Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? (348 Views)

I decided to man up for her. See what happened. / Men Don't Hide Emotions Bc Of "Toxic Masculinity" They Hide Them Bc No One Cares / What Exactly Is TOXIC MASCULINITY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2020
Sorry if I am going to take you on a long ride
I had a deep conversation with my fiancee. I told her 1: I will never visit a police station because of my male child (I don't want to know what get him there) but I can sign a bail bond for a friend of mine.
2: Rule are rules,you break them you face the consequences.
My girl threaten to make my home hell until I bring her son home. I then remember an incident between me and my mum
I severely sprained my ankle right before graduating from secondary School. It hurt really badly, I was only 17, I cried after I was out of sight of my friends. I expressed concern to my mum about how I would look like an idiot walking onto the stage limping. He told me that it really wasn’t a big deal, but she also told me that if I was that worried about it, I could make a simple choice.
“You can look like an idiot, or you can just walk through the pain.”
I told him that I would choose to walk through the pain. And her response was, “then it’s time to man-up.”
Whether society likes it or not, males are expected to be the protector in the household.
I don't get why someone will gambling his school fee and will call nairaland. Man up, don't be a SIMP.
Society of today accept very anyhow behavior. A young girl left an isolation camp and fellow a man she barely get to know in the presence of her father.Tell me which responsible man ( real Alpha male) will value such lady?
I have respect for my woman because she always put her family first.Told her let me visit Lagos during the lockdown, she declined because she won't leave the house due to her dad's instruction. She is a graduate, mature in age but still respect her family.
How will a man treat you like a queen when all you do is slay away your body and with zero brain and manners?
Fear of my family make me not to be a baby papa. I am the one taken care of my self but I still maintain value.
Please let try our best to "man up"
We have dysfunctional society today because of irresponsibilitis. Walk through the pain, or be an idoit.
Bashing from uninformed lots are allowed, same with healthy contribution.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
Sorry if I am going to take you on a long ride
I had a deep conversation with my fiancee. I told her 1: I will never visit a police station because of my male child (I don't want to know what get him there) but I can sign a bail bond for a friend of mine.
2: Rule are rules,you break them you face the consequences.
My girl threaten to make my home hell until I bring her son home. I then remember an incident between me and my mum
I severely sprained my ankle right before graduating from secondary School. It hurt really badly, I was only 17, I cried after I was out of sight of my friends. I expressed concern to my mum about how I would look like an idiot walking onto the stage limping. He told me that it really wasn’t a big deal, but she also told me that if I was that worried about it, I could make a simple choice.
“You can look like an idiot, or you can just walk through the pain.”
I told him that I would choose to walk through the pain. And her response was, “then it’s time to man-up.”
Whether society likes it or not, males are expected to be the protector in the household.
I don't get why someone will gambling his school fee and will call nairaland. Man up, don't be a SIMP.
Society of today accept very anyhow behavior. A young girl left an isolation camp and fellow a man she barely get to know in the presence of her father.Tell me which responsible man ( real Alpha male) will value such lady?
I have respect for my woman because she always put her family first.Told her let me visit Lagos during the lockdown, she declined because she won't leave the house due to her dad's instruction. She is a graduate, mature in age but still respect her family.
How will a man treat you like a queen when all you do is slay away your body and with zero brain and manners?
Fear of my family make me not to be a baby papa. I am the one taken care of my self but I still maintain value.
Please let try our best to "man up"
We have dysfunctional society today because of irresponsibilitis. Walk through the pain, or be an idoit.
Bashing from uninformed lots are allowed, same with healthy contribution.

Bla Bla Bla
Oga sir, we don't want to hear about you. Stick to the topic. Good morning.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2020
NockMedia:

Bla Bla Bla
Oga sir, we don't want to hear about you. Stick to the topic. Good morning.
. I had to use myself as an illustration. I am not comfortable that we are raising whimp and brainless women. Just a concerned individual.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by lightangel65i(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. I had to use myself as an illustration. I am not comfortable that we are raising whimp and brainless women. Just a concerned individual.

The fragments are not very clear, but i get your point, vagina people are meant to value themselves more and not throw themselves at any guy
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2020
sirjamesjnr:

Learn to express yourself better while trying to bash others. Stop blowing your own trumpet whenever you want to make a point. Have a nice day.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2020
NockMedia:

Learn to express yourself better while trying to bash others. Stop blowing your own trumpet whenever you want to make a point. Have a nice day.
. I am not a perfect man but my dear, there are line I will never crossed. I wasn't cultivate to be an idoit. Plain and simple take responsibility for your actions,that my message to very anyhow person out there
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 11, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. I am not a perfect man but my dear, there are line I will never crossed. I wasn't cultivate to be an idoit. Plain and simple take responsibility for your actions,that my message to very anyhow person out there

Sir James, it's obvious you have spent a lot of time trying not to be a baby daddy, etc. It's time for you to focus on expressing yourself better.

It's good to be a saint or a good kid to your parents, but I don't think they will feel proud with your style of writing, which is redundant and sub-literate.

Cheers.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2020
NockMedia:

Sir James, it's obvious you have spent a lot of time trying not to be a baby daddy, etc. It's time for you to focus on expressing yourself better.

It's good to be a saint or a good kid to your parents, but I don't think they will feel proud with your style of writing, which is redundant and sub-literate.

Cheers.
Maybe I can sit back and read your polished English Mr professor. My message is clear and it's a bitter dose for irresponsible folks. If you take it personally think check your life. I excel in my field which I have a bragging right though grammar is not one of them. So please lecture me.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
Maybe I can sit back and read your polished English Mr professor. My message is clear and it's a bitter dose for irresponsible folks. If you take it personally think check your life. I excel in my field which I have a bragging right though grammar is not one of them. So please lecture me.

Sir James, I am not here to figuratively measure my pen with yours. Take it easy, Mr Responsible. Congratulations for being the best in your field. Have a super fantastic day and don't forget to wear a Face mask.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2020
NockMedia:

Sir James, I am not here to figuratively measure my pen with yours. Take it easy, Mr Responsible. Congratulations for being the best in your field. Have a super fantastic day and don't forget to wear a Face mask.
peace brother. I am trying to look at for a brother, not bringing anyone down. I wish you a great day. Covid 19 is a scam. It exists but our politicians are using it to play 1 2 1 2 with us.
Re: Man 'UP' Is It Really Toxic Masculinity? by Fidelismaria: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2020

man up, man up, na hin dey put guys into yahoo

man up, man up, na hin dey force guys into ritualism

man up, man up, na hin dey force many young men into terrible and toxic marriage

(1) (Reply)

Stop Spending Money On A Girl Because You Want Her To Love You — Reno Omokri / Many Ladies Are Sending Me Messages, Begging Me To Marry Them / 7 Best Tips To Make Any Girl Fall For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.