Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth (1404 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi Others To Earn N485m Yearly / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / APC: Anti-saraki Senators List Conditions For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by EzeUche2(m): 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2011
Fashola, Amaechi list conditions for Nigeria’s growth

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola and his Rivers State counterpart, Rotimi Amaechi, yesterday said Nigeria would overcome its challenges and become an enviable country, if it embraces the right attitude and makes viable choices.

They spoke in Lagos at the convention of the Executive MBA Class 1 (EMBA), an arm of the Lagos Business School Alumni Association.

Fashola, who delivered the keynote address, suggested three parameters that must be met for change to manifest.

He said Nigeria had witnessed even development, economically and politically, because the people have not resolved to effect the change.

Other conditions that must be pursued, he said, were tolerance and the entrenchment of values.

Fashola said: "What we need to do is take action. Developments are the consequences that will flow from doing the right thing. The first thing is the inner will and resolve that we want this change. The second thing is to consider the environment where that change will take place. The question we should ask is: ‘Have we really made a resolve that we want this change?’ Those resolutions have consequences.

"My administration did not change the public servants on ground. The Police that we met on board in 2007 have been the same Police that we used to reduce crime in the state; it is the same public servants that have been in place long before I got into office; it is the same public servants who run the Bus Rapid Transport (BRT); it is the same public servants who are cleaning up Lagos, who are building the first intra-city rail transport service in West Africa.

"We just made a resolve that we want to change. We believe that if you have an assignment, there are no excuses for poor performance."

Amaechi said security had become a global challenge, with the spate of violence, such as: suicide bombing, plane hijacking, robbery and kidnapping worldwide.

He urged Nigerians to abhor corruption and other vices because they hinder national development.

He said: "If Nigerian want a change, they must fight for it, because change is a phenomenon that destroys the past."

President of Lagos Business School EMBA Alumni, Mr Opeyemi Agbaje said the discussion was informed by the need to set an agenda for the society. He said in this period of transition, we need t viable strategies that would lead to the transformation of the Nigerian society.

Present at the event were Vice-Chancellor, Pan African University, Prof. Wan Elehido; Group Managing Director, UAC, LarryEttah; and former Commissioner of Health Lagos State, Dr Leke Pitan.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/25406.html
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by jason123: 11:58pm On Feb 13, 2011
I hope these two can rule us one day! sad
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by ekubear1: 12:11am On Feb 14, 2011
^-- Both are great. I'd be happy with either.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by aljharem(m): 12:33am On Feb 14, 2011
hmmmmmmm sad
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by jason123: 12:37am On Feb 14, 2011
eku_bear:

I know but would the North allow that with ease?
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by OAM4J: 1:09am On Feb 14, 2011
jason123:

I hope these two can rule us one day! sad

only if we refuse to invest in the turn-by-turn Nig plc, a.k.a zoning.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by fstranger3(m): 5:14am On Feb 14, 2011
OAM4J:

only if we refuse to invest in the turn-by-turn Nig plc, a.k.a zoning.

This is a democracy, not a meritocracy

What you term turn by turn plc is the only way to strengthen our democracy
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by OAM4J: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2011
fstranger3:

This is a democracy, not a meritocracy

What you term turn by turn plc is the only way to strengthen our democracy

I believe in putting all the options on the table and allow the best candidate do the job.

Not allow any riff-raff from my village to lead cos it is the turn of my village to produce a leader.

How much of zoning debate do you hear from the west? or are they not practicing democracy
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by fstranger3(m): 6:57am On Feb 14, 2011
OAM4J:

I believe in putting all the options on the table and allow the best candidate do the job.

Not allow any riff-raff from my village to lead cos it is the turn of my village to produce a leader.

How much of zoning debate do you hear from the west? or are they not practicing democracy

There is nothing to Zone in the west

When we get our Odua Republic, we may begin to talk about meritocracy, but for now, it is democracy.

If we dont play the game like the rest, we will be left behind. It is just as simple as that. With all out education and exposure, who really holds the reign of power? The same North Bola Ige described as Backward. With all Ndigbo's brilliant mind, what have they achieved politically thus far? Nada

So forget about the best man getting the job, we need everyone to feel involved, that is the only way to move the country forward.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by ekubear1: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2011
^--I don't like hearing your words, but they are probably very realistic.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by seanet02: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2011
eku_bear:

will be happy with both yet never like TINUBU who ensures the emergence of Fashola. Roflamao
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by fstranger3(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2011
seanet02:

will be happy with both yet never like TINUBU who ensures the emergence of Fashola. Roflamao

You give Tinubu more credit than he really deserves
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by aljharem11(m): 11:50am On Feb 14, 2011
seanet02:

first of all, i think you a young boy that is still developing his personality

secondly, you do not know this tinubu of a man. you have let your oduadua republic cloud and sink your mind to be giving tinubu credit

you and babapupa do not know tinubu at all
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by joeyfire(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2011
I too would love for these guys to rule this country. They are among the very few pragmatic people holding political office in this country. I have no respect for the concept of zoning, horse trading or any of that nonsense. That sort of thinking has kept this country backward depite all our ''progress'' as a nation.

The one thing our leadership lacks is vision and will, i thank God for my dear Gov. Fashola because he has the vision and most important the has the WILL to carry it through despite opposition.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by gozzilla(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2011
I like Fashola. I like the things I see whenever I get to Lagos. I hope he has plans for the higher office and more hope he keeps being better.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by joeyfire(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
Fashola is too much. But emmmm, the guy should not allow his oga's company to erect three toll gates on my road abeg
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by gozzilla(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2011
For me the toll gate is not the issue. The major issues should be the transparency about it. How long is the toll gate going to run. What will the government do to ensure the price announced remains for the most part constant.

The truth is tolls are for development. The challenge is always the honesty and transparency about it, particularly in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by joeyfire(m): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
gozzilla:

For me the toll gate is not the issue. The major issues should be the transparency about it. How long is the toll gate going to run. What will the government do to ensure the price announced remains for the most part constant.

The truth is tolls are for development. The challenge is always the honesty and transparency about it, particularly in Nigeria.

My brother i no go lie, the toll gate wouldnt have been too bad an idea (even though as a tax payer i'm not happy about it at all) but it seems that fashola was strong-armed into a very unfair deal and doesnt know how to move till after the elections.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Mobinga: 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2011
All these clueless posters sef??

Have you been to PHC? Both are great? Who is great? Amaechi? Till when he pays my land compensation he still remains an absolute basturd!
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by joeyfire(m): 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2011
Mobinga:

Have you been to PHC? Both are great? Who is great? Amaechi? Till when he pays my land compensation he still remains an absolute basturd!

Fashola dey try o ! As for Amaechi I cant say first hand what's going on in PH cos i dont live there, but the last time i was there i saw lots of roads being built and all kinds of work going so i can assume he's not a siddon look guy. A
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by seanet02: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
@mobinga, you dey craze, because your family land was used to construct a public toilet for people u dey yarn garbage for here, compensation ko compensation ni
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Bawss1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
Mobinga:

Till you guys see the big picture there is no helping you. Always looking for compensation for property they didn't work to acquire. angry
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Bawss1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
Rumumasi boy.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by gozzilla(m): 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
The bigger picture my brother. If you were asked to pay a little price for a greater good, we all end up saying not me, let someone else pay for it. But we all want the greater good. It will always end up a dream until we learn that there is a good beyond our own personal good.

I hope they pay you sha if you have a legitimate claim.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Mobinga: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
I didn't Work to acquire? Smoke
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Mobinga: 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2011
seanet02:

@mobinga, you dey craze, because your family land was used to construct a public toilet for people u dey yarn garbage for here, compensation ko compensation ni
lmao. Stop chasing me all over the forum.
family ko, nairaland ni. Ode
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Mobinga: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
I forgot to wear my glasses. cool
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by seanet02: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
Mobinga:

lmao. Stop chasing me all over the forum.
family ko, nairaland ni. Ode
who is chasing a pig all over the forum? Is it ?
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by seanet02: 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
alj harem1:

first of all, i think you a young boy that is still developing his personality

secondly, you do not know this tinubu of a man. you have let your oduadua republic cloud and sink your mind to be giving tinubu credit

you and babapupa do not know tinubu at all
i know him more than you do. He is more trustworth than you and all ibos put together. He will never do a Ohakim on us nor will he do a Theordor Orji on us. He ensured the emergence of a good governor like Fashola. So shut. Your stinking mouth
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by ASL33: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^ I can see you love these ibo people wella. Hausa man challenge you, you drag ibo inside, ijaw pipo challange you you drag ibo come inside. Love nwantiti dey sweet you abi.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by excanny: 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
Amechi I can stand for presidency, but Fashola never.

Fashola is not a man of his own. I dont want Tinubu ruling Nigeria by proxy. Mr. Olowolafe contractor.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi List Conditions For Nigeria’s Growth by Mobinga: 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2011
seanet02:

who is chasing a pig all over the forum? Is it ?
grin Mugu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Destroys Life Of Poor Woman Through Greed. . . . . / 1993 Presidential Debate Between Late Bashorun Mko Abiola And Alhaji Bashir / •middle Belt, North East, South South Team Up Against Far North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.