Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency (19492 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Five-Year Food Sufficiency Road Map For Lagos / Smart City: LASG To Light Up Lagos With LED Street Lights / Obaseki Battles Unemployment With Edo Production Centre Initiative (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by postbox: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said that the State Government will revive the 279-hectare erstwhile Songhai Food Production Centre, now the Lagos Food Production Centre in Avia, Badagry.

Sanwo-Olu, who made this known over the weekend in Badagry while on a site inspection tour of the Centre, explained that this was necessary for preparation for the take-off of the State Government’s two food centres designed to attain food sufficiency, particularly for a population that is increasingly demanding.

The Governor pointed out that reviving the 279-hectare Food Production Centre, originally acquired by the State Government in 2012 for a commercial agricultural project, would encourage organic farming using simple biological methods to enhance production outputs with a model, based on new approaches and farming systems that rely heavily on the combined inputs from local experiences, indigenous technology, business communities and research institutions.

He said, “I have been fully briefed about this project but I considered it necessary to personally embark on this journey to Badagry in order to take an assessment and see what exactly we need to do in terms of intervention. After taking a tour of the project site, what I observed is that the entire project looks more like a job that has not been completed. Therefore, we need to improve on the interventions by the Ministry of Agriculture”.

“With very minimal resources, we have seen what the Ministry has done to keep the project afloat. The government will raise the resources and turn around this project to the level it should be. We will need to deploy more resources to revive and scale up all the machinery and systems already put in place. We will complete the project and open it for commercial production”, the Governor averred.

According to him, focusing on local food production would increase agricultural production to meet the food needs of the State’s growing population, transform agriculture to commercial and export-oriented production while at the same time generating employment especially for the youth, adding that some of the agricultural projects to be developed for commercial production at the Centre include fishing, poultry, piggery and agroforestry among others.

Sanwo-Olu averred that apart from delivering wholesome food items, training and creating employment for youths, the Lagos Food Production Centre would also provide competitive inputs/raw materials for the Agro-Industry, new environmental products and services, and feedstock for renewable energy supply.

The Governor added that the project will give rise to similar agro-allied businesses to open up Badagry’s economy for more growth, while also boosting its tourism business.

“Lagos is a big State in terms of population, but we also can intervene in our food production value chain. What we are trying to do with the revival of the project is that we want to produce various agricultural products we can consume internally in order to reduce our dependence on external food sources. The Food Production Centre, which we are creating across the State, will be a trigger to other value-added agricultural production our citizens can provide”, he said.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/08/10/lasg-to-revive-badagry-food-production-centre-restates-commitment-to-food-sufficiency/

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Roundpeg: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2020
tongue
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by thorpido(m): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2020
Won't they do the road first?

47 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2020
The Governor pointed out that reviving the 279-hectare Food Production Centre, originally acquired by the State Government in 2012 for a commercial agricultural project, would encourage organic farming using simple biological methods to enhance production outputs

Anything to move each and every states of our darling nation is what we are after.

Slow and steady our country will work again.

God bless Sanwo-Olu.

God bless Lagos State.

God bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2020
This is just a piece of land nothing more , or are u calling this delapitated building processing center

Anyway it's a good initiative Lagos must start thinking of our to feed the ever increasing population

5 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Ogbenisoft28(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2020
50SQM, 65SQM, 60SQM and 520SQM available at OMATSHOLA COMPLEX , 17 kaffi Street, off Governor’s Avenue ,Alausa, Ikeja. Rate at N65,000 per SQM/ annual

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Gkay1(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2020
no problem
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by SpatialKing(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2020
Federal government should work on the Road

1 Like

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Perfecttouchade: 9:32am On Aug 10, 2020
Ok
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Lukenitheooo6(m): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2020
initial gra gra when government remove eye the money go enter pocket

1 Like

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Baq44: 9:32am On Aug 10, 2020
KINDLY CONTACT IF YOU NEED A WEBSITE | BLOG | SEO | E-COMMERCE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12098554_nrothroduebeieudbdyd_jpeg_jpeg50fac9284991badc49602ddfacf38a40

CLICK IMAGE TO GET IN TOUCH
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2020
Food for all Lagosians and Nigeria as a whole is all that matters.
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Mo3891: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2020
Center of Excellence
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Offpoint: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2020
Good morning everyone, there's been an urgent matter I've always want to voice out and there's no better platform to do so, but here.

I want you to all to please spare few seconds from your scheduled and busy time to read this..

This information is very, very and extremely important and I'll try my possible best to be very brief and precise.

I want you all to know that I don't have anything to say, just stop the urge to ALWAYS SHALAYE

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Greizman: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2020
They should revive the road first.
Badagry road is the worst road in lagos state if not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by yeyeboi(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2020
Ok
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by DeLaRue: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2020
No serious government in the world owns a farm.

Do the governments of Germany, UK, Switzerland, Singapore own farms. Does the city of London own a farm.

Lagos State government lacks ideas for the 21st century. Managing a farm from a Ministry is a complete waste of time and money.

Help real farmers. Don't get directly involved. Civil servants are not farmers.

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Temitope009(f): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2020
Going back to Agriculture will definitely help this country.
A nation that feeds it's citizens will never go hungry
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by kuntash: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2020
To do this to do that ..

getting nauseating
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Bloghomies(m): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2020
This is shameful! Anyway, if you're in anyway business minded, I've created a WhatsApp group where we network, rub minds together and discuss everything business. Interested? WhatsApp me 081 - 6797 - 0969

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Amspecial: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2020
grin
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by SmartPolician: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2020
post=92654716:

Anything to move each and every states of our darling nation is what we are after.

Slow and steady our country will work again.

God bless Sanwo-Olu.

God bless Lagos State.

God bless Nigeria.

Your comment is on all the posts.

Come, you no get work?

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by wittyt98(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2020
Anytime I'm in Badagry and I see all the excess land space, I just wonder why the Lagos State government can't turn that place to like a super nice beach city with tall sky scrappers and buildings, world class hotels, nice roads and maybe a working railway system. I feel like it will push so many local and foreign visitors to the area. people will start buying properties around the coastal community. it's will drive entrepreneurs and business owners to the new area. before u know it, that place will be a new lekki or something close to that. ( business, Residential, tourism and serene environment all in one place) the life of people living in that area will change for good. and also it will create a good impression of Nigeria for foreigners coming into the country for the first time through the land border

8 Likes

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by JesusJesus: 9:39am On Aug 10, 2020
Will it make the price of food cheaper.

As far as I am concerned, prices don't drop in Nigeria
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2020
SmartPolician:

Your comment is on all the posts.
Come, you no get work?
Ubiquitous fellow, that reads all the posts on nairaland,
We've been reading this your stale line for years now.

Instead of you focusing on how often nairaland members post,
why not try to do something to make mommy proud of you in life atleast for once.
How is their posts/comments disturbing your life or lifestyle.
Make momsy proud and get busy o
An advice from the elders! shocked
Next time, you will learn how to mind your business online!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by Oizee(f): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2020
thorpido:
Won't they do the road first?
u don c better farm wey get access road?
Re: LASG To Revive Badagry Food Production Centre, Commitment To Food Sufficiency by sexiestharam(f): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2020
They should first revive the road.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buratai Visits, Congratulates New APC Chairman, Senator Adamu / Saraki Faults EFCC On Clearance Of CCT Chairman / ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.