Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

A Nigerian IT Professional In US Share His (4) Job Offers Story. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Nigerian IT Professional In US Share His (4) Job Offers Story. (245 Views)

How To Activate MTN4ME Offer And Enjoy Top Deals, Cheap Data And Recharge Offers / IT Professional Whatsapp Group / Become A Professional In 3D Animation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian IT Professional In US Share His (4) Job Offers Story. by mosh2035(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Strategic Career Decision: Choosing between four (4) job offer at the same time.

Mr. Popoola, a Nigerian based in Washington DC shared this on professional networking site Linkedin.

Note for employers/recruiters: Always put the best foot forward. In a nutshell, give the best offer you can rather than compete when the candidate has made up his/her mind to contribute positively  to another company.

I decided to seek better opportunities, I applied to numerous companies, and interviewed at several companies, then I found myself in a situation of having four job offers on my table. Dealing with a multiple job offer is kind of a delicate dance. Getting more than one job offer at the same time is an exciting prospect when you are job hunting but, also overwhelming. I asked for a week to review the offers. It was stressful having to access all the offers and choosing the best for me in terms of compensation , commuting, benefits, responsibilities, and career progression (my priority......lol). After laying out all the pros and cons , I came to a decision and chose the best for me while I Still had to deal with rejecting the 3 other offers which wasn't easy. Turning down a job offer doesnt feel great but its inevitable. I showed my appreciation, and found a good reason to decline all 3 offers left. The most irritating thing is that two of the companies kept offering me more money in order to win me over, but guess what? Money ain't the ULTIMATE for me. They intentionally undervalued my worth but not it's their Loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian IT Professional In US Share His (4) Job Offers Story. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
He did the right thing... Companies that lure people with money after undervaluing them intentionally, are usually the first to kick them out once there's an issue...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn 50$ Weekly / Who Knows A Fast Wifi Router I Can Get And It Has A Fast Internet Speed / HP,250 G6,corei3,ram,4gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.