Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,706 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States (40148 Views)

APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States / How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan / INTERVIEW: Buhari, APC Sponsoring Some PDP Presidential Aspirants - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Omooba77: 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
We Could Have Used Military, Police, Others To Overrun Some PDP States During 2019 Elections –President Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the governing All Progressives Congress could have used the military, police and other security agencies to overrun opposition states during the 2019 general election if it wanted but chose to be impartial in the exercise.

Speaking at a meeting with North-East governors on Monday, Buhari said the government wanted to show Nigerians that it was humane.

Among the Peoples Democratic Party governors, who attended the meeting at Aso Rock were Ahmadu Fintiri (Adamawa), Bala Mohammed (Bauchi) and Darius Ishaku (Taraba).

The President, who was speaking on the insecurity in the region, remarked that given what his administration inherited in 2015, Nigerians know that it had done its best.

He said, “We have problems with resources and security. You know what we inherited. The people of the North East will appreciate what this administration has done. The general report I am getting, other from the conventional ones from the intelligence sources, is that the Army should do better and this is the truth.

“It is so often coming to me that I have to believe it. I listened to your representation, the governor who is on the hotspot now in the North-East, Adamawa, Bauchi and the rest of them are enjoying peace. I hope they are respecting the sacrifice made by the military.

“I assure you North-East governors, especially the governor of Borno, that we go to bed and wake up thinking about you and how to secure our country. That is the fundamental responsibility of a government; security. In our party, we recognize this. We campaigned on three fundamental issues: security, economy and fighting corruption.

“Nigerians, we thank God, understood us and they voted for us. In 2019, we went round the whole country, saying the same thing and apologizing for not doing better, but we are doing our best. I think Nigerians believe us and we did our best. It is true that we lost some states as a ruling party in a developing country, which is normal. I am proud of that because we are impartial, that is why as the ruling party, we lost some states. That means we have our own mistakes.

“Some of those that defeated us are sitting here. We know we are a developing country but we respect our country, otherwise, with the use of the army, the police and the rest of them, we could have overrun you. We just wanted to show that we are humane and we are Nigerians. We will continue to do our best.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/10/we-could-have-used-military-police-others-overrun-some-pdp-states-during-2019-elections-

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by stonemasonn: 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Sunofgod(m): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
But you can't overrun Boko Haram?

impotent president........

816 Likes 76 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Galactico4ever(m): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
No more shocks

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Firespitter: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Very foolish comment

537 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Anazp: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
This APC government isn't different a bit from PDP. Or else how do you explain this statement?

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by obi4eze(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
angry
Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Yobabad: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Just look at this president of local Yorubastarts

282 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Golan007: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
Sahara Reporters.
Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Racoon(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
sad What a stupid & irresponsible statement by a president
After all that is what your government did in Osun rerun (that you alleged was won by the APC via "remote control" ), Kano, Bayelsa & Rivers.

The military have only became a state instrument for gaining political ground & oppression of perceive political enemies while terrorists are protected by the same military.

265 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
Which
Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Maxymilliano(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
That the governing All Progressives Congress could have used the military, police and other security agencies to overrun opposition states during the 2019 general election if it wanted but chose to be impartial in the exercise.

Just imagine the pitiable statement President of a nation makes in a democratic setting as though Nigeria is at war with herself ...

Such a shame

356 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by DEROX: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
But my president was linient on them anyways now the military will overrun Edo for APC and we will show them federal power grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by DEROX: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Yobabad:
Just look at this president of local Yorubastarts
wetin concern Yoruba abeg? don't worry by 2023 your words will hunt you

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by olaric(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Buhari it is not your fault--I blame OBJ and the greedy politicians who backed you and helped you to rig your way into power in 2015 and 2019. I also blame Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat to you in 2015. If Jonathan had not conceded defeat all these nonsense would not have befallen us as a nation. As a matter of fact, hell would not have broken lose.

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by GboyegaD(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
Does this man weigh his words before he says them? If he has challenges with the English Language he should get an interpreter so that he could express his thoughts in Hausa if that will help him watch his choice of words.

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Kissiemu(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
Buhari is not doing well at all but I hate fake news n sensational headlines.

I will advise anyone coming after me to read the article before commenting.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Omooba77: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
What then happened in Rivers, Kogi and Osun?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Such a foolish comment can only come from a slowpoke like buhari!

Just imagine what a democratic president is saying to the hearing of the populace.

It's not your fault. Because you were rigged into office and nothing happened, so you must think Nigeria belongs to your father, wretched old cow!

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Imagine the nonsense talk from the president of the most populous black nation country??

Chai!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
[quote author=Omooba77 post=92676494]What then happened in Rivers, Kogi and Osun?[/quote The lifeless Sudanese doesn't know the technology used in those places.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Omooba77:
What then happened in Rivers, Kogi and Osun?
The lifeless Sudanese doesn't know the technology used in those places.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Just imagine the pitiable statement President of a nation makes in a democratic setting as though Nigeria is at war with herself ...

Such a shame
It's a crying shame really!

A bedridden morafucker who doesn't even know what goes on in his own country except what Tunde Sabiu tells him.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Arexit: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
can you imagine!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by Beremx(f): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
I am shocked on behalf of Buhari. I know he himself is shocked at his statement. I shock no be small.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
DEROX:
Good I live this your insults we will see how you will get the presidency 2023,
Please Gerrarahia with your mumu presidiot! You are not ashamed of what your presidency has reduced a once giant of Africa to.
Some Nigerians are just shameless!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Beremx:
I am shocked on behalf of Buhari. I know he himself is shocked at his statement. I shock no be small.
This is even worse than his uncouth 5% infamous statement.
And na pesin husband be that one! Hiss

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Kissiemu:
Buhari is not doing well at all but I hate fake news n sensational headlines.

I will advise anyone coming after me to read the article before commenting.
You seem to know the technology he used in making the statement. Please teach us.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by frankyychiji(f): 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
DEROX:
Good I live this your insults we will see how you will get the presidency 2023,

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States by kettykin: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
so Nigerian Military has been degraded and reduced to a tool for overrunning states ,Tufiakwa !!!!.

elsewhere military invented the Internet, the satellite Navigation, Night Vision , Jet Engine and walkie talkie but some good for nothing . illiterate rogues in Military uniform are using the military to over run states

47 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi Donating Trucks To Anambra Fire Service During His Tenure / Simon Ekpa Declares Sit At Home Across Eastern Nigeria Tomorrow. / President Jonathan Visits NSE, Launches X-gen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.