Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Philippines' Duterte Volunteers To Be Russian's Coronavirus Vaccine Guinea - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Philippines' Duterte Volunteers To Be Russian's Coronavirus Vaccine Guinea (130 Views)

First Trials Of Coronavirus Vaccine Carried Out With Mum-of-two Among Patients / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / 14-Year-Old Girl Grows ‘Twin Sister’ On Her Chest In Philippines (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Philippines' Duterte Volunteers To Be Russian's Coronavirus Vaccine Guinea by MidaserveNG: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/philippines-duterte-volunteers-to-be-putins-russian-coronavirus-vaccine-guinea-pig/a-54523030

"When the vaccine arrives, I will inject it publicly. Experiment with me, that's fine. If it works on me, it will work on everyone," the Philippines leader said in a televised speech late on Monday.

LIVE TV
TOP STORIES
Philippines' Duterte volunteers to be Putin's Russian coronavirus vaccine guinea pig
40 minutes ago

Rodrigo Duterte has praised Russia's efforts to develop a "free" COVID-19 vaccine for the Philippines. To alleviate fears, Duterte said he will offer to be "the first they can experiment on" in a public vaccination.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte confirmed he has accepted Russian President Vladimir Putin's offer to provide a Russian COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available and said he is willing to participate in trials.

"When the vaccine arrives, I will inject it publicly. Experiment with me, that's fine. If it works on me, it will work on everyone," the Philippines leader said in a televised speech late on Monday.

Duterte's office on Tuesday said the Philippines is ready to collaborate with Moscow on vaccine trials, supply and production.

"The Philippines stands ready to work with Russia on clinical trials, vaccine supply and production, and other areas deemed practicable by relevant Philippine and Russian agencies to address this global health emergency," a government statement said.

Duterte lauded Russia's efforts to speedily develop a coronavirus vaccine.

"I will tell President Putin that I have huge trust in your studies in combating COVID and I believe that the vaccine that you have produced is really good for humanity," Duterte said.

To reassure the Filipino public, Duterte said: "I can be the first they can experiment on."

Re: Philippines' Duterte Volunteers To Be Russian's Coronavirus Vaccine Guinea by dawnomike(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2020
Always better to lead by example... #ThumbsUp

(1) (Reply)

Natural Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure / Women’s Clinic / Why You Need To Wear A Healthy And Hygienic Nose Mask During Corona Virus Era.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.