Jos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by bigcee(m): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
IspitonCowards:
After choking your finger inside your anus... you smell it then pick your phone and type rubbish
Guy, why u wicked grin

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
Abeg enugu should be number 4. I'm from Plateau buh dat state capital is made up of 70% non indigen. Do u knw flavor phyno niggar raw are not from Enugu, n aboki n Jos people de dere wela even banue boys way de see.

Anambra especially nnewi n onitcha should be number 5
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by ecclize: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
kaduna has to be on that list
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Akpacha(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
And Kogi is not here?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by GreatGod2020(m): 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Yes replace it with Ekiti undecided

Yes, you are 100%.

Ekitites....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman On Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train Returns To Same Seat (See Photo) / Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.