Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,016 members, 7,803,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

>>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| (687 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

>>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
In grammatical sense "Tongues" means Languages
In Religious text "Tongues" means a language gift given to the faithful on the day of pentecost to spread further the message of the gospel.
Now let us look at the first case instance of the "tongue" speaking.
Acts ch2:3-4.TGNB It says "Then they saw what looked like Tongues of fire which spread out and touched each person there. They were filled with the holy spirit and began to talk in other languages, as the spirit enabled them to speak.

Now my problem is with people speaking nonsense in the name of tongues
I do not have this gift I know. But then it's funny to see people speaking >brakakasaaszutagsjsggwfrravsjkegbveurgh< and all other kind of nonsense in the name of speaking in tongues. And in the end we have more people blaspheming Gods name instead of praising Him
And if you try to protest they come with words like
"May God have mercy on you"
"You don't know things of the spirit"
"You must be possessed"
"Tongues are not for carnally minded people"
"You are not a child of God"
" You can't understand what we speak because you're not a child of God" etc

The gift of the holy spirit is not forced, it's not just another joke the gifts of tongues is earned , it is merited. Only by being prayerful, bold, and pure of heart can we as Christian's be able to receive his gift of tongues to propagate his message to the end of the world (acts 1:4-8,John 20:20-23, luke 24:44-49, mark 16:14-18, Matt 28:16-20)

Now let us look at the reaction of the people in the Bible.
In Acts 2:5-13
The people all over them heard his own unique indigenous languages each group of people gathered there that day heard his own mother tongue. Imagine the surprised look on the faces of the traders from the east and west and north and south when the disciples spoke each of their native mother tongue. You can see in the text above that the people around clearly understood the disciples and the languages they spoke
A classic Nigerian when confronted will tell you that you have to acquire divine wisdom to hear the words they speak , please how can I translate grurumashathabalazokotobravosibalothi lol even the holy spirit is tired

God is not stupid to give the gifts of tongues. He gives it to few people who are ready to propagate his message

Do not believe the people who stand upon the alter speak rebrokontoribahoshikakakakaktattejjbvhrhehujindaboskibahose this people are blasphemous destroying the fine and wonderful gift of tongues

Instead let us pray to God to give us His gift of divine tongues to propagate his message

1 Like

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by MuttleyLaff: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
BOSSkesh:
In Religious text "Tongues" means a language gift given to the faithful on the day of pentecost to spread further the message of the gospel.

Acts ch2:3-4.TGNB It says "Then they saw what looked like Tongues of fire which spread out and touched each person there. They were filled with the holy spirit and began to talk in other languages, as the spirit enabled them to speak.

I do not have this gift I know. But then it's funny to see people speaking >brakakasaaszutagsjsggwfrravsjkegbveurgh< and all other kind of nonsense in the name of speaking in tongues. And in the end we have more people blaspheming Gods name instead of praising Him
"You must be possessed"

The gift of the holy spirit is not forced, it's not just another joke
the gifts of tongues is earned, it is merited. Only by being prayerful, bold, and pure of heart can we as Christian's be able to receive his gift of tongues to propagate his message to the end of the world (acts 1:4-8,John 20:20-23, luke 24:44-49, mark 16:14-18, Matt 28:16-20)

The people all over them heard his own unique indigenous languages each group of people gathered there that day heard his own mother tongue. Imagine the surprised look on the faces of the traders from the east and west and north and south when the disciples spoke each of their native mother tongue. You can see in the text above that the people around clearly understood the disciples and the languages they spoke
A classic Nigerian when confronted will tell you that you have to acquire divine wisdom to hear the words they speak , please how can I translate grurumashathabalazokotobravosibalothi lol even the holy spirit is tired

God is not stupid to give the gifts of tongues. He gives it to few people who are ready to propagate his message

Do not believe the people who stand upon the alter speak rebrokontoribahoshikakakakaktattejjbvhrhehujindaboskibahose this people are blasphemous destroying the fine and wonderful gift of tongues

Instead let us pray to God to give us His gift of divine tongues to propagate his message
More anointing on your head. More grease to your elbow. I wish I could've given you more than just the one like.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by DappaD: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
BOSSkesh:

"You must be possessed"

The gift of the holy spirit is not forced, it's not just another joke the gifts of tongues is earned , it is merited. Only by being prayerful, bold, and pure of heart can we as Christian's be able to receive his gift of tongues to propagate his message to the end of the world (acts 1:4-8,John 20:20-23, luke 24:44-49, mark 16:14-18, Matt 28:16-20)

Well yes you're correct, the gift of tongues was to enable the new Jew proselytes speak foreign languages they had not learned – Acts 2:6-11
And the Bible did say those gifts of holy spirit won't be effective in our day (1Corinthians 13:8 )
The so-called men of god and other fake Christians today have brainwashed many into thinking that speaking balderdash is the same thing as speaking in tongues.
This further reveals them to be the “workers of lawlessness” Jesus talked about. (Matthew 7:21-23)

2 Likes

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
More anointing on your head. More grease to your elbow. I wish I could've given you more than just the one like.
Amen boss we pray for enlightenment
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Acehart: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
DappaD:

Well yes you're correct, the gift of tongues was to enable the new Jew proselytes speak foreign languages they had not learned – Acts 2:6-11
And the Bible did say those gifts of holy spirit won't be effective in our day (1Corinthians 13:8 )
The so-called men of god and other fake Christians today have brainwashed many into thinking that speaking balderdash is the same thing as speaking in tongues.
This further reveals them to be the “workers of lawlessness” Jesus talked about. (Matthew 7:21-23)

1 Corinthians 14:10 There are, perhaps, a great many kinds of languages in the world, and no kind is without meaning.

This tongue, their “balderdash”, does it have any meaning?

1 Corinthians 14:19 however, in the church I desire to speak five words with my mind so that I may instruct others also, rather than ten thousand words in a tongue (without meaning).

But they will tell you that Paul was just giving a suggestion rather than an instruction.

1 Corinthians 14:22 So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe.

Who were these unbelievers?

Paul says: Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 1 Corinthians 15:11-13.

The unbelievers did not believe that Christ was risen from the dead; they said: ‘no man has ever risen after dying’. Therefore, the tongues of the Spirit of God, was a propagating mechanism of the gospel of Christ’s resurrection and the essence of it, in the local dialect - the Doric Greek.

But we see that those that speak the atrocious meaningless language never stretch to Chapter 15: yes! they cannot because they don’t do proper hermeneutics on chapter 14.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by tosyne55(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
BOSSkesh:

"You must be possessed"

now, this is really nice and edifying

So OP anyone speaking in the true tongues must at least be able to interpret or have an understanding of what he or she is saying, since it's a gift.and people surrounding the apostles at the upper room understood their language
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
tosyne55:
now, this is really nice and edifying

So OP anyone speaking in the true tongues must at least be able to interpret or have an understanding of what he or she is saying, since it's a gift.and people surrounding the apostles at the upper room understood their language
It is a gift so yes they must be able to understand the tongues in which they speak

1 Like

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
Op, If U Don't Understand Things Related 2 Tongues, Don't Just Give Assumptions Abt Dem. D Best Way 2 Learn Is 2 Humbly Learn By Asking. I Talked Abt Dis Some Years Ago. Click & Read Dis Www.Nairaland.Com/1067743/speaking-tongue-learnt-received/2#1240048
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
4 Clarity Sake, I Would Explain Again. D Teaching Is A Bit Long. I Would Try 2 Make It Brief Or Summarize It. There Are 2 Types Of Tongues. 1. Speaking In Tongues 2. Praying In Tongues. Speaking In Tongues ( Giving Out Msg 4rm God 2 D Listeners In An Unknown Language) Needs Interpretation 4 D Listener 2 Understand. Praying In Tongues Does'nt Need Interpretation Cuz It's A Prayer.

1 Like

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2020
U Can Also Read Dis 4 Clarity Sake. Www.Nairaland.Com/5984549/u-av-questions-abt-spiritual/3
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by tosyne55(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:
4 Clarity Sake, I Would Explain Again. D Teaching Is A Bit Long. I Would Try 2 Make It Brief Or Summarize It. There Are 2 Types Of Tongues. 1. Speaking In Tongues 2. Praying In Tongues. Speaking In Tongues ( Giving Out Msg 4rm God 2 D Listeners In An Unknown Language) Needs Interpretation 4 D Listener 2 Understand. Praying In Tongues Does'nt Need Interpretation Cuz It's A Prayer.
hmm, this thing is deep o
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by tosyne55(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
BOSSkesh:

It is a gift so yes they must be able to understand the tongues in which they speak
thanks
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
1. Speaking In An Unknown tongues (not Praying In Tongues) D Tongue Could Be Earth Tongues(our Local Dialects) Or Angelic Tongues( Heavenly Tongues). Infact, Dis Is A Topic On Its Own Of Which If I Av Time I Would Create & Lay More Emphasis On.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by sonmvayina(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:
1. Speaking In An Unknown tongues (not Praying In Tongues) D Tongue Could Be Earth Tongues(our Local Dialects) Or Angelic Tongues( Heavenly Tongues). Infact, Dis Is A Topic On Its Own Of Which If I Av Time I Would Create & Lay More Emphasis On.

Please don't, it won't change the pump price of fuel..

2 Likes

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by MuttleyLaff: 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:
1. Speaking in an unknown tongues (not praying in tongues) d tongue could be earth tongues (our local dialects) or angelic tongues (heavenly tongues). In fact, dis is a topic on its own of which if i av time i would create & lay more emphasis on.
Yinmu. No human being has ever spoken in heavenly angelic tongue, heavenly tongue, celestial being tongue or extraterrestrial being tongue
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Yinmu. No human being has ever spoken in heavenly angelic tongue, heavenly tongue, celestial being tongue or extraterrestrial being tongue
How Do U Know? Are U D HolySpirit? Go & Read D Bible.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:
Heavens tongue is the angelic tongues which I believe Is now lost to humans

Speaking and praying in tongues is basically the same thing oga
Don't confuse people
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:
Speaking nonsense is not praying in tongues
People are supposed to understand the tongues in which you speak

1 Like

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by MuttleyLaff: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:
How Do U Know? Are U D Holy Spirit?
These are learner's typical infantile and jejune questions to ask. KMT

Truvel:
Go & Read D Bible.
KMT again, another sigh and smh. "Ọmọde o mọ ogun, oun npe lẹfọ" loosely translated means "Na small pikin, ignorant of the power of the plant/herb, that calls gleefully calls it vegetable"

When you're 10000% sure of your jazz/juju charm, you arent afraid to self put it to test, which is why in Yoruba parlance t, it is said: "Ti ogun ẹni, ba daniloju, a maa njẹnlẹngẹ, fi gba ori" which when loosely translated means: "When you have confidence in your juju/jazz charm, you can gently knack it and also safely smack it on your head, without being at any disadvantage, all because you've everything under control and are sure of what you know about the juju/jazz charm"

Let's do "gbangba dẹkun, bọsigbangba lawọ ẹ" loosely translated means "Let the tiger out and loose. Come out, open and stretch your hand facing upright, showing what you've got"

Show where in your Bible, it is recorded that human beings, ever spoke in a heavenly angelic tongue, heavenly tongue, celestial being tongue or extraterrestrial being tongue
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by MuttleyLaff: 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
BOSSkesh:
Heavens tongue is the angelic tongues which I believe Is now lost to humans
How does God, Himself, communicate with you? Has God ever used a heavenly language/tongue to communicate with you?

BOSSkesh:
Speaking and praying in tongues is basically the same thing oga
Don't confuse people
Abi ooo. When I speak in English and when I pray in English, I am using English in my speech and prayer

MuttleyLaff:
It is only some, lazy and indoctrinated Far-To-See (i.e. Pharisees) and Sad-To-See (i.e. Sadducees) somebody, looking for lesser praying effort, that believes that speaking in tongues, especially with using the voice and/or vocal cords, is praying in some mysterious heavenly language. This is shameless lazy and cutting corners manoeuvres praying things.

Also most importantly, are you aware that, Paul downplays the importance of speaking in tongues? He, Paul, on record, even said, do not speak in tongues without an interpreter, but this advice and guideline, is religiously, regularly and openly disregarded during gathering worships and/or prayer sessions like as seen in this instance

My brother, if you are 110% sure of what you know and are saying with this, then please put forward the bible verse you are quoting from for this and lets together carefully and thoroughly review it

MuttleyLaff:
It is delusion and make believe uttering gibberish and nonsensical noise, altenating between varying high voice pitches. When people are lazy to articulate their prayers, they resort to this quick fix alternate method to pray. I wonder why Jesus never employed this method, if it was that potent
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Acehart: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Truvel:

Don’t create topic; give us your best shot on this one.

1 Like

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2020
Note Dat Dis Topic Is Not Meant 4 Everyone. It's Meant Meant 4 D D Pentecoastal Believers. So, If U Are Not A Pentecostal Believer, Dis Teaching Won't Make Any Sense 2 U. No Matter What I Explained. Thank U.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=92713248]How does God, Himself, communicate with you? Has God ever used a heavenly language/tongue to communicate with you? God mostly uses visions and dream
And speak to us either in patterns, parables or clear cut languages we understand
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by jamesid29(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
OP, I understand what you are trying to get at, especially with the excesses that we as a body are prone too but to narrowly interpret the meaning of tongues as intelligible speech used to propagate the Gospel as described in Acts 2 is to cut out the rest of the New Testament. The thing is you'll likely run into problems with that way of interpreting the text in places like Acts19, 1 Corinthians 14, Acts 10 etc.
The thing about Acts 2 is, there's alot of one-of-a-kind Old testament motifs going on in it. Motifs like God's first introduction to Isreal at Sinai(exodus 19:16-18), God's presence after the completion of the tarbancle (Exodus 40:34-38) and the dedication of temple (2 chronicles 7:1), the tower of Babel and the disinheritance of the nations(Genesis 11:1-9,Deut 32:8-9), God fulfilling His promise that through Abraham's seed, all the nations would be blessed etc are all rolled up into the few passages. Basically there's a unique and specific theological messaging going on in Acts 2 (the institution of the new temple and the gathering of the nations back, in broad terms) that narrowing the meaning of the gift of tongues using just it, will obscure its range of usage.

But as I mentioned earlier, I do understand where you are coming from and taking a page from the scriptures, speaking or praying in tongues in corporate gathering doesn't help much(1 Corinthians 14:13-19) since it does more for the speaker than the hearers. But taking the scripture as a whole, outside of Acts 2, tongues is used as a form of unintelligible speech to the speaker or hearer(if there's no accompanying gift of interpretation present) mainly spoken as a form of prayer or praise to God.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2020
jamesid29:
OP, I understand what you are trying to get at, especially with the excesses that we as a body are prone too but to narrowly interpret the meaning of tongues as intelligible speech used to propagate the Gospel as described in Acts 2 is to cut out the rest of the New Testament. The thing is you'll likely run into problems with that way of interpreting the text in places like Acts19, 1 Corinthians 14, Acts 10 etc.
The thing about Acts 2 is, there's alot of one-of-a-kind Old testament motifs going on in it. Motifs like God's first introduction to Isreal at Sinai(exodus 19:16-18), God's presence after the completion of the tarbancle (Exodus 40:34-38) and the dedication of temple (2 chronicles 7:1), the tower of Babel and the disinheritance of the nations(Genesis 11:1-9,Deut 32:8-9), God fulfilling His promise that through Abraham's seed, all the nations would be blessed etc are all rolled up into the few passages. Basically there's a unique and specific theological messaging going on in Acts 2 (the institution of the new temple and the gathering of the nations back, in broad terms) that narrowing the meaning of the gift of tongues using just it, will obscure its range of usage.

But as I mentioned earlier, I do understand where you are coming from and taking a page from the scriptures, speaking or praying in tongues in corporate gathering doesn't help much(1 Corinthians 14:13-19) since it does more for the speaker than the hearers. But taking the scripture as a whole, outside of Acts 2, tongues is used as a form of unintelligible speech to the speaker or hearer(if there's no accompanying gift of interpretation present) mainly spoken as a form of prayer or praise to God.
Is speaking behfehjwjagshyrhbakiehiekwbsvv bsysgsbsisijekJsbysvsbsksu bshsjsnbssvjaiwhevjajsbsnjsjwnnejejvcevevvwbeh.hshvajkaheghehbrbhwiytwgejdjbsvvsb svsyqknqgwqgvw whehebeh speaking in tongues?? Does This sound meaningful to anyone

1 Like

Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by BOSSkesh(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
Most modern Christians just want to speak nonsense to be looked at as the most prayerful and religious people
They wan to feel among the most holiest of people in the church
True word
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by MuttleyLaff: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
BOSSkesh:
God mostly uses visions and dream
And speak to us either in patterns, parables or clear cut languages we understand
I know how God communicates, but I repeat the other question you conveniently evaded answering, and it is:
Has God ever used a heavenly language/tongue (i.e. angelic tongue) to communicate with you or anyone else, for that matter?
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by jamesid29(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
BOSSkesh:

Is speaking behfehjwjagshyrhbakiehiekwbsvv bsysgsbsisijekJsbysvsbsksu bshsjsnbssvjaiwhevjajsbsnjsjwnnejejvcevevvwbeh.hshvajkaheghehbrbhwiytwgejdjbsvvsb svsyqknqgwqgvw whehebeh speaking in tongues?? Does This sound meaningful to anyone
If it sounded meaningful, there won't have been need for gift of interpretation and if there's none, the speaker should speak quietly to himself and to God
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Acehart: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
BOSSkesh:
Most modern Christians just want to speak nonsense to be looked at as the most prayerful and religious people
They wan to feel among the most holiest of people in the church
True word

Cc: Truvel

Let's pretend for a minute what Pentecostals are doing today is genuine tongues. We still see them disregard scripture today because of all the accounts of many doing it at the same time and without an interpreter (1Cor 14:27-28). The scriptures prescribes only three gifted ones speaking before the congregation, one after the other, with an interpreter.

It is typical seeing among them one speaking few words in tongues with a lengthy interpretation, or speaking in a relatively simple vocabulary tongue and a multiplex interpretation; these we should see hints at fraud, consider 1Cor 14:16.

Another un-scriptural belief that Pentecostals hold is that tongues are a sign that you have received the Holy Spirit baptism, but scripture is clear that tongues are a sign to the unbelievers not to the believers (1Cor 14:20-22). A popular teaching of the Pentecostal church is that you have to speak in tongues in order to show that you have the Holy Ghost Baptism. This is equivalent to saying: ‘unless you speak in tongues your are not saved’; thus adding an extra-biblical precondition to being saved (Mat 23:13).

The tongues spoken in Pentecostal churches and their imitators is repetitive in nature; when the bible gives instructions on prayer, it assumes that prayer is understood on the part of the believer and that they are communicating to God in terms which can be understood (Mat 6:5-13, Rom 15:30-32, Eph 6:18-20, Col 4:2-3, Heb 13:18-19). Jesus frowned at vain repetitious prayer (Mat 6:7). A repetitive prayer is a sure indication that tongues is not inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by MuttleyLaff: 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2020
"1Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
7To each person the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the benefit of all.
8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;
to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy;
to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues;
to another the interpretation of tongues
:
11It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts.
He alone decides which gift each person should have.
"
- 1 Corinthians 12:1 and 7-11

Speaking in tongue, is just one of the 9 flavours of manifestation of the Holy Spirit. (i.e. one of the 9 signs of manifestation of the Holy Spirit or one of the 9 ways to show evidence, of having the Holy Spirit)

Funnily enough, I can remember from the Bible, that the spiritual gift of speaking in tongue, is positioned at the lower end of the spiritual gift pecking order.

"Tani jẹ gbena, woju ẹkun, ẹjẹ ka wo?", loosely translated, means "Lets see, who with a lantern, will dare look the tiger in the eyes?"

1/ How many times sef was speaking in tongues ever recorded has happened?
2/ What instigated men, on them different occasions to speak in tongues and why, what was the objective for them to get speaking in tongues?
3/ Where the tongues spoken on those different occasions, said, in terrestrial or heavenly/angelic tongues?
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 12, 2020
Acehart:

Cc: Truvel

Let's pretend for a minute what Pentecostals are doing today is genuine tongues. We still see them disregard scripture today because of all the accounts of many doing it at the same time and without an interpreter (1Cor 14:27-28). The scriptures prescribes only three gifted ones speaking before the congregation, one after the other, with an interpreter.

It is typical seeing among them one speaking few words in tongues with a lengthy interpretation, or speaking in a relatively simple vocabulary tongue and a multiplex interpretation; these we should see hints at fraud, consider 1Cor 14:16.

Another un-scriptural belief that Pentecostals hold is that tongues are a sign that you have received the Holy Spirit baptism, but scripture is clear that tongues are a sign to the unbelievers not to the believers (1Cor 14:20-22). A popular teaching of the Pentecostal church is that you have to speak in tongues in order to show that you have the Holy Ghost Baptism. This is equivalent to saying: ‘unless you speak in tongues your are not saved’; thus adding an extra-biblical precondition to being saved (Mat 23:13).

The tongues spoken in Pentecostal churches and their imitators is repetitive in nature; when the bible gives instructions on prayer, it assumes that prayer is understood on the part of the believer and that they are communicating to God in terms which can be understood (Mat 6:5-13, Rom 15:30-32, Eph 6:18-20, Col 4:2-3, Heb 13:18-19). Jesus frowned at vain repetitious prayer (Mat 6:7). A repetitive prayer is a sure indication that tongues is not inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Read My Comments In D Links I Shared. I Mentioned 2 Types Of Tongues. 1 Speaking In Tongues 2. Praying In Tongues. Aldo, Dis Gift Hasbeen Misused, Abused & Misunderstood By Many. However, Speaking In Tongues Is Also A Sign Dat One Has Received D Holyghost But Dat Does Mean Dose Who Do Not Speak In Tongues Av Not Receive D Holyghost. Apart 4rm Speaking In Tongues There Are Other Signs. D Signs Incudes Inexplainable Boldness In Speaking God's Word, Fervency In D Spirit, Growth In Prayer Life & Change In Ur Prayer Life Etc. In Summary, Anyone Who Has Received D Holyghost Would Av D Gifts Of D HolySpirit Atleast One Of Dem.
Re: >>>speaking In Tongues!<<<| by Acehart: 7:39am On Aug 12, 2020
Truvel:
Read My Comments In D Links I Shared. I Mentioned 2 Types Of Tongues. 1 Speaking In Tongues 2. Praying In Tongues. Aldo, Dis Gift Hasbeen Misused, Abused & Misunderstood By Many. However, Speaking In Tongues Is Also A Sign Dat One Has Received D Holyghost But Dat Does Mean Dose Who Do Not Speak In Tongues Av Not Receive D Holyghost. Apart 4rm Speaking In Tongues There Are Other Signs. In Summary, Anyone Who Has Received D Holyghost Would Av D Gifts Of D HolySpirit.

Mr. Truvel says, “There are two types of tongues”:

1. Speaking in tongues.
2. Praying in tongues.

Your points don’t seem coherent. When you would explain these “categories” of tongues, I know for certain that your explanation would be bereft of coherence.

Christ says, “an evil generation always seeks for a sign and no sign would be given”. So who gives your signs? Where there is a display of a sign, the architect of evil is in operation; for the Holy Spirit is always anonymously operating. Any sign shown in the presence of both the saints and the children of perdition is not from God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians When Will We Stop The Betrayal / . / God Does Not Exist, There’s No Way To Test That Such Character Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.