Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:38 AM

I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. (53041 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / I Am A Product Of One Night Stand - My Story / Please , Advise Me . I cant stand my husband thing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by GodShowmemercy(f): 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
heendrix:

A certified simp spotted.....You seem to want to correct someone and after that still go and apologize after scolding her and you think she'll listen to you No man she'll disrespect you even more with the mind "He'll come back to Apologize"

and besides for ur wife to hiss at you in any slight provocation tells how weak you are. people would come ranting you want peace in ur home bla bla but Know something for life when ur Dealing with a Nigerian woman take it like ur dealing with a wild animal taking no nonsense

I can't even imagine my girlfriend hissing at me let alone my wife

Op my advice for u is to be a man. you've been a simp for way too long
Advice from teenagers here in nairaland will end ur marriage fast fast

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Phenomenal16(f): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
ireneidiva:

Is it normal to 'try' living together before marriage?
....no
MBA!
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Dpundict: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
dario078:

You are a problematic person. Why did you insist that she must bathe whenever she poos? When you could have told her to clean herself up with water, and wash her hands with soap and water.

You poo with one part of the body, not the entire body, you know.

grin grin grin grin it is just my way of living and i feel someone should bathe immediately after pooing so that fecal bacteria and E.coli and stuff under the nails will be washed off rather than used in seasoning food. She was not being forced anyway but to avoid altercation i had to move on. Her nails were long too. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Dpundict:
grin grin grin grin it is just my way of living and i feel someone should bathe immediately after pooing so that fecal bacteria and E.coli and stuff under the nails will be washed off rather than used in seasoning food. She was not being forced anyway but to avoid altercation i had to move on. Her nails were long too. grin grin grin grin

Will you advice someone to get married after your experiences? I’m in my 30’s but dreading settling down
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
Dpundict:

Ok, now I get you.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
comtem2011:
Walahi, people dey o. Does it mean he doesn't poo when pressed outside his home?

I wonder oh �����
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by heendrix(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
GodShowmemercy:
Advice from teenagers here in nairaland will end ur marriage fast fast
Shut tf up what do you know and when were you born
birds of like feather
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by GodShowmemercy(f): 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
heendrix:

Shut tf up what do you know and when were you born
birds of like feather
i was right. No Agument. I knew just like a child u will come roaring

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Willie2015: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
Thats Part of the things that Come with Marriage my Brother..

If Every Married person should open up, then there may be no Marriage.

Keep admonishing her, but do it in Love not as a Rule, Because whether you like it or not you two are one..

Admonish and Correct her in Love. Also try to Physically Move her gently in Love to the right places.

That's Marriage oooo...

Tks for this piece....
It takes plenty patience to live with a woman....
Op should have patience and correct her in love....
Dis one na small matter....
If you come get wife that thrive on Amebo with neighbours 24hrs ...
Or wife wey dey enter jazz house...
Marriage matter.... Uhmmm
Its only when you enter.... you know wetin dey.... grin

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Tobium1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Her parents had sex in the kitchen which gave birth to her. I just don't know what's her fetish with kitchen sef
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by XX01(f): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
manos:

We have talked about it quietly on several occasions before (the reason why i am now labelled a complainer about insignificant things: she has called me petty on several occasions for complaining about things like this) and she basically sees nothing wrong with what she does. I plan to show her this thread, so that she can see at least that not even a single person that commented so far approves her weird toilet habits.

She might have grown up with maybe just the one sink in the kitchen and it was normal for all to use for multiple purposes. Not saying it's right but if you could dig further into her family life, it might help you show some empathy towards her. Apologizing to end a misunderstanding when there has been no true remorse will lead to it being a constant thorn in the flesh. It's not going anyway.

My suggestion would be to ask her if you can both have a compromise. If she can start using the other sink especially when you are in the house and you won't call her out if she forgets once in a while. If she can do it just for you regardless of it's right or not. Please do it at a time you guys are calm and gisting not when the issue has just happened.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by sheepheart(f): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
manos:

I am a very calm person actually, shouting comes from frustration because the moment i try to correct her she gets angry and lashes back immediately raising her voice. So naturally i raise my voice to match her tone so that she hears me and so that i can make my point.

On the other hand, i apologize because, sometimes when i wait for the apology for too long and it is not coming, i decide that i cant continue living like that and look beyond my intention to correct so that we can have some peace and move forward, probably push give her more time to evaluate her actions, while we continue living in peace. I cant imagine living with anyone for a week in the same house and not be able to communicate with the person. I dont know how other people do that. I personally try to resolve issues quickly.
Conflict resolutions skills wasn't part of all your discussions before marriage otherwise it wont be a surprise to you now that you've tied the knots and your wife now keeps malice that would linger for days. You guys didn't date at all? You would have noticed that part in her then if you had calmed down. I can't imagine not talking about my values while dating someone.
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by LOLOMMA(f): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
WandaMaximoff:
See ehn, if you want that marriage to see the light of day, don't bring your marital issues to Nairaland. Your marriage will be over before your thread gets to page 2.

You are living with a full grown adult for the first time, you both have weird habits that will irritate each other. Trust me, I'm sure there are habits she is also tolerating from you.

Marriage is give and take. I'd suggest you talk to her when the mood is lighter, pillow talk in the bedroom is a perfect time. Tell her how her hygiene makes you feel and tell her it would make you really happy if she changes.

Speaking up just at the time you noticed another of the unhygienic habit won't help you as you will be addressing it with anger.

If you can't settle a small matter like this amongst yourselves, there are worse storms in marriage o.

Better oil dey your head..you have said it all
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by heendrix(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
GodShowmemercy:
i was right. No Agument. I knew just like a child u will come roaring
I don't have ur time
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Hathor5(f): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
pretydiva:
What's up with this simp ish? Na the latest English for Nairaland be this ni undecided

You guys cant give your advice without calling the op a simp. smh

To me it reflects a deep seated insecurity with regards to their own masculinity. It's tragic!
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
Maintaining a proper hygiene is one of the easiest way of achieving a good health. I believe what your wife needs is the right help from a professional. So you know FCMB is launching her Digital Health Advisory Service tomorrow for unlimited access to doctors and health professionals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es5bbSjtr5s&feature=youtu.be
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Hathor5(f): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
XX01:

She might have grown up with maybe just the one sink in the kitchen and it was normal for all to use for multiple purposes. Not saying it's right but if you could dig further into her family life, it might help you show some empathy towards her. Apologizing to end a misunderstanding when there has been no true remorse will lead to it being a constant thorn in the flesh. It's not going anyway.

My suggestion would be to ask her if you can both have a compromise. If she can start using the other sink especially when you are in the house and you won't call her out if she forgets once in a while. If she can do it just for you regardless of it's right or not. Please do it at a time you guys are calm and gisting not when the issue has just happened.

This is a very good approach. Very kind of you lady. I hope OP reads it.
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by angelfallz(m): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2020
manos:
Note: it's a bit long... I could have summarized but I want those contributing to get a crystal clear picture of the situation, so that they can give better and specific advice.

The major problem here is that she mixes up things to be done in the kitchen with things done only in the toilet.

I have been married to my wife for over a year now (no kids yet) and there are certain unhygienic habits she has been displaying, since we started living together. I have been seeking ways to help her improve on it, but a calm correction from me always leads to a bitter argument between us. (She claims I complain too much whenever I point it out)

For example, she always clears her throat early in the morning and spits in the kitchen sink. (despite the fact that we have 2 toilets with wash hand basins; one in the room and also a guest toilet, with a wash-hand basin which is basically 3 steps from the kitchen). Then she goes to the bathroom, gets her toothbrush and comes back to the kitchen to brush her teeth, while doing several things with toothpaste and saliva drooling from her mouth all through.

The other day, she prepared breakfast (spaghetti) for both of us with the drooling toothpaste mouth and i refused to eat from it. I didn't complain to her either, until she asked why I didn't take my portion of the spaghetti from the pot, later that evening. I mentioned to her that, as always I find it disgusting to eat spaghetti, seasoned with toothpaste drool and saliva. The response I got from her was a hiss and then she said that, next time I should inform her if I am not going to eat the food she cooked so that she would not cook for me."

I let that slide but I felt she missed the point. The next day was her birthday and I decided to prepare breakfast for her.
While I was in the kitchen cooking, she came in with the same drooling toothpaste mouth to take a kitchen Scissors in order to cut something on her pants, even though we have another scissors in the room for such purposes. In the process of trying to pick the scissors, her hands which were covered with toothpaste drool had to cross the pot which I was cooking with. I mentioned to her that I was not comfortable with that and she just hissed as usual, still picked the Scissors and left the kitchen while angrily saying that I am just a complainer. I lost it at this point and proceeded to give her a lecture in anger about basic hygiene and why I can not keep quiet over these things because we live in a shared space and how her actions have a direct effect on me. It ended in a shouting match till she kept quiet, without accepting she was wrong.

This is the pattern almost everything takes when I try to correct her. The worst part is that I would still have to be the one to apologize for shouting at her because if I don't, I might be subjected to a week long silent treatment which I dread.

There are other more unhygienic things that are done by her, which I might not be able to post here due to the fact that I am not completely anonymous and she is still my wife but I hope this information is enough for someone to understand my frustration and profer a solution.

This is the pattern almost everything takes when I try to correct her. The worst part is that I would still have to be the one to apologize for shouting at her because if I don't, I might be subjected to a week long silent treatment which I dread.

what you said in that quote could be why your wife doesn't listen to you. You are basically not in charge of your household and your wife does not respect you to even attempt to change.

Any change from your wife would have to come from her respecting you.
So manos i would recommend you read this book, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi
That book would help shed some light into what is going on and how to go about finding a lasting solution.

Some of the suggestions on the thread may sound good and nice, but one thing i know, I man that is not respected by a woman can never hope to change that woman or get her to listen to him

**ADDED**
Never take relationship advice from females, it is a recipe for disaster

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Dpundict: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2020
Inspireddd:

Will you advice someone to get married after your experiences? I’m in my 30’s but dreading settling down
the truth is i am 35 this year and unmarried too because i am still searching for that one person who knows what to be done family wise and hygienically too. If you find someone who listens to you however bad your opinion might be at the moment till it later turns out her doing it a different way with your consent and support is best for both of you; and respects your family and proves to be after you and not your possessions or her desperation to settle down in a marital home; then go ahead and get married. But i also advise you take some time after all these stats to get to know a few other things that may not be obvious when she is around you because people pretend alot until after marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by UjuJoan2: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2020
manos:
Note: it's a bit long... I could have summarized but I want those contributing to get a crystal clear picture of the situation, so that they can give better and specific advice.

The major problem here is that she mixes up things to be done in the kitchen with things done only in the toilet.

I have been married to my wife for over a year now (no kids yet) and there are certain unhygienic habits she has been displaying, since we started living together. I have been seeking ways to help her improve on it, but a calm correction from me always leads to a bitter argument between us. (She claims I complain too much whenever I point it out)

For example, she always clears her throat early in the morning and spits in the kitchen sink. (despite the fact that we have 2 toilets with wash hand basins; one in the room and also a guest toilet, with a wash-hand basin which is basically 3 steps from the kitchen). Then she goes to the bathroom, gets her toothbrush and comes back to the kitchen to brush her teeth, while doing several things with toothpaste and saliva drooling from her mouth all through.

The other day, she prepared breakfast (spaghetti) for both of us with the drooling toothpaste mouth and i refused to eat from it. I didn't complain to her either, until she asked why I didn't take my portion of the spaghetti from the pot, later that evening. I mentioned to her that, as always I find it disgusting to eat spaghetti, seasoned with toothpaste drool and saliva. The response I got from her was a hiss and then she said that, next time I should inform her if I am not going to eat the food she cooked so that she would not cook for me."

I let that slide but I felt she missed the point. The next day was her birthday and I decided to prepare breakfast for her.
While I was in the kitchen cooking, she came in with the same drooling toothpaste mouth to take a kitchen Scissors in order to cut something on her pants, even though we have another scissors in the room for such purposes. In the process of trying to pick the scissors, her hands which were covered with toothpaste drool had to cross the pot which I was cooking with. I mentioned to her that I was not comfortable with that and she just hissed as usual, still picked the Scissors and left the kitchen while angrily saying that I am just a complainer. I lost it at this point and proceeded to give her a lecture in anger about basic hygiene and why I can not keep quiet over these things because we live in a shared space and how her actions have a direct effect on me. It ended in a shouting match till she kept quiet, without accepting she was wrong.

There are other more unhygienic things that are done by her, which I might not be able to post here due to the fact that I am not completely anonymous and she is still my wife but I hope this information is enough for someone to understand my frustration and profer a solution.

This is disgusting!
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by ArkansasCyril(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2020
[quote author=manos post=92696738]Note: it's a bit long... I could have summarized but I want those contributing to get a crystal clear picture of the situation, so that they can give better and specific advice.

[color=#006600][/color]
Hi there, honestly, I feel sympathy for your situation.

It must not be easy going through such a challenging situation.

1. Your second paragraph really cracked me up, forgive me.

2. Did you guys not court (I don't necessarily mean "communal living"wink, that's one way of knowing to a degree what to expect in a marriage, of course there's only so much you can know.

3. You need to ask yourself if she's full-on dirty or just actually sloppy with a few things, a faux pas, if you will.

4. You need to have a calm sit-down with your wife, assure her of your love for her (that's why you married her in the first place) and tell her you want to enjoy the rest of the marriage with her.

But there are few challenges you've noticed that's come up, remember, it's not to prove who's right.

That's why she may have said you complain too much.

Do it with love.

5. If after repeated trials and it doesn't work, you might need to talk to someone she would listen to, and who's mature.

6. Know that every endeavor has it accompanying challenges, and marriage is no different.

I wish you the best!!

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by dave4rella(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
shocked
Marriage is patience and love
I know that the act is very bad, but keep correcting her with love, to be a man of the house is not by shouting or muscle.
I'm a calm and caring person, but my wife knows that once I say something once, she dare not go against it, and if she mistakenly does she knows how to get to the good part of me, that's what friendship does..
My question is, are you fvcking this woman very well? Or you showing her care, why not buy a perfume, wrap it and drop in the kitchen where she will see it, put a note of how you love her and things you want her to stop doing inside, try this and get back to me. Sending love and light to your home.
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Olamilekxy(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
manos:

Pls ignore those saying simps ,non of them have been into marriage they don't know the difference between dating and marriage.

You ain't simp, just make sure you always talk to your wife about what she's doing that you don't like it.
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by ubcandid(m): 11:42am On Aug 14, 2020
PataAlhaja:
OP, I fit bet my prick say your wife toto go dey smell 24/7.

Na pig you marry put for house.

Your wife na wetin Yorubas dey call Olooorun.

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Prettychild(f): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
wendixx:

What is dirty about brushing in the kitchen? In some houses/ families it is only in the kitchen that there is a sink. They don't have wash hand basin in their toilets and they grew up with that mentality to brush in the kitchen. So it is called individual differences, not dirtiness. CALM DOWN!!
My dear, no matter how you want to describe it or make it look subtle, that's dirtiness. What stops her from brushing her teeth in the bathroom and afterwards use water to wash it out or even brushing her teeth outside and afterwards pour water on that spot to avoid littering foams. Had it been she was pregnant, I would have said it's pregnancy wahala, but there is absolutely no justification for brushing one's teeth in the same sink where you wash plates and even wash the food and fruits you eat. Haba na!

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Jesusjudy: 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
Jesusjudy:
chai.life no balance.In another scenario na wife go clean but hubby na something else.Oga l approached my spouse the way you did always pointing out his flaws it didn't work.Know what l did l just let things slide.l mean l just kept quiet and let me have his breathing space but now l don't even
notice those nasty habits.By the way l have 2 boys for him.let her be stop nagging, shouting or scolding give here silent treatment.lf she cooks dirty don't eat rather if you are less busy do the cooking.
hmmm.good to read this
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Oracleforce: 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
op, your wife must be either a Yoruba or hausa/Fulani woman....because those ladies in that axis are so dirty and always look unkempt....but come to think of it, don't you all these abnormalities from her before you walk her through the aisle?
Is like you pussy -slave...what you buy is what you get...enjoy your dirty wife till death do you part.
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by iPresh4s(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
We weren't there when you proposed to her. Carry your Cross
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Emeka71(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
Maryclaire1:
That is so gross and disgusting embarassed since she's your wife you have to keep shouting o if need be and she must understand that what she's doing is irritating to you.God will see you through sad
Hello babe; please can we talk ¿
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Blissquare(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Your wife's hygiene is truly poor but for her to keep hissing when you correct her is because she has a great hold over you.
She also knows that most of the other people in her life are also poor in hygiene.
There are some habits that one has that one would never want to be caught doing but to outrightly own these shameful habits on her part is due to the power she has in the relationship/marriage

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Emmanuel30a: 2:47am On Aug 26, 2023
manos:

Wetin concerns us...,or werin concerns me...?...
Re: I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. by Taiwo20(m): 6:05am On Aug 26, 2023
Eat your saliva in peace or cook your food.

That’s just the truth. She’s incorrigible

manos:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Missing Mrs Rose Okolie Found (Updated) / Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.