Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu (2229 Views)

my husband hate me but i still love him. i am depressed pls advie / How Can I Continue To Love My Wife / I Love My Wife, But She Brings Me Bad Luck: Read, Think Before Judging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu by aloyemeka1: 12:26am On Feb 14, 2011
[size=14pt]I still love my runaway husband –Funmi Idowu[/size]

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/Funmi_Idowu_copy_913592032.jpg&size=article_small[/img]
•Funmi Idowu on wedding day

Her story is akin to what we watch in home videos. Her husband, Seye Idowu, left for the United States of America 14 years ago. The plan was for her to join him three months after. That never materialised. She was hoping, praying and fasting with her children that one day her beloved husband would come back home and meet her, since she couldn’t secure a visa to the U.S. Surprisingly, she got information that her husband was intending to marry a 48-year-old social worker in Baltimore.

Her name was Toyin Bosede Adetunji. She almost ran mad. It was more shocking and embarrassing when the wedding photographs were posted on the Internet and the pictorial of their wedding published in a Lagos soft-sell newspaper. Since then, she has never been the same happy and bubbling woman. She is still crying over her ordeal and never wanted to talk to Sunday Sun, but because another soft-sell published the story last December, she felt she had to tell her own side of the story the way it is.

How did you meet your husband?
I was working in The Guardian in the early 90’s as a graphic artist. He just walked up to my office and asked for my name. I guess he got information about me from a friend of his that was once a staff of the newspaper, John Olubo. He met John in London and told him he knew a lady who had no boyfriend and was homely.

When he told me about John, I was excited, and after sometime, he said I should start planning to spend the rest of my life with him. It was so funny to me, I shouted in the arts studio and told my colleagues, come and see my designer husband. But he didn’t give up. He started coming regularly and I told him I was not in search of a boyfriend, I told him I was ripe for marriage. He reminded me that he told me the first day that we would spend the rest of our lives together. That was how we became friends.

Our wedding
After sometime, he took me to his parents and I took him to mine. They asked us to choose a date for our wedding and we got married on December 4, 1993.

Journey to America
After the birth of our first son, he crossed over to ThisDay newspaper. While he was there he became the deputy editor and was sent abroad to cover a story in conjunction with Time magazine. He left Nigeria on September 26, 1997. Then, I was expecting our second baby. I was about three months pregnant. He left for the U.S. and did not come back ever since.

Were you communicating?
Yes, for a while, after sometime he stopped communicating with me. For about five years his mum was staying with me, I had peace because his mum was staying with me. After sometime mama left to nurse her grandchildren, but she comes once in a while to visit us. Precisely about two or three years ago, he called to say he was sorry that we should forgive him.

My daughter was even telling him that daddy, we have forgiven you already; we have been praying for you, please come back home. Anytime we ask him to come back home he gets angry. He’d ask us where we want him to start his life. I would tell him that all the people he left here are doing very well in Nigeria.

Was he sending money; how do you cope with the two children?
It’s been so rough; I had to go back to The Guardian after sometime, because I resigned after our marriage. I went back to The Guardian to work for another five years. While I was there, I couldn’t cope with the salary and I had to make ends meet. I sold yogurt, chin chin, I make them myself, I wake up at 3 a.m. to prepare these things.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/72479-still-love-runaway-husband-Funmi-Idowu.html
Re: I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu by Outstrip(f): 3:23am On Feb 14, 2011
Please snap of it. What the hell. When you should be helping your children face reality and move on you are allowing them drown in the pain. Still loving him indeed
Re: I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu by OAM4J: 4:38am On Feb 14, 2011
The evil men do! so sad.
Re: I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu by SkySpirit(m): 4:56am On Feb 14, 2011
I tot the lenght of time wud ve made the lady 2move on!?
Re: I Still Love My Runaway Husband –funmi Idowu by Damysa(f): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2011
Somebody should pls tell this lady to wake up and face reality
how can u still be loving someone that is causing u some much pain

I have come to terms that in life/marriage u hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Have that shock absolver intact so that when it happens u quickly turn it on, it helps alot.

woman brace up . . . no use crying over spilled milk

(1) (Reply)

Professional Marriage Counselor / Pls Advice This Friend Of Mine, Very Urgent / 11 Rules To Keep Men Of Nowadays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.