Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? (61518 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by UDUJ(m): 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
OluwaLina1:
Advice needed
Don't mind my typo errors.

My sister cancel her wedding plans all because her husband to~be insists they are going to be living with his mum after the wedding before they will build their own house.
Now,my sister said she won't go on with the wedding plans if he didn't rent an appartment,even if it's face-me-i-slap-you room,she will be okay with it,she won't even mind if the mother come to spend days with them.
Is my sister doing the right thing?

Your sister is right. They should save up and rent an apartment of their own even if it's a one bedroom apartment.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by REDBUNNY(f): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
But why on earth would a man get married and move his wife into his family house, his father's house.
Any man who does that is not ready to be married.
I can't even imagine living with my parents right now talk more of getting married and living in his own family house with his family.
No way.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by sexy74(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
luxx24:

U r nt crious
I am serious and mean it even if it’s the other way round .
Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by sexy74(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
chiddyok:

You didn’t answer any question you ran to insults. Don’t worry, there’s divorce so I won’t have to kill anyone.
When it comes to age am older than you are,
I am talking based on wisdom and experience am not a social media bully, troll or warrior.
Am married and if you are, am older than you in marriage.
He staying with the mother or the mother staying with him is not an issue.
If you had said he does not have a trade or does not earn an income that would have been different but staying with the mum not an issue at all.
You don’t know what they might have gone through together .
I rest my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Ishilove: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Kai. The word 'simp' has suffered in the hands of Nairaland male users.

9 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
This is very simple
If he plans on building a house they can get married after he has completed the house
Since they love each other they can both come to a simple understanding
If she wants to live with him in face me I kill u its a good decision
But marriage ain't man mom and wife
This isn't india smiley

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
Yes she is doing the right thing.

Every woman wants to have her own kitchen in her husband's house and not share a kitchen with her mother-in-law.

If the groom to be isn't buouyant enough to rent an accommodation what's he doing getting married?

And what's your sister doing getting married to a man who can't provide a roof over his own head not to talk of her own?

Or is your sister already pregnant for him?

When the children start coming are they going to be borrowing to take care of the kids?

Trust me, once she moves into her mother-in-law's house, the husband will not leave that house anymore.

Your sister will become their housemaid.

12 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maybe the fiancés mum is harsh..

For me, peace of mind over any other thing. If staying in the family house won't give her peace, let her call it off.

The earlier the better.

Let the man get an apartment of his own and come back for her if he really means biz.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
idahme:

She is doing the right thing if she vows to pay for the rent till the house project is completed....
Pay wetin? Na only mouth and ultimatum she get.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by ojaysam25(m): 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
J111333:
Yea, your sister is doing the right thing. The man should at least kill his mum or chase her away before planning to get married so as not to discomfort his wife.

Biko advise your sister to keep waiting on the Lord for a good man.
How old are you?

8 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by neeyor88: 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
sexy74:
Your sister never ready marry.
She should try and know the reason why the guy wants it that way and try to reach a compromise.
The guy has known his mother all his life and there might be a strong bond between both of them., she cannot just come and destroy it because he wants to marry her.
That your sister will chase the guys family from him.

Your sister has pride let her keep it to herself .

Are you married?

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by GboyegaD(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
If she thinks that is needed for peace in her marriage, she did the right thing. I don't understand why the man is thinking of marriage and already planning to live with his mom. Whatever his reasons are, it makes no sense except if the mom is giving him a flat in her house.

As an aside, I wonder how our generation was raised. If our parents were independent right from when they gained admission, I don't understand why many parents still treat their 30+ old kids as babies. That is no love nor pampering and it is only a way of hiding their failure.

12 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
OluwaLina1:
Is My Sister Doing The Right Thing? Please Your Advice Is Needed

Advice needed

My sister cancel her wedding plans all because her husband to~be insists they are going to be living with his mum after the wedding before they will build their own house.

Now,my sister said she won't go on with the wedding plans if he didn't rent an appartment, even if it's face-me-i-slap-you room,she will be okay with it,she won't even mind if the mother come to spend days with them.

well mayN he does not have the money to rent his own place, this is where ur sis should help out, they should use part of the money for the wedding to rent a room then do registry.
Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Incandescent(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
Truvel:
Ur Sister Is A Fool. I Would Advise Dat U Advise Her 2 Accept D Marriage Proposal. She Should Excercise Patience, Otherwise She Would Regret.

Broke idiot grin

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Enemyofpeace: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
Village people finally got your sister. Las las na Shiloh or redeemed camp go settle the matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by lacasera14(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
hosemujica:
It depends on a lot of things. Man and woman should leave their parents house to live together as husband and wife. Anything other than that for a start is a bad foundation.

The way I'm seeing it, the guy is a mummy's boy, as such won't want to leave his mums side, otherwise the best thing to do is to first of all use the funds for the wedding to get himself accommodation before the wedding proper.

She should try and convince him that nothing comes out of a married guy living in his mother's house with his wife, if the mother comes to visit him every once in a while that's manageable but outrightly sharing the same roof is a recipe for disaster. Meanwhile suspension of the wedding while they talk things over is better than outrightly cancelling it.

Which one is depend on a lot of things again. A man still tied to his mother apron strings you want another woman to go and join them depending on which things? She should cancel the wedding over and over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by frank417: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
Why would a man with no place of his own even consider marriage?

Your sister did right bro.

10 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by femibig(m): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
You can criticize the guy or the lady all you want.

No one is in their shoes, it's only a matter of compromise.

Both should have an understanding and come to a compromise.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
OluwaLina1:
Is My Sister Doing The Right Thing? Please Your Advice Is Needed

Advice needed

Now,my sister said she won't go on with the wedding plans if he didn't rent an appartment, even if it's face-me-i-slap-you room,she will be okay with it,she won't even mind if the mother come to spend days with them.

....For this cause shall a man LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER ......

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Tango123: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
OluwaLina1:
Real mummy's boy....He said he can't do without his mum

As rrported by your sister?

Or where you there when he said it?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
J111333:
Yea, your sister is doing the right thing. The man should at least kill his mum or chase her away before planning to get married so as not to discomfort his wife.

Biko advise your sister to keep waiting on the Lord for a good man.

Don't mind these girls. I met one barely less than 3 months she was already giving me signs just because I mentioned my mom. They forget they are women too and they will give birth to sons...

You don't want to tolerate your mother in law, but you can marry and sleep with her son, the son she trained with her blood and sweat.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by lereinter(m): 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Elaborate more

What of if your sister husband mother was a Florence ajimobi or Aisha buhari would she still do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Maxxim: 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mgtowmonk:
can't your sister rent an apartment with her own money? undecided
The guy is doing her a favor by marrying her yet she still dictating how he should live his life undecided
grin
Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
zed7:
The question should be is the husband going to take the right decision? Your sister has made her choice. Is the man going to be smart enough to let her go without begging her?

You can't love me and not love my family, there's no point. It's not like they are going to stay there forever, probably to save up some money first. No man who doesn't like his independence, it circumstances that makes people take some decisions.

I'm not saying your sister doesn't have a right to her decisions, the man just has to be wise enough to let her go to avoid future problems.

Abi... It's simple, let her look for another man.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by okonyia(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Your sister is right, but to cancel her wedding is not really what she have done. Now your sister husband to be should be a man and not a Baby, they should have privecy after wedding, not living with the mother inlaw . I think she should involve their marriage counselor and they will find a solution. I wish her good luck

1 Like

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by dingbang(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
I support the Lady.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by benjida: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Your sister is 100% correct. If the man plans on moving into his mother's house after marriage, then he's not ready for marriage. Period.

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
UDUJ:

Your sister is right. They should save up and rent an apartment of their own even if it's a one bedroom apartment.

The guy no get money. You are a man too, you should understand. How did they manage to take the relationship to marriage level without ironing that out first. Maybe na the girl dey hurry am up sef. After they will say men don't want to marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / Father Carrying His Step Daughter At The Pool. Anything Wrong With The Photo? / Zimbabwean Pastor’s Wife In Steamy Video With Lover To Fix Cheating Hubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.