Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff (26681 Views)

EFCC Arrests Mohammed Wakil Over Dubious Payment / Abba Kyari: The Untold Story Of President Buhari’s Chief Of Staff / APC Group Protests Against Abba Kyari, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by 2mercy: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2020
The Department of State Services (DSS) has arrested a 42-year-old man, Mohammed Prince Momoh, for posing as an aide to the Chief of Staff to the President, Ibrahim Gambari, to defraud one Benson Aniogo of $50, 000.

Momoh attempted to defraud Aniogu, claiming he represented Gambari and needed the said amount to secure an appointment for him as a Special Adviser to the President on Oil and Gas.

Public Relations Officer, DSS National Headquarters, Abuja, Dr Peter Afunanya, who paraded the suspect, an indigene of Kogi State, on Tuesday, said their investigations revealed that Momoh and his group never acted on behalf of or for the Chief of Staff.

Afunanya said the suspect had approached Aniogu, from Bayelsa State, telling him he was a security aide attached to Gambari. Momoh had claimed that $25, 000 would be for the Chief of Staff while the remaining would be for the “boys” who would help secure the appointment.

The DSS Spokesman said Momoh had worked briefly some time ago as an aide to someone in the Presidential Villa and had some knowledge of the workings of the environment.

Momoh and his team had visited Aniogu in his house in Abuja to collect the money.

Afunanya said Aniogu suspected they were fraudulent and alerted authorities leading to a sting operation that was conducted by the Service, where Momoh was nabbed.

Afunanya said Momoh would face the full weight of the law.

The DSS Spokesman advised that people who use social media should mind the kind of information they drop in their space, as there are always criminal elements harvesting information to use and defraud unsuspecting people.

He called on Nigerians to be cautious and avoid being greedy and desperate so as not to fall victim to fraudsters.

“They should be wary and ask questions when and where they need to to. For every suspicion of crime please relate to appropriate security agencies and pass information timely to them so they needful can be done,” he said.

He said Nigerians should be aware such syndicates exist, adding that the Service would continue to disrupt their activities and continue to do all that is needful within the law to ensure that no law abiding citizen is taken advantage of by criminal elements.

“We reassure Nigerians that the DSS as a responsible, foremost, domestic intelligence agency in Nigeria would continue to perform its duties without any fear or favour,” he said.

Momoh, who said he is married with two children, admitted to the crime.

He said he worked in the Villa between 2013 and 2014.
https://thenationonlineng.net/dss-arrests-42-year-old-man-for-impersonating-buharis-chief-of-staff/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by SmartProf(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
The DSS officials should put an eye on that fraudster else he may impersonate the DG of DSS, while in DSS custody.

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Brandstudio01: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2020
I have no issue with that, but I'm looking forward the day I will receive a news that a politician who betrayed his People's trust been arrested. Then we can start talking about living the Nigerian dream

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only. Pay after Service

28 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by dangermouse(m): 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
When are they going to arrest the murderous herdsmen ravaging the country? Just thinking out loud.

13 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by ThatFairGuy: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
CRIME DOESN'T PAY. There's always nemesis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Kachi11061998(m): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
good ..
but still go to Aso rock and investigate that one that called him self president ..

e get why

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by internationalman(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
CRIME DOESN'T PAY. There's always nemesis

What nemesis do our politicians face...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by sodiqapril(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
Lol trouble sleep Yanga go wake am but back to the matter this chief of staff quiet oo.abi na figure head chief is staff

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by ForeThinker: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
Local hushpuupi
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by EyezofGod120: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
;Ddamn niggaaarr
Too harsh
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by galop11: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
SmartProf:
While I blame the impersonator, I think the victim must be a very greedy & foolish fellow. U paid $50,000 to someone who claims to be capable of making you S.A to the President on Oil and Gas? So effectively I'm sure the victim had began to prepare himself to resume his new office and relocate to Abuja to chop life, only to discover he had been scammed by another of Hushpuppi's disciples. If I were the DSS, after arresting the fraudster, I would have also given the victim a heavy slap to wake him up from a mental state of greed. The DSS officials should put an eye on that fraudster else he may impersonate the DG of DSS, while in DSS custody.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Wigetsolar: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
I am in Shock!!!
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Yinkuss33: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
This one don enter 1chance

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by dynicks(m): 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
All these PENIS people sef....

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
Too bad
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Shellsploit: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bad bunny "Me mata" on replay! cheesy
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Fheelzz(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Yinkuss33: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
sodiqapril:
Lol trouble sleep Yanga go wake am but back to the matter this chief of staff quiet oo.abi na figure head chief is staff

Baba no won end like yari now... leave am make him dey Lai dat
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by IjebuWarrior: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2020
angry
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by seunlayi(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2020

This one don enter. But I am sure that there is no smoke without fire. Something fishy must have be going on to warrant the man to fall for the idea of paying for an appointment.

Message to all political fanatics: you will need to pay to see your elected leaders when they got what they wanted angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by PrudencyFeats: 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
SmartProf:
While I blame the impersonator, I think the victim must be a very greedy & foolish fellow. U paid $50,000 to someone who claims to be capable of making you S.A to the President on Oil and Gas? So effectively I'm sure the victim had began to prepare himself to resume his new office and relocate to Abuja to chop life, only to discover he had been scammed by another of Hushpuppi's disciples. If I were the DSS, after arresting the fraudster, I would have also given the victim a heavy slap to wake him up from a mental state of greed. The DSS officials should put an eye on that fraudster else he may impersonate the DG of DSS, while in DSS custody.

He did not pay the $50,000

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by 4tomandchi: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Dude paid $50,000 to open the gate of our national treasury so that he can loot more but landed in hell. Serves him right.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
When will DSS arrest sponsors of boko haram?

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
cheesy
Ma hussle all of us dey hussle for this useless country free the man jor
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by AngelicBeing: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
SmartProf:
Hian, Lol at hushpuppy disciple, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, no dull moment on Nairaland, Hahaha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by ednut1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Both should be arrested na

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Dharniel600(m): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2020
SmartProf:
it's very obvious you did not read the news or perhaps you don't know how to comprehend. I sorry for you. Smartprof my fine ass

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by SpicyMimi(f): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2020
Such boldness!!!

By the way, we have new clearance sales for Men’s wears and it is 50% discount off! Quality clothes from Cottny(Uk). Check my first and second thread for pics and prices.
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff by Vyzz: 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2020
grin

If aboki Don learn yahoo then e Don finito

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB, Ambazonian Enjoying Global Sympathy - Babagana Monguno, NSA Raises Alarm / Oputa Court Complex Owerri In Pictures / Anambra Fire: Obiano Should Resign - Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.